Ms. Wang Huinan Tortured for Two Years at Masanjia Forced Labour Camp

Name: Wang Huinan
Gender: Female

Age: 30s

Address: Shangjiahe Town, Xinbin County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 14th, 2004

Most Recent Place of Detention: Masanjia Forced Labour Camp

City: Shenyang

Province: Liaoning

Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labour, brainwashing, beatings, solitary confinement, torture, forced-feedings, physical restraint, detention, denial of toilet use, harassment

Ms. Wang Huinan from Xinbin County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province used to be weak and sickly. After she started practicing Falun Gong, all her illnesses disappeared. She was arrested by police in August 2004 because she appealed for Falun Gong. She was detained in Masanjia Forced Labour Camp for two years, where she suffered brutal persecution. After her release, she was repeatedly harassed by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials.


On August 14th, 2004, policeman Hong Yuefeng and others from the Shangjiahe Town police station arrested 24-year-old Wang Huinan under the orders of Liang Yanhua, the CCP secretary of the local Political and Judiciary Committee. Tang Fenglian and Hong Yuefeng threatened Wang Huinan and deliberately cuffed her hands so tightly that the handcuffs cut into her flesh. On the way to Masanjia Forced Labour Camp, they cuffed her hands behind her back, pulling one of her arms up over her shoulder to cause unbearable pain.

Brainwashing and Forced-Feeding

Ms. Wang was detained in Division 1 of the Second Section at the forced labour camp. She was forced to get up before dawn every day and was subjected to forceful brainwashing at the hands of other inmates assigned by police guards. She was made to repeatedly read materials attacking the founder of Falun Gong until midnight.

Ms. Wang started a hunger strike to resist the persecution. Three days later, the police brutally force-fed her. She was shoved to the floor and held down by a few officers, while a prison doctor inserted a hard and long tube into her stomach through her nostril. Practitioner Li Baojie from Panshan County, Panjin City was choked to death during a similar savage forced-feeding.


Around 6:00 a.m. on March 3rd, 2005, team leader Cui Hong told Wang Huinan to put on the inmate uniform. Ms. Wang said, “Since I have not committed any crime, I should not have to wear an inmate's uniform.” After breakfast, Cui Hong put the uniform on her by force. Ms. Wang took it off immediately. Just after 10:00 a.m., Cui Hong came back again with a long plastic rope and tied Wang’s hands up behind her, with one of her arms pulled over her shoulder.

At 11:00 a.m., Cui Hong untied one of Ms. Wang’s hands to take her to use the toilet. After they came back, Cui Hong fastened the rope around her hands and left. Wang could feel that the rope was rather loose, so she untied herself. Around 1:00 p.m., the police guards again tried to put the uniform on her. When Ms. Wang began to take it off, team leader Ren Hongzan said, “If you try to take it off again, we will sew it to your clothes. If you take it off, all of your clothes will be taken off.” Ren also threatened to take off all of Ms. Wang's clothes if she tried to take off the uniform.

Later, Ms. Wang was put in solitary confinement for 12 days. The small, cold cell was only 3x2 meters in size. It was very damp and cold, and the temperature inside the cell was as cold as it was outside. One day, the camp installed a high-volume loudspeaker in the cell and the guards played slanderous programmes through it all day long, and sometimes they turned the volume to the maximum level. On top of this, the weather became very cold, causing the cell to be so cold that Ms. Wang could not sleep at all. When she was released from the small cell, she could hardly walk and her whole body was numb from the cold.

Kept under strict control

Later, Ms. Wang was put under strict control, along with other steadfast practitioners. They were forced to get up early and stay up late. They were not even allowed to buy daily necessities, including toilet paper, let alone write to their families or see their family members during visitation time. They were forced to sit in one position from morning until night on a plastic stool, without moving.

Due to this torture, some practitioners developed bloody blisters on their buttocks; after the blisters broke they turned into calluses. When subjected to this kind of insidious torture, the victim suffers a great deal, yet others cannot see any sign of the physical punishment he or she has suffered.

The practitioners were given five minutes to wash their faces and brush their teeth. The time allotted to do this included the time it took them to walk to the washroom. They were not allowed to take a shower or wash their clothes.

New Round of Persecution

Beginning on February 24th, 2006, a new round of frenzied persecution was imposed on Falun Gong practitioners by administration section head Ma Jishan, Liu Yong and a group of male guards. They collected all the Falun Gong practitioners detained at Masanjia Forced Labour Camp and put them into the coldest room in the camp. During the day, practitioners were forced to stand still until midnight. Sometimes they were forced to stand for 24 hours and they were not allowed to eat, sleep or use the toilet.

The practitioners were forced to stand for a total of three months. As a result, their bodies, especially their legs, became severely swollen, and they could only wear large-sized shoes. When practitioners would not renounce their spiritual belief, the police took out a few steadfast practitioners and beat them, then they took them to separate cells to be subjected to the stretching torture.

Stretching Torture

Between March 7th to June 2nd, 2006, police officers Ma Jishan and Liu Yong tortured Ms. Wang Huinan by stretching her for 43 days.

In the so-called stretching punishment, the victim’s hands are cuffed to the upper frame of a bunk bed and the lower ladder of another, so the victim can neither completely stand up nor squat down. The victim has no choice but to semi-squat in a hunched over position, with both hands stretched out in different directions. Ms. Wang was cuffed like this all day long and was only allowed to sleep at midnight or 3:00 a.m. At 5:00 a.m., the perpetrators resumed torturing her this way. Even when she was allowed to sleep, she could only lean to one side, with both her hands remaining cuffed to the ladder frame. She could not move or turn her body. It was very painful. When she got up in the morning, she could hardly move the arm that was pressed underneath her.

The weather was very cold outside, and it was cold inside the unheated cell. Ms. Wang’s hands turned dark blue in colour from constantly being handcuffed. The guards told her that her hands would become crippled and useless.

Ms. Wang was also bound and stretched four times by Ma Jishan, Liu Yong and Cui Kai. Each time they would not loosen her until she passed out from the pain. Due to being tortured by being hung up and forced to stand for long periods of time, Ms. Wang's feet became extremely swollen. Later, when the weather turned hot, the guards opened the window to let the mosquitoes in to bite her.

Kneeling Torture

Around 9:00 a.m. on April 24th, 2006, Liu Yong, Ma Jishan and Wang Qi forced Ms. Wang to kneel down in the corner of the cell. Ms. Wang said, “A lady cannot kneel down against the wall.” They cuffed her hands and forced her down to the floor. She managed to get up again and again in great pain. Then the guards used a table to force her into the corner to kneel down. Several practitioners saw the guards' boot prints on her back.

Forced Labour

In June 2006, Ms. Wang was sent to Section One of Masanjia Forced Labour Camp to do forced labour. Because of the long-term torture that she had suffered, she was weak and could not do any heavy work. Nevertheless, she had to get up at 5:00 a.m. and work until midnight every day. The workshop produced army overcoats and the room was very dusty and filled with lint. The weather was also very hot, making the work conditions even worse. The guards arbitrarily beat or swore at practitioners, especially those who could not finish their tasks by the allotted time.

Harassment after Release

Ms. Wang was released and returned home on August 14th, 2006. In early February 2007, local government official Bao Yingjie, village CCP secretary Zhou Changchun and a government staff member came to Ms. Wang’s house to harass her, claiming at first that it was just a visit. They took out a form and demanded that Ms. Wang sign it. She said, “You have no right to demand that I sign the form, and I do not have any obligation to cooperate with you.”

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.