I Suffered Brutal Torture in Hulan City Prison

Name: Fu Lianjun
Gender: Male
Age: 63
Address: Lequn Village, Lequn Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province
Occupation: Farmer
Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 23rd, 2002
Most Recent Place of Detention: Hulan City Prison
City: Shuangcheng
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, Forced Labour, beatings, hung up, imprisonment, Burned with cigarette lighters
Key Persecutors: Zhang Zhaoxin, Wang Guoming

My name is Fu Lianjun. I am 63 years old, and live in Lequn Village, Lequn Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. I began to practise Falun Gong in 1996. It is hard to express in words how much I have benefited from the practice both physically and mentally.

After the persecution of Falun Gong started in July 20th, 1999, like thousands of practitioners, I distributed leaflets exposing the persecution of Falun Gong, telling people about the beauty of Falun Gong and exposing the persecution. I also suffered from brutal persecution.

On August 23rd, 2002, officers from the Lequn Township Police Station arrested and detained me at Shuangcheng City Detention Centre. I was sentenced to four years in prison. I was first detained at Xinjian Prison in Harbin City for six months, then transferred to Hulan City Prison.

I was detained in the 2nd Section, 8th Ward. Since I refused to renounce Falun Gong, instructors Zhang Zhaoxin and Wang Guoming ordered the inmates to brutally torture me. Once, the inmates tied up my arms and legs and beat me. My ribs were broken, the muscles on my thigh were torn and the soles of my feet were all black. I was not even able to climb onto my bed. Another time, they burned my nose with lighters and beat my face; my face was distorted afterward. I was compelled to do forced labour, deprived of sleep and made to stand continuously for over eight hours. The guards hung me up several times so my feet could not touch the ground. I was also forced to lie on the ground with my belly against the floor. While standing on my waist, they pulled my arms behind my back. I felt suffocated.

Like me, all practitioners detained in the Hulan City Prison were brutally persecuted. The torture happened not just once, twice or occasionally, but all the time.

I was released in August, 2006. However, there are still many practitioners being detained in prisons, labour camps, mental hospitals and brainwashing centres. Those practitioners could lose their lives at any time.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2010/4/3/220914.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.