Paris, June 14th, 2007, Association Falun Gong France – According to Mrs. Yao Lian, Ma Jian’s wife, presently residing in Canada, on May 17th 2007, Ma Jian was transferred to the special torture unit of the labour camp (Beijing Labour Camp Inmates Dispatching Unit) before going into the forced labour camp in Beijing where he has been illegally condemned for 2,5 years. In the beginning of June 2007, when Ma Jian’s family visited him at the special unit, he was described as ‘visibly emaciated’.
At the end of April, his family received a judiciary notification informing them that Ma Jian was convicted due to the fact that he was in possession of Falun Gong related documents.
Ma Jian was the General Manager for the French PCM oil pumps company in China. Before the arrest, he was in charge of the company’s entire China and the North Asia area. On February 28th, 2007, while working in his Beijing office, Ma Jian was brutally beaten and arbitrarily arrested by more than ten police officers. After spending three weeks in a brainwashing camp, Ma Jian did not renounce his belief in Falun Gong and the agitated authorities transferred him into the East-Beijing Detention Centre until May 17th.
Due to tremendous of pressure exerted by the Chinese authorities, the PCM Company was forced to keep silent on this matter for the moment.
Contact : Alain Tong : 06 26 39 90 39
Agenda of Ma Jian’s persecution by Chinese police:
February 28th: arbitrary arrest at PCM office in Beijing (at about 5pm, from his office in the Continental Palace of Beijing’s Dongcheng District)
Police detention without informing his family nor his employer (the policeman authorities refuse to give out information of Ma Jian’s whereabouts)
3 weeks in a brainwashing center in an attempt to “transform” Ma Jian (he was transferred away the police still refuse to give out the address of the brainwashing class.)
March 19th: Ma Jian was transferred to the East-Beijing Detention Center (Qiliqu, Daxing District of Beijing)
April 19th: Ma Jian’s family member in China received the official condemnation by phone call – a verdict of 2.5 years in labor camp for having Falun Gong related documents at home.
May 17th: Ma Jian was transferred into a special torture and brainwashing unit called the Transition Camp*. According to the police authorities, this is a special ‘boot camp’ styled detention unit where Falun Gong detainees receive intense torture and brain-washing before being sent to the actual labour camp.
* Transition Camp: A special military unit of the labor camp’s repression system (called “lao jiao” or “lao gai” in Chinese: forced labour transformation or forced labour education) was formed after 2001 to persecute Falun Gong practitioners who have strong faith. It is yet another effort to force them to renounce their beliefs by means of immense torture and brain-washing.
Sample of torture methods used in the camp :
• 24 hour brain-washing forced watching and listening to defamatory messages about Falungong, etc
• Prolonged beating with torture instrument such as electrical batons
• Long-term sleep deprivation often days or even weeks
• Confined body onto hard object in various bending positions for days
• Violent forced feeding sometimes with high-density salt water or nerve damaging medication by directly inserting industrial tubes into inmate’s stomach via nostrils, the tubes are then hand-moved to further induce intensive pain onto the receiver. Often the dirty tubes are left in the stomach for hours even weeks.
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.