Kindhearted Ms. Sun Arrested

Ms. Sun, 57, lives with her mother, who is 80. Her son works in a different city. She was an operator at the Jiamusi Petrochemical Factory. Ms. Sun started practising Falun Gong in 1998.

On Jun 18th, 2000, Ms. Sun went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She was arrested and detained at the Jiamusi City Detention Centre for 10 weeks. On January 8th, 2001, out of trust in the government, Ms. Sun went to Beijing to appeal again. But she was again arrested and put in the Jiamusi City Detention Centre for six weeks.

On March 6th, 2002, officer Shao Fuxiang and two other policemen and a policewoman, all from the Zhongshan Police Station, Qianjin Police Department, Jiamusi, took Ms. Sun to the Zhongshan Police Station. The reason for the arrest was that Ms. Sun talked to people about Falun Gong! They tied her to an iron chair at the police station. Shao Fuxiang stole her keys and drove to her home to ransack it. After returning to the police station, Shao Fuxiang ordered Ms. Sun to step on Teacher Li Hongzhi's picture, the founder of Falun Gong. She refused. The police grabbed her foot to force her to step on it. During the struggle, the bottom part of her trousers was torn. The police also put Teacher Li's picture on her chair and told her to sit on it. When she refused to co-operate, they tied her to an iron chair, put the chair in the centre of the room, and did not allow her to move. Later, they put her in the detention centre and she was eventually sentenced to four years in prison. She was tortured in Heilongjiang Province Women's Forced Labour Camp.

Ms. Ma Chunli lives in the residential complex of the Jiamusi Dongfeng District Paper Mill. She was almost paralysed, but after practising Falun Gong, not only was she able to stand, but she could also do some work. She lived with her son Zhao Xin. On March 17th, 2010, Ms. Ma was arrested by officer Sun Lei and others from the Jiadong Police Station in Jiamusi and sentenced to two years at the Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Forced Labour Camp, Ms. Ma was tortured and became paralysed again and could not take care of herself. On the afternoon of June 22nd, Ms. Sun accompanied little Zhao Xin to the Jiadong Police Station to ask for information regarding Ms. Ma. As a result, Ms. Sun was detained and beaten. Police officer Zheng Qingcheng grabbed her hair and slammed her head against the wall. Ms. Sun has been imprisoned in the Jiamusi City Detention Centre since then. Her family is not allowed to see her.

Director Feng Kaidong of the Jiadong Police Station and Geng Yue, the head of the National Security Team of the Dongfeng Police Department in Jiamusi, led police to not only arrest Ms. Sun by force but also ransacked her home and stole her personal property.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.