63-Year-Old Ms. Wang Huimin Dies as Result of Persecution

Name: Wang Huimin
Gender: Female
Age: 63
Address: Jilin City, Jilin Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: January 3rd, 2010
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jilin City Detention Centre
City: Jilin
Province: Jilin
Persecution Suffered: Forced labour, brainwashing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

Ms. Wang Huimin started to practise Falun Gong in 1994. After becoming a practitioner, she was considerate of others and was considered a good person. She was praised by her relatives, friends and neighbours. When she started practising, many of her ailments, including cerebral thrombosis, disappeared. Although Ms. Wang was a good person, she was mistreated and tortured for ten years. On January 3rd, 2010, Ms. Wang died at home from many years of abuse.

On July 20th, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute practitioners of Falun Gong. Because Ms. Wang was a local assistant, agents from the local area neighbourhood administration office and the local police station went to her home to harass her and force her to give up practising. She firmly resisted. In October 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was sentenced to one year of forced labour. During this period, she was tortured both physically and mentally. After she returned from the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labour Camp in Changchun City in 2001, she was continually harassed and monitored. She was forced to leave home to avoid being mistreated.

In 2002, Ms. Wang was arrested by police officers from the Jilin City Department and the State Security Bureau and sentenced to seven years in prison. During this time, she was tortured until she became paralysed. She was later taken home by the police on a stretcher.

In October 2002, because the Sixteenth CCP Conference was to be held, police officers started to arrest Falun Gong practitioners; over forty practitioners were arrested. Practitioners were held in a detention centre at the Huapi Factory, Jilin City. A brainwashing session was held in an attempt to forcefully "transform" [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] practitioners of Falun Gong. Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike for eleven days to protest the persecution while requesting to be released without any conditions. Not one of the forty practitioners was "transformed." This brainwashing session was organised by He Baoxi, the chief of the Jilin City 610 Office Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

Around July 20th, 2000, the city police department assigned local police officers to arrest Ms. Wang on a sensitive date. She did not co-operate with them and did not open the door to her home. She opened the window and told her neighbours and people passing by about the persecution and clarified the truth to them. Many people criticised the police for their behaviour. However, the police officers did not pay attention to people's objections and broke the windows and arrested her. Ms. Wang's neighbours witnessed her being lifted onto a stretcher with a sheet covering her lifeless body. They guessed that Ms. Wang was hit so hard that she became unconscious.

In September 2007, she was taken home in a car by police officers. She had been tortured so severely she was unable to take care of herself. Her sister stayed at home for a month to care for her.

During the Beijing Olympics, police officers from Jilin City assigned agents of the neighbourhood administration office to harass Ms. Wang. She was not allowed to go out. She took the opportunity to clarify the truth to the people who monitored her.

In October 2008, Ms. Wang and other practitioners went to the Jiutai Forced Labour Camp. They were surrounded by several police vehicles. When Ms. Wang and two other practitioners cried out "Falun Gong is good," the police pulled their hair and kicked them. They arrested Ms. Wang along with the other practitioners; they were held at the Jiutai Detention Centre for six days.

The Jilin City 610 Office, the Jilin City Police Department, the State Security Division, the Jilin City Police Department and the Dadong Neighbourhood Administration Office have all tortured and harassed practitioners. As a result, Ms. Wang and her family experienced a great amount of stress and her family was almost broken apart. Over the last ten years, she was arrested over ten times and was severely tortured. Twice she was hit so hard that she became paralysed. She was injured both physically and mentally. Being unable to tolerate further abuse, her health deteriorated and she could not eat or sleep. On January 3rd, 2010, Ms. Wang passed away.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2010/1/17/216415.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.