Taiwan: Public TV Programme Exposes the CCP's Persecution of Falun Gong

At 8:30 p.m. on July 29th, 2007, a Taiwanese Public TV station exposed the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in its news special programme - "Independent Investigator."

The ten-minute program exposed the CCP's persecution, including Hong Kong's violent deportation of more than four hundred Falun Gong practitioners before the tenth anniversary of the Hong Kong sovereignty transfer to China.

Practitioner Ms. Wang Pei-hua said, "In the airport, using the excuse of security, the police asked us to leave door open when we used the bathroom." Ms. Chu Wan-chi and another practitioner also said that they were surrounded by many armed police. The Hong Kong police violently wrapped them up in anti-riot blankets and carried them to the plane. This lead to bruises and abrasions on many practitioners. These practitioners had planned to participate in the march in Hong Kong and call for an end to the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. The Hong Kong Immigration Department ordered Taiwan's airlines to deny entry of practitioners from June 26th to July 1st, and provided a blacklist.

Practitioner Fu Hsue-ying said that four years ago she was arrested in Shenzhen when distributing truth-clarifying CDs. She was imprisoned in the Guangdong Women's Prison and witnessed CCP guards torturing Falun Gong practitioners by force-feeding them. She said, "The prison guards inserted long tubes into the practitioner's stomach through the nose and poured a solution through the tubing. Inserting the tubing led to bleeding, but the guards did not care about this. They just continued the force-feeding."

Mr. Chu O Ming, 50, said that he was arrested in 2002 after he filed a lawsuit against Jiang Zemin at the Supreme Court in Beijing. During his imprisonment, prison guards often beat and shocked him, which caused bruising. He said that prison guards often used more than five electric batons to shock him continuously until all the electric batons ran out of power.

The hostess Miss Ding Hsiao-ching said that the Beijing regime's brutal persecution of Falun Gong has never stopped. Moreover, reports have concluded that the CCP harvests organs from living Falun Gong practitioners for lucrative profits. This news generated media attention around the world. Many human rights organisations joined the investigation, and also referred to the report by David Matas, international human rights lawyer, and David Kilgour, former Secretary of State (Asia-Pacific) for Canada, which confirmed that the atrocities were happening. After hearing of the organ harvesting, Mr. Chu then understood why his blood was tested after his arrest and there was no name, gender, or age on the test reports, only numbers for identification.

The reports from interviews of Ms. Fu and Mr. Chu regarding the live organ harvesting described the CCP's methods of torture used in prisons and labour camps. The brutality is hard to imagine and was only partially exposed.

At the end of the programme, the reporter interviewed Prof. Ming Chu-cheng of the Department of Politics at Taiwan University and Mr. Ho Chun Yan, chairman of the Hong Kong Democratic Party. Mr. Ho said that Beijing has a big yet formless hand in Hong Kong, which is affecting Hong Kong's politics and economy, and that Hong Kong is crisis-ridden.

Finally, the host pointed out that the CCP claim of "No change for 50 years" in Hong Kong was not reliable, and Hong Kong's freedom and democracy were being tested, and were at risk.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.