Women Suffer 21 Hours Forced Labour A Day in Liaoyang Labour Camp

Liaoyang City Labour Camp Uses Brutal Punishment and Hard Labour to Torture Female Dafa Practitioners

Between November 1999 and December 2000, the fourth team of Liaoyang City Labour Camp illegally detained a total of more than 50 Falun Gong practitioners from Liaoyang and Tieling cities. They were tortured mercilessly.
These Falun Dafa practitioners persisted in their belief that practising Falun Gong is an unquestionable right, and continued to study the Falun Gong books and practice the exercises. When someone refused to give up practicing, the team leader shocked her with an electric baton, which left half of her face black and purple. Even a year later, her bruises are still not completely resolved. One practitioner was dragged from the upper bunk down to the floor by a team leader who then took off her shoes, and beat the practitioners face with them, until she lost consciousness and her face was beaten purple and swollen. This was a frequent occurrence. The police also repeatedly threw away the food that was brought in for the practitioners by their relatives.

When the practitioners persisted in their practice, the villainous police would torture them with even harsher means. Some practitioners were locked up and their hands and feet were shackled. They could not move at all. Everyday, they were only given a flour bun weighing half an ounce, and half a bowl of vegetable soup to eat. One practitioner, named Zhang Yan was handcuffed and hung up. Her two feet were fettered apart. She was locked up like this for 18 days. During these 18 days, she became unconscious a number of times. Tan Yi, who is only 19 years old, was locked up for 16 days. She was not allowed to move at all while she sat, so her buttocks and tail bone developed pressure sores, and she could not walk for a long time.

The labour camp police forced the practitioners to do hard labour from 5:30 in the morning till 2-3am the next day. They would beat the practitioners if they worked a bit slower. In order to get the practitioners to make enough money for her to buy a car, Team leader Sun worked the practitioners like slaves. She forced them to work in the high temperature in a steel factory, or repair roads and lawns under the scorching sun. Many practitioners fainted. At night, when they returned to the labour camps, they had to make handicraft until 2-3 a.m. in the morning.

There was a job involving glass cutting, and the use of a toxic glue, which hurt the eyes so much one could hardly open the eyes. It also caused severe difficulty breathing. There was no provision for any kind of protection. Practitioners were forced to work under such conditions. They were not even allowed to use the toilet during working hours. Some practitioners could not hold it any longer and soiled their pants. Because of the long hours of work without a break, the practitioners developed oedema (swelling due to fluid accumulation) in the legs, feet and face.

Even though Liaoyang Labour Camp's Fourth Team has now been dissolved, the brutal persecution has yet to come to an end. We call on the international community to pay attention to the horrendous sufferings of the Falun Gong practitioners in China, especially the extreme brutal physical and mental tortures targeting and exacted on the female practitioners. We hope that humanity is responsible enough to history that the Falun Dafa practitioners' affliction will not be easily forgotten, and the tragedy not re-enacted.

(Written by Falun Dafa Practitioners in China)

Posting date: 1/14/2002

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.