I Used to Hide at Home and Study the Falun Dafa Teachings, Now I Have Stepped out to Clarify the Truth

I came across Falun Dafa when I was sick

I am 60 years old. In May of 1998 I was very sick, causing me to become extremely weak and to lose a lot of weight. A former classmate told me about the benefits of Falun Gong one day and I went to the local practise site that same night. Those first two nights, I could not complete the standing exercises or the sitting meditation. On the third day, a miracle occurred. For the first time in months, I felt clear-minded and comfortable in my body. At that time, I weighed only 80 pounds. After three months of practise, my weight increased to 100 pounds. Our compassionate Master purified my body and eliminated my karma. Since then, I have not needed any medicine and I am very healthy. Our compassionate Master gave me a second life.

On the 20th of July, 1999, Jiang Zemin ordered the persecution of Falun Gong. He used the TV, radio, and newspapers to slander Falun Dafa and Master every day. At that time I was afraid, but I continued to practise at home. Although I knew that Falun Dafa is good, I did not dare to step out to validate Dafa. In April or May of 2001 I read Master's new articles and some materials that stated the true facts about Falun Dafa. I learnt that many practitioners had been brutally tortured, and some were even tortured to death. My tears fell in streams. I realised that I could not stay at home any longer. I went out to post leaflets containing the truth of the situation and I also made an effort to talk to people so as to inform them with the truth.

Improving amidst hardships

On the night of the 23rd of July, 2002, I was asleep when more than a dozen people from the 610 Office (an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems) and the local police station broke into my home. They found two Falun Gong exercise tapes, so they sent me to Jianyang Detention Centre under the false charge of disturbing public order. There were more than twelve other practitioners detained there. Together, we shared experiences, practised the exercises and sent forth righteous thoughts every day. I could see my own shortcomings when I compared myself with the other practitioners' firmness, diligence, and ability to deal with all situations with righteous thoughts. I made the decision to improve my understanding of the Fa (universal law, the teachings in Falun Dafa). After that I recited Masters poems from Hongyin and the new articles every day. I did not feel sleepy, even without much sleep. One day, the 610 Office sent some people to "transform" (brainwash) me, but I clarified the truth to them. They did not listen and said that I had betrayed the Communist Party. They asked me to choose between the Communist Party and Falun Gong. Without hesitation, I said, "Falun Gong." Later I was expelled from the Communist Party. After being detained for 4 months I was released on 3,000 yuan bail paid by my family.

We should spend more time to study the Fa and clarify the truth with righteous thoughts and righteous actions

The second day after I was released from the detention centre I started to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa to people. I used the opportunity to visit my family and friends to talk to them about Falun Dafa.

In February of 2003 I was reported to the police when I went to the countryside to clarify the truth with a fellow practitioner. I was sent to the police station. They tried to force me to reveal the whereabouts of a certain practitioner and to say whether she had gone to Beijing. I refused to operate with them. At 6:00 that evening, a group of police officers took 60,000 yuan and left for Beijing in the name of "finding the practitioner." Actually, they stole that public money to go to Beijing for a sightseeing trip. The third day after they left for Beijing, the practitioner in question was abducted from home and was sent to the infamous Nanmusi Women's Labour Camp in Ziyang City. After witnessing the persecutions against Falun Gong, many locals in that town were afraid, so it was hard to clarify the truth there. I then went to nearby villages to clarify the truth to the farmers. I also clarified the truth when shopping. At night I would go home to study the Fa.

On the eve of the National Day in 2003 (October 1), Mr. Luo, the Communist Party secretary of Ziyang City and about ten people from the Jianyang City 610 Office found me and intended to brainwash me. I sent forth righteous thoughts and clarified the truth to them. Mr. Luo let me go after 10 minutes and said that they would come to my home for a conversation. When I got home I sent forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the vicious elements behind them. Around noon they all left. Since then, whenever anyone comes intending to harm me, I send righteous thoughts and clarify the truth to them. I also suggest that they make up for their wrongdoing and leave a path for the future.

As we have diligently helped more people see the true situation regarding Falun Dafa over these few years and so people are becoming more and more clear-minded. There are fewer problems now, and the results of our truth clarification are becoming better. These positive changes are due to the mighty power of Dafa and our Master's compassion. In the future, I will strive to be more diligent and to do better with "The Three Things" Master has asked us to do.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.