Two Women Brutally Tortured for Refusing to Renounce Falun Gong: Teeth Knocked Out Due to Force-Feeding

Ms. Lu Fulian and Ms. Lang Dongyue were brutally beaten and force-fed unknown drugs in Beijing Women's Forced Labour Camp. The force-feeding was so violent that some of their teeth were knocked out. The two women are farmers from Yanqing District, a suburb of Beijing. They were arrested and tortured for their belief in Falun Gong.

Ms. Lang Dongyue Repeatedly Detained and Tortured

Ms. Lang Dongyue was arrested for her belief in Falun Gong in January 2007. The police pinned her down on the ground on her back and stepped on her neck, nearly suffocating her. One officer trampled on her chest, causing a depression in her sternum. For a long time she could not breathe normally due to the chest pain.

Ms. Lang was later sent to Beijing Women's Forced Labour Camp, where guard Fu Zhiqi instigated inmates to pin Ms. Lang to the ground and they tried to force-feed her some unknown drugs. Ms. Lang clenched her teeth to stop them. They then used an iron object to pry her mouth open. A number of her front teeth became loose as a result.

Because Ms. Lang refused to “transform” [forcibly renounce Falun Gong], she was detained in a special division for intensified persecution. Guards Li Shoufen and Zhang Mianmian instructed four or five inmates to stuff her mouth with a dirty rag that was used to clean the toilet floor, then pull it out with jerking movements. Ms. Lang's bottom front teeth loosened further as a result and fell out soon after. Two of her molars were also pried out during force-feeding, making it very difficult for her to eat properly.

Later, Ms. Lang was sent to the notorious Masanjia Forced Labour Camp. When she was released in July 2009, she was nothing but skin and bones. She could no longer move her hands, so she could not take care of herself.

Because Ms. Lang refused to renounce her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, she has been imprisoned in labour camps five times, and detained a total of ten years.

Ms. Lang had suffered from asthma and ringworm since childhood. The long-term effects of these illnesses had rendered her unable to do any farm work. However, after she started to practise Falun Gong in June 1998, her symptoms disappeared and she has enjoyed perfect health until she began to suffer severe abuse at the hands of the communist authorities.

Ms. Lu Fulian Barely Survives Brutal Tortures

Ms. Lu Fulian was arrested and taken to a detention centre in 2008. The police tried to force her to write a “guarantee statement” promising to stop practising Falun Gong, but she refused. She was then sentenced to two and a half years of forced labour. She went on a hunger strike while she was detained in Beijing Women's Forced Labour Camp to protest the persecution.

Prior to the Beijing Olympics, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) sent many detained practitioners imprisoned in Beijing to other labour camps across China. Ms. Lu was transferred to Hubei Women's Forced Labour Camp.

After being sent to Hubei Women's Forced Labour Camp, Ms. Lu still refused to give up Falun Gong. The police guards used various torture methods to try to break her will, including refusing to allow her to use the toilet. Guards Wang Qin and Wang Hongfang also instigated inmates to tie her to the “Death Bed”1 for over 20 days. She was not allowed to move, and if she did, they beat her violently. Ms. Lu's face and body were covered with injuries. Later, when she tried to do the Falun Gong exercises, they tied her up, with her legs in full lotus position. They also stuffed her mouth with dirty rags and wrapped adhesive tape around her mouth. She was tied up this way for 12 hours, from 5:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.

Guards Wang Hongfang and Wang Qin also instructed the inmates to keep her mouth wide open with a mouth gag and pour mugs of water down her throat. After they did this for half an hour Ms. Lu's stomach became severely bloated. She struggled to breathe. Despite this, the guards kept pouring water down her throat.

When Ms. Lu tried to shout “Falun Gong is good” to protest the abuse, the guards told the inmates to pin her down to the floor, tie her up, stuff her mouth with dirty rags and wrap her head with tape. When she resisted, they used a hard object to pry her teeth open. Two of her bottom front teeth were pried out. The guards also trampled on her legs and her feet, causing them to swell so badly that she could hardly walk.

When Ms. Lu went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, they force-fed her by inserting a thick tube into her stomach, then pulling it out. They deliberately repeated this process to cause more pain.

When they failed to “transform” her, they punished her with sleep deprivation and long-term standing torture. The inmates took turns watching her. If she moved even a little, they beat her.

Inmate Yu Yanhong punched and kicked Ms. Lu very hard and severely injured her private part. Ms. Lu tried to help inmates the inmates understand the truth about Falun Gong and warn them not to commit wrongdoing, but they refused to listen. In order to curry favour with the guards, the labour camp inmates did anything the guards told them.

Ms. Lu suffered numerous abuses at Hubei Women's Forced Labour Camp for over a year. Many times, while being tortured, she wondered if she would survive. She had been reduced to skin and bones by the time she was released.


1. "Death Bed" torture: A practitioner is tied to a bed with his hands handcuffed above his head to the bed rails, and his legs tied with thin nylon ropes. The rope is then tightly wrapped around the practitioner's body and the bed, from his legs to his chest. The rope is wrapped so tightly that the practitioner has difficulty breathing and eventually loses consciousness.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.