Deprived of Sleep for Four Days , Mr . Li Wendong Is Being Persecuted at Yidong Prison

Mr. Li Wendong, a Falun Gong practitioner from Tangshan City, was sentenced to six years of imprisonment. In February 2013 he was sent to Yidong Prison. The prison assigned six inmates to monitor and torture him, and force him to “reform” [forcibly renounce Falun Gong]. In the beginning, he was only allowed to sleep for 2 hours each day. At one point Mr. Li was deprived of sleep for four days and nights. He has been tortured this way for more than a month.

When his wife visited him at the end of October 2013, she became worried because he was obviously frail, and looked emaciated and pale. It was confirmed that Mr. Li was brutally tortured in the prison. Xia Liancai, the former Deputy Chief of the education section, and Wen Zhanhe, the prison guard team leader, are primarily responsible for persecuting him.

Mr. Li is 46 years old and worked at the Department of Transportation, Tangshan Iron and Steel Company in Hebei Province. He is a kind person with exceptional skills and abilities. He likes to help others and conducts himself according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance ever day. He has been frequently been persecuted by Chinese Communist Party (CCP). He was arrested twice and his home was searched and ransacked.

In 2000, Mr. Li was arrested and was detained for three years at the Hehua Forced Labour camp. There, he was tortured with various methods such as "killer rope" and electric shocks, and was forced to work long hours. In the “killer rope” torture, prison guards twisted both of Mr. Li's arms to his back and tied them tightly with a rope.

Pressured by the regime, his company dismissed him but later restored his position. However when he returned to work, he was treated as a temporary contract worker with lower pay and without benefits. He repeatedly requested to resume his previous position, but his request was refused.

On February 25th, 2012, Mr. Li was arrested again at his home by police. He was beaten by police officers at the Kaiping branch of the Tangshan Public Security Bureau. After the beating, his face was bloody and covered with dark bruises. While he was detained at Tangshan First Detention Centre, he went on a hunger strike to protest the detention. He was tortured, locked up in a small cell, forced to wear shackles, and subjected to force-feeding.

On September 5th, 2012, Zhengzhuangzi Central Court in Kaiping District sentenced Mr. Li to six years of imprisonment. Since February 2013, he has been in Yidong Prison and continues to be persecuted.

These two people are primarily responsible for persecuting Mr. Li:

Xia Liancai (夏连才): +86-13323250634, +86-315-8317170

Wen Zhanhe (温占和): +86-13323250614, +86-0315-8501570

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.