Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • The Ruthless Behaviour of Beijing Police

    Ms. Chen Yuqing and her daughter, both Falun Gong practitioners, were awakened around midnight by banging at their door and shouts that their house was on fire. There was no sign of a fire however, so they did not open the door. Yang Jinlong and other officers from the Shuguang Police Station then broke down the door and arrested Ms. Chen and her daughter. This occurred on July 19th, 2015.
  • Cold-Blooded Torture Renders Practitioners Unrecognizable at Death

    Since 1999, the communist regime in China has regularly used torture in its campaign to force Falun Gong practitioners to renounce their belief. During his ten years in Panjin Prison, Mr. Huang was beaten and tortured with electric batons. During a family visit in October 2009, an inmate had to hold him up. His own wife could not recognize him. He was extremely frail, his teeth were severely deformed, his body was shaking uncontrollably, and he partially lost his hearing. Five days after the visit on October 25th, 2010, prison authorities notified his family that Mr. Huang had died in prison.
  • Imprisoned Falun Gong Practitioner Dies Awaiting Medical Care

    Mr. Feng Xue fell critically ill in the early afternoon on August 10th, 2015, and died just a few hours later. As he was fighting for his life, the guards at Hulan Prison spent hours waiting for their supervisor to return from out of town to make the decision on his medical care. When the supervisor finally showed up to check on Mr. Feng, there were already no vital signs. The 47-year-old man from Heilongjiang Province passed away at 5:30 p.m. that day while serving 9 years for practising Falun Gong. His family is contemplating a wrongful death lawsuit against the prison for delayed medical care of their loved one.
  • Practitioner Dies Hours After Arrest in Hengshui

    Fifteen Falun Gong practitioners from Hengshui City, Hebei Province were arrested on August 21st, 2015, and one of them, Mr. Yuan, 65, suddenly passed away just hours later on the day of his arrest. Prior to his arrest, Mr. Yuan had his home ransacked by local police on June 18th. The officers confiscated many of his personal belongings, including two laptop computers, two printers, one CD burner, and three paper cutters. At the time of this writing, 13 of the practitioners remain in detention.
  • Ms. Liu Xiuzhen Diagnosed with Cancer in Prison

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Xiuzhen from Qingdao was arrested on May 2nd, 2014, and sentenced to three years in Shandong Woman's Prison. She was recently diagnosed with cancer in the Jinan Police Hospital. Ms. Liu's family tried to see her in prison on November 6th, 2014, but were told that she had been taken to the Jinan Police Hospital for a physical exam.
  • Belated News: 66-Year-Old Falun Gong Practitioner Dies with His Feet Still Shackled

    Mr. Liu Qingtian's family rushed to a local hospital in the early morning of January 26th, 2015, upon being notified by the prison that he had been hospitalized. They were not allowed to talk to him and had to watch him quietly pass away at 11:30 that night. Even at his death, his feet were still shackled. The police next cremated the 66-year-old Falun Gong's practitioner's body without his family's consent, and claimed that he had died of a “heart attack.”
  • Vegetable Farmer Suddenly Dies While Serving Time for Exposing Persecution of Falun Gong; Family Suspects Foul Play

    Mr. Zou Yunzhu from Guang'an City, Sichuan Province suddenly died on May 11th while serving a three-and-half-year term for exposing the persecution of his spiritual belief Falun Gong. Without conducting an autopsy, Jiazhou Prison claimed that Mr. Zou died of “myocardial infarction.” The vegetable farmer had no history of heart problems, and he still sounded well about 20 days earlier when he talked to his family on the phone.
  • Ms. Song Chunyuan in Severe Pain after 4 Years in Prison

    Ms. Song Chunyuan was held in Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison for four years because of her belief in Falun Gong. She returned home in April 2015. Due to being tortured in prison, she is swollen and in excruciating pain. Ms. Song has been arrested five times, taken to a forced labour camp twice, and sentenced to four years in prison in 2011.
  • Practitioners Persecuted for 18 Hours Daily in Haikou Brainwashing Centre

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang Xiaobo was arrested at work and taken to a brainwashing centre on May 8th, 2015, where staff deprive him of food and beat him until they broke his left arm. The police tried to brainwash him for about 18 hours daily. There were about 10 practitioners there at the time of his arrest.
  • 83-Year-Old Mother of Arrested Sichuan Practitioner Abused by Police

    The whereabouts of Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yang Shuhua from Shifang, Sichuan Province is unknown as of May 31st, 2015. Her family has searched everywhere, and her elderly mother was abused by agents from the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong).
  • 70-Year-Old Man Arrested for the 9th Time for His Belief

    70-year-old Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhang Shanming was recently arrested for the ninth time. He was taken into police custody on the evening of May 12th for putting up stickers with messages that said “Falun Gong is good” in public. His home was ransacked, and he is being held at the Zhucheng City Detention Centre. Because of his belief, the local police and Communist Party officials have targeted him since the persecution of Falun Gong began. He has been repeatedly arrested and unjustly detained. His most recent arrest marks the ninth time in the past 16 years.
  • 79-Year-Old Woman Dies Just Months after Lengthy Imprisonment

    Ms. Yang Suolin, a 79-year-old Falun Gong practitioner from Anshan City, Liaoning Province, died on April 22nd, 2015. Years of brutal treatment had left her paralyzed from the waist down. She spent 3 years in a forced labour camp and 7 years in prison for her belief in Falun Gong, enduring torture and humiliation. After her release from prison, a Party official continued to harass her until the day she died.
  • Twenty Thousand Yuan for a Life

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Luxiang, 49, from Anshan passed away in Liaoning Women's Prison on September 3rd, 2014. The prison officials offered to pay her family 50,000 yuan in compensation, if they signed the cremation papers. After the cremation, the family was paid 20,000 yuan. Ms. Liu's son tried to argue for his rights, but was told by the guards that he would be arrested if he continued making trouble.
  • “Human Harvest” Filmmaker Given Peabody Award in New York

    “Human Harvest: China’s Illegal Organ Trade”, a documentary examining the illegal organ harvesting industry in China, received the Peabody Award in Manhattan, New York on Sunday, May 31st, 2015. The new documentary follows Nobel Peace Prize nominees David Matas and David Kilgour as they investigate the atrocities of illegal organ harvesting in China, particularly of Falun Gong prisoners of conscience. They estimated that about 40,000 to 60,000 people have been killed for their organs in China.
  • Practitioner Mr. Zhao Tortured and Denied Medical Treatment

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhao Yu'An was tortured by the guards in Daqing Prison, injuring his left ear and arm. Mr. Zhao had refused to squat during “roll call” on the morning of April 16th, 2015. When he was called into the guards office prison head Huo Weidong pulled off his cotton padded jacket because it didn't have the word “prisoner” on it.” Mr. Zhao resisted and said that the prison was violating existing Chinese law. Officers proceeded to torture Mr. Zhao.