Falun Gong Practitioner Liang Huiling Arrested Seven Times Before Passing Away

Name: Liang Huiling
Gender: Female
Age: 61
Address: Jinma District, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province
Occupation: Accountant
Date of Death: April 26th, 2011
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 23rd, 2002
Most recent place of detention: Brainwashing facility
City: Shijiazhuang
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: Detention, extortion, fired from workplace, denial of restroom use, interrogation, beatings, home ransacked, brainwashing

Falun Gong practitioner Liang Huiling was persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) many times during past 11 years, which caused her not only physical injury, but also mental trauma. She was involved in a car accident before the 2011 Chinese New Year that resulted in three major surgeries, and she was in critical condition. Her daughter Lu Ran took care of her, and she recovered somewhat. But on March 30th, 2011, officers from Donghuan Police Station, Shijiazhuang City arrested her daughter, also a Falun Gong practitioner, which caused even further mental trauma for Ms. Liang. Her condition quickly worsened, and she passed away on April 26th.

The following lists some of the persecution Ms. Liang Huiling was subjected to by the CCP over the past 11 years.

Ms. Liang Huiling was an accountant at the 39th Middle School in Shijiazhuang. She previously had hepatitis, cholecystitis, lumbar disc herniation, sciatica, and neurasthenia. After she started practising Falun Gong, her illnesses disappeared.

In December 1999, Ms. Liang went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested. The Yudong Police Station extorted 2,000 yuan1 from her family and detained her at the Shijiazhuang First Detention Centre for 15 days. Later, Yudong Police Station wanted to send Ms. Liang to a forced labour camp. Because Liang had high blood pressure due to the torture, the labour camp refused to accept her. The Yudong Police Station had to keep detaining Liang Huiling and other practitioners at the police station.

In November 2000, the Chang'an District Education Committee and the 39th Middle School took away Liang Huiling's right to work, but her workplace still created the salary form for her every month. The leader in her workplace signed his name every month and then took her salary away. Her workplace only gave her 200 yuan every month for living expenses. After October 2000, they wouldn't even give her any money to cover living expenses. The Chang'an District Education Committee also fined her 1,000 yuan and deducted it directly from her salary, without giving her a receipt. The rest of her salary was spent by the leaders in her workplace. In addition to this, the Yudong Office fined her 2,000 yuan and the police station fined her 500 yuan.

In February 2000, during the Chinese New Year, Liang Huiling was arrested and detained for 15 days. The police put her in a cold and damp place for two days.

Ms. Liang went to Beijing on April 19th, 2000 to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested again. She was handcuffed at the lobby of the Beijing Office for over ten hours, and the officers did not allow her to use the restroom. At midnight, the police started to brutally torture and interrogate the detained Falun Gong practitioners. Ms. Liang shouted for help. The police tightened the handcuffs on her three times. When they could not tighten them any more, they grabbed hold of the metal chains connected to the handcuffs.

She was in terrible pain. Ms. Liang was sent back from Beijing to Yudong Police Station (the former name of Donghuan Police Station) on the night of April 20th, 2000. Ms. Liang was interrogated and tortured. Hang Zenglu, the deputy chief of the police station, slapped her in the face a dozen times.

In July 2000, Liang Huiling's 84-year-old father-in-law was at home recuperating, and her daughter Lu Ran had just been sent to a forced labour camp and needed clothing. The authorities at Yudong Police Station knew this, but they still deceived Ms. Liang into coming out of her home, and forced her to live somewhere else under surveillance for twenty days.

Ms. Liang went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong for the sixth time on December 30th, 2000. She was arrested and sent to the Shenyang City Detention Centre by the police from Beijing, and was persecuted for 22 days at the detention centre. The police later wanted to send her to a forced labour camp. Due to the long-term persecution, Ms. Liang was found to have high blood pressure during a physical examination, so the forced labour camp would not accept her. Nonetheless, the Yudong Police Station still detained Liang Huiling and a few other practitioners at the police station for 11 more days. At that time, her daughter Lu Ran became destitute and homeless due to the persecution. Her husband was left at home alone, suffering from the persecution of his wife and his missing daughter. He also had to travel to the police station alone to ask for the release of his family members. In addition, his father (Lu Ran's grandfather) passed away not long before. Facing the desolation of his broken family, his relatives having passed away, and his wife and daughter being detained or missing, Mr. Lu was under great pressure.

In May 2001, police from the Shijiazhuang Forced Labour Camp and Zhang Jianhong from the Yudong Police Station suddenly broke into Liang Huiling's home, performed a search, and later took possession of her home. This time Ms. Liang argued with them based on the law. The stalemate lasted for nine hours.

In July 2001, during one of the CCP's “politically sensitive days,” Ms. Liang was monitored at her home by personnel from Yudong Police Station.

Ms. Liang was arrested by the police on the night of August 8th, 2001, without reason, while she was out. After being detained, she went on a hunger strike to protest her mistreatment. She was detained for over 20 days.

On July 23rd, 2002, the CCP party secretary of the 38th Middle School in Shijiazhuang and the police from Yudong Police Station broke into Ms. Liang's home, forcibly dragged her to the police vehicle, and took her to a brainwashing centre.

Liang Huiling was arrested seven times, and harassed and monitored many times because she practised Falun Gong. Her daughter Lu Ran was also arrested seven times, sentenced to forced labour three times, and became destitute and homeless for one year.

This time Lu Ran was arrested and sent to the forced labour camp again, and Ms. Liang died because of the huge physical and mental pressure due to the persecution. All of this has caused great pain to Liang Huiling's husband Lu. He looks much older than his age, and his beard has turned white. He also needs to take care of his grandson, Lu Ran's four-year-old son, on his own.

Related article:



1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2011/5/3/240008.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.