Falun Gong Practitioner Dr. Xue Xinglong Given 12 Years of Imprisonment and Still Detained, and Other Persecution Cases

After the Chinese Communist Party began persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, some practitioners from Fushun City, Liaoning Province, including Mr. Xue Xinglong, Ms. Peng Jie, and Mr. Sun Yanming, drew wall paintings to tell people the truth about Falun Gong. The Fushun 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) and other regime officials, imposed persecution on them, sentencing Dr. Xue to 12 years of imprisonment, and three to seven years to other practitioners. Dr. Xue is still detained.

Mr. Xue was a doctor at the Fushun Railway Hospital. One evening in November 2001, he painted “Falun Gong is Good -- Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is Good” along the Xinhua riverbank. Each word was painted in red, and measured one metre long and 0.8 metre wide.

In late November 2001, Fushun Domestic Security Division head Hao Jianguang and police officers arrested Mr. Xue and extorted confessions from him by cruelly torturing him using means including hanging by handcuffs, excessive stretching of legs, electric shock and brutal beatings, causing great harm to his body and mind.

Other practitioners who were also subjected to persecution because of the wall painting are as follows:

1. Ms. Peng Jie, a self-employed business owner in her fifties, was arrested in late 2001 by the Fushun Domestic Security Division. Division official Guan Yong covered her head with a plastic bag, tied her up, severely beat her, and excessively stretched her legs, sending her into a state of shock.

2. Ms. Fang Huiyun, an executive official of the Fushun Power Plant, was subjected to handcuffing behind the back and force-feedings by political head Cai Ang after being taken to the Fushun Detention Centre. She was released after holding a hunger strike for over ten days.

3. Mr. Sun Yanming, a worker of the Fushun Excavator Factory, was extorted confessions by brutal tortures, including severe beatings, excessive stretching of legs, and hanging by handcuffs.

4. Ms. Wang Sufang, a former official of the Fushun Police Department, was arrested by officials from the Fushun Domestic Security Division and the Shuncheng District Domestic Security Division in late December 2001. Hao Jianguang and deputy head Li Jianbo subsequently interrogated her through the night and forcibly took her to the Fushun Forced Labour Camp.

5. Ms. Xu Guiqin, a cadre of the Fushun Daily Agency, was persecuted based on evidence made up by the Fushun Domestic Security Division. The division officials fabricated evidence, claiming that Ms. Wang reported that Ms. Xu drew wall paintings with her on the Xinhua riverbank.

Afterward, on orders from the Fushun 610 Office head Wu Guang, Hao Jianguang sent the cases to the Shuncheng District Procuratorate. Prosecuting attorney Sui Wei then submitted a lawsuit charging the practitioners to the Shuncheng District Court.

Because of insufficient evidence, the court judge Zhang Jun dismissed the case twice. Wu Guang, however, forced the court to hold a third hearing.

During the third hearing, after practitioners Mr. Xue and Ms. Peng made their statements, the judge, Zhang Jun, commented, “This is a matter of people’s faith.” But prosecuting attorney Sui Wei refused to withdraw the accusation. As a result, the Shuncheng District Court had to sentence Falun Gong practitioners under pressure.

Mr. Xue was given 12 years of imprisonment. He is currently still being detained and persecuted in prison. Ms. Peng has returned home after being detained in prison for seven years. As a result of torture, Ms. Fang’s femur became necrotic during the ten-year detention in Liaoning Women’s Prison. Her husband passed away before she was released. Although Mr. Sun came home, he lost his source of income due to the six-year imprisonment. Ms. Xu is at home now. Ms. Wang was subjected to three years of forced labor in Ward No. 1 of Liaoning Women’s Prison, which is also called the "Demon Ward" because of its brutal persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. When Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike, the guards tortured and force-fed her. Because of the persecution and long imprisonment, Ms. Wang lost both her family and retirement pension.

At that time, Fushun Police Department head Sun Decheng and official Song Shougui ordered police officers to arrest many practitioners and imprison them. Sun also made videos of the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners and submitted them to TV stations to be broadcast to the whole country.

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2011/5/19/241116.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.