Primary School Teacher Ms. Chang Ping Tortured at Mental Hospital Four Times

Ms. Chang Ping, a teacher at the No. 4 Primary School in Baoqing County, Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province used to suffer from severe nephritis and had blood in her stool frequently. Due to her ailments, she could not live a normal life and hold down a job. She had to be on disability leave for long periods of time. After she began to practise Falun Gong in April 1999, she was cured of her illnesses within a week. Then, Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials sent her to a mental hospital four times because she refused to renounce Falun Gong and Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She is now at the Jiamusi Mental Hospital.

Suffering Torment in the Mental Hospital for the First Time

Three months into practising Falun Gong, CCP officials began their persecution and slandered Falun Gong through the government-controlled media. Having benefited from practising Falun Gong, Chang Ping went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practise Falun Gong. She wrote a letter the night before she left, which she wanted to deliver to the government. In the letter she spoke of the benefits she derived from practising Falun Gong. Police officers threw her letter into a garbage can and arrested her.

Chang Ping was taken to the Baoqing Detention Centre at Shuangyashan City, where she was tortured. Guards at the detention centre tied her legs and arms to an iron board so that she could not move. Then, they handcuffed her hands behind her back, with one arm pulled over her shoulder. Because of that, her arms and hands had no feeling for a long time. She insisted on practising the exercises, so the guards forced her to wear large foot shackles for over two months.

After some time, the guards took her to a mental hospital. She recalled, "Several people held me down and injected me with a drug. I lost consciousness almost immediately. When I regained consciousness, they forced me to take some drugs and kept me on an IV that also held some kind of medication. I was kept drowsy and muddle-headed for a long time. One day, I was more awake than normal, and I looked into a mirror. My eyes stared blankly out of my face, my hair was messy and the corners of my mouth had bloodstains from the force-feedings. I burst into tears. They had tortured me beyond recognition."

Second Time Detained in a Mental Hospital

Chang Ping went again to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She unfurled a banner that said, "Falun Gong is good." She was with another practitioner at Tiananmen Square. Police officers arrested, punched and kicked her. Then she was again taken to a mental hospital, where she was tortured with an electric baton and injected with medication. Chang Ping went on a hunger strike to protest her detainment. The guards tied her up with rope, pried open her mouth with pliers and force-fed her through tubes. Again her mouth was full of blood.

Taken to a Mental Hospital for a Third Time

After she was released, Chang Ping explained the facts about Falun Gong to her former colleagues and advised them to quit the CCP. Someone reported her to the 610 Office1 and public security bureau.

On the morning of April 4th, 2008, Qiang Gang from the domestic security division of the Baoqing Count Public Security Bureau, Wang Wei from the 610 Office and policemen suddenly broke into Chang Ping's home and took her to a mental hospital for the third time.

At the mental hospital, Chang Ping told them, "I'm not mentally ill. I'm here because you are torturing me for practising Falun Gong. I must tell you that for torturing me you are ruining your own future. I'll let the world know the crimes you have committed against me and expose you on an international website. You send healthy people to a mental hospital for torment! Everyone will know of your wicked deeds." After the hospital officials heard this, they refused to accept her. At that point, the police released her.

Tortured in a Mental Hospital for a Fourth Time

In May 2008, Wang Wei from the 610 Office, Qiang Gang from the domestic security division of the Baoqing County Public Security Bureau, Xu Xiaoming and Ren Shukai from the Zhenxi Police Station, Education Committee CCP secretary Wang Ming, and Zhou Mei from the No. 4 Primary School secretly took Chang Ping to the Jiamusi Mental Hospital. Yang Xiaohua, a former soldier, forced Chang Ping to take unknown drugs.

During the Beijing Olympics, the CCP officials escalated the persecution again. Untold numbers of practitioners were forcibly taken to mental hospitals and tormented with drugs that damage the central nervous system. They claimed that these people suffered from psychological problems, even though they had no mental illness of any sort. Thus Chang Ping was held in a mental hospital for a fourth time.

We are very concerned about her safety and calling on everyone around the world to actively help these victims of persecution.

The following are some of the people and departments responsible for Chang Ping's arrests.

Directly responsible for her arrest
Jiamusi Mental Hospital: 86-454-8771526 at No. 5 Guanghua Road, Qianjing District, Jiamusi City
Qiang Gang, chief of the domestic security division: 86-135-55119558
Wang Wei, Baoqing County 610 Office deputy chief: mobile: 86-139-45771060
Zhou Mei, Baoqing County No. 4 Primary School: 86-469-5422750
Xu Xiaoming, police officer at Zhenxi Police Station: 86-469-5422665
Ren Shukai, party secretary and director at the Baoqing Public Security Bureau:
86-469-5423678 (office), 86-469-4288719 (home), 86-138-03690719 (mobile)


1. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.