Following orders from higher-level officials, officers from the Laishui County Police Department and Laishui County State Security Division recently arrested Falun Gong practitioners and ransacked their homes. Since June 6th, 2008, more than 20 practitioners have been detained and over 70 practitioners have been harassed, and some of their homes were ransacked.
Mr. Liu Chengshun, 19, is a practitioner from Beixinzhuang Village, Wangcun Countyship, Laishui County, Hebei Province. Mr. Liu works in Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province. After telling his co-workers the facts about Falun Gong at his workplace, he was reported to the authorities. On July 11th, 2008, officers from the Sunzhuang Police Station in Zhuozhou City arrested him and confiscated his Falun Gong books and materials. Mr. Liu is being detained in the Zhuozhou City Detention Centre.
Mr. Hu Kun, who is in his fifties, is a practitioner from Shilipu Village, Wangcun County, Laishou County. On June 6th, 2008, the police ransacked his home and confiscated his satellite dish, a 21-inch TV and other personal belongings. On July 13th, the police broke into his home again and arrested him.
The following Falun Gong practitioners are currently in detention:
1. Zhu (full name unknown), Loucun Township, Shiting Town, Laishui County
2. Zhang Hongran, Beizhuang Village, Shiting Town
3. Ms. Liu Hemin, Shiting Town
4. Zhang Guohua and an older couple (names unknown), Yongyang Town, Laishui County
5. Ms. Xu Xiuqin, Nanjiantou Village, Chengguan Town, Laishui County
6. Ms. Xin Xiumin, Sanlipu Village, Chengguan Town
7. Ms. Yuan Huifang, Chengguan Town
8. Ms. Wang Shuqin, Ms. Liu Xiufeng, Ms. Liu Xiuhong and Liu Hanyun from Laishui County Town. The police beat Ms. Liu Xiuhong's husband, Mr. Dong Jinqing (a non-practitioner), causing his head to bleed as a result. He was detained in the Laishui County Detention Centre and later released under the request of his family.
9. Ms. Xin Shufen, Yi'an Town, Laishui County
10. Mr. Hu Kun, Shilipu Village, Wangcun Township, Laishui County
11. Mr. Liu Chengshun, Beixinzhuang Village, Wangcun Township, is detained in the Zhouzhuo Detention Centre
The following practitioners were sentenced to forced labour:
As of July 1st, 2008, Ms. Chen Shuping from Xiazhuang Village, Yi'an Town; Ms. Bai Shuling from Zhuangtong Village, Yi'an Town; and Ms. Li Zilan and Ms. Zhao Shuying from Nanguoxia Village, Laishui Town, Laishui County are detained in the Shijianzhuang City Women's Forced Labour Camp.
As of July 1st, 2008, Mr. Yan Haidong from Nangaoluo Village, Yi'an Town; Mr. Yin Zemin from Jushi Village, Yongyang Town; and Mr. Sun Yuxian from Gaoluo Village, Yi'an Town are detained in the Balizhuang Forced Labotr Camp in Baoding City. Before July 1st, 2008, Mr. Li Huaiyou from Zhuangtong Village, Yi'an Town; and Zhuo Jinchun from Zhuojiazhuang Village, Yongyang Town were detained in the Balizhuang Forced Labotr Camp.
Mr. Wu Yinshu, in his sixties, was arrested on June 7th, 2008. He has become very weak and his condition has deteriorated. He was sent to the hospital and is being treated.
Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/6/27/98490.html
Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2008/7/18/182240.html
* * *
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.