Press Release: Two More Deaths in Police Custody

LONDON, May 8th, 2002 (European Falun Dafa Information Centre) – The European Falun Dafa Information Centre has received news of 2 more deaths while in police custody. The details are as follows;

Doctors Suffocate Female Practitioner While Trying To Force-Feed Her
Baoji City, Shaanxi Province

According to reports, while Sun Guilan and 50 other practitioners were attending an experience sharing meeting the police forcibly broke into the meeting place an hour after it had begun. Police beat practitioners, twisted their arms and seized them by their throats. They forbade practitioners to speak or go to the toilet.

All of those at the meeting were detained at different detention centres. Sun Guilan was put into Baoji City Detention Centre. To protest the persecution, she began a hunger strike.

While attempting to force-feed her Army doctors at Baoji City No. 60 Hospital inserted a tube into her trachea. She suffocated as a result.

According to insiders, the experience sharing meeting shocked and frightened the Police Department of Shaanxi Province, which mobilised over a thousand police to handle the case and brutally torture the practitioners.

A reporter from the Falun Dafa Information Centre phoned the Qishan County Detention Centre and confirmed the arrest of practitioners attending the experience-sharing meeting. However, they claimed that details were "unclear" about Sun Guilan's death.

Police Murder Falun Gong Practitioner and Mutilate His Body
Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province

Zhang Yanchao was a Falun Gong practitioner from Heilongjiang Province. In early April, several policemen from Hongqi Township Police Station kidnapped him and another practitioner while they were returning from a business trip. Police detained them in Wuchang City Prison.

On April 30, the Harbin City Police Department informed Zhang's family that he had died and asked them to pick up his body.

At the Huangshanzuizi Crematory in Harbin City, Zhang's family members discovered that his body had been brutalized beyond recognition; his skull had apparently been opened and later closed. One of his eyeballs was missing and the socket was caved in, leaving a gaping hole. There was virtually no skin on his head and many parts of his face, and there were no teeth in his lower jaw. Bruises and wounds could be seen everywhere on his body, many parts of which were skinless. There was a long cut on his chest and one could see that it had been sewn up. His chest was also caved in.

The staff in the crematory said that Zhang's body had been there for 21 days. His body had been dissected and his skull opened up. Part of his brain, heart, lungs and liver were taken away. The crematorium staff also said that they could not tell why the police had taken Zhang’s body parts.


English Contacts: Peter Jauhal +44 799 054 1284

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.