Amid Beatings and Torture Firm Faith Remains

Xiong Jiwei, male, is a doctor at Hubei Shuanghuan Employee Hospital. On the evening of October 30, 2001, he joined in a local Falun Dafa Experience Sharing meeting. For this, on November 3, 2001 policemen He Zhongping and Li Fangxiu of Yingcheng City Xingji Police Station forcibly took him away from his workplace. During his illegal detention in the police station, policeman Zhou Tao (police ID number 082661), who is working with the Political Security Section of Yingcheng Public Security Bureau, brutally and repeatedly beat Xiong on the head with his fist just because Xiong said once "You are mistreating me." In the face of such abuse, Xiong never gave in. Zhou Tao did not stop beating Xiong until Zhou became tired. He yelled at Xiong, "I'll be in charge of your case!" In the following days after this beating, Zhou Tao also mistreated Xiong in various other ways, such as by prohibiting him from sleeping, not allowing him to use the restroom, etc.

Xiong never cooperated with their persecution. One day policeman Nie Shan (police ID number 082675), another member of the Political Security Section of Yingcheng Public Security Bureau, was very unsatisfied with Xiong's interrogation records. So he yelled "Hang him up [by his cuffs]!" to the other police, inciting them to use torture to get Xiong to answer the questions as they wanted. Xiong then chewed and swallowed a whole sheet of interrogation records. His act shocked those vicious police so much that they had to stop their interrogation for the day. Policeman Nie Shan shouted, "Send him to the detention centre and lock him up in a cell that he's sure to be killed in!"

So they transferred Xiong to a detention centre. Since Xiong was sent to the detention centre, he has refused to wear the prison uniform. One day, the man who is second in command at the detention centre, He Ning, tried to force him to put on the prison uniform, and Xiong firmly refused the order and shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is a Righteous Way!" Enraged by this, Tang Zhuqing (police ID number 082700), the head of detention centre, He Ning, and policeman Fan Zuxi cuffed Xiong and beat and kicked him terribly. Later on, they even dragged Xiong outside of his cell and continued beating him. Not fearing their torture, Xiong still kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is good!" and also said to them seriously, "Police, stop your beating!" Tang Zhuqing, the head of the detention centre, refused to listen to Xiong and kept brutally kicking his legs with his leather boots. All the kicking resulted in many black and blue bruises on Xiong's legs. In the end they failed. Xiong did not give in and never put on a prison uniform during his stay at the detention centre.

To validate Dafa [Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance] in detention, Xiong shouted almost everyday, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is a Righteous Way!" As a result, he underwent two other forms of inhuman torture.

One day policeman Chen (police ID: 082925) ordered Xiong to kneel. Since Xiong immediately refused, Chen kicked him down to the ground and wrenched his arms behind his back. Then with the help of political instructor (a high-ranking police officer who represents the Party at the detention centre) Song Jiang and policeman Fan Zuxi, Chen cuffed his wrists and forcibly dragged him out of his cell. They kept beating him on the face and mouth while dragging him. Finally they hung Xiong up by cuffing one of his wrists to iron bars up high. Xiong did not yield to their torture and still kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is good!"

Another time, policeman He Ning violently dragged Xiong outside of the cell. Together with policemen Xia and Gao, they tortured Xiong by cuffing his hands into the painful torture position of "carrying a sword on the back" (In this position the practitioner's hands are tied behind his back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then apply a great deal of force to pull the wrists toward one another to handcuff them together.). While that was happening, He Ning lashed him with a thin wooden board. Not cooperating with their torture, Xiong walked around the detention centre once while continuously shouting "Falun Dafa is good!" so that all people detained there heard those sacred words. During the entire process, He Ning followed him and kept lashing him with that wooden board. They finally hung Xiong again on iron bars by his handcuffs.

To protest these vicious acts of persecution, Xiong went on a hunger strike. He continued to shout, "Falun Dafa is good!" during his strike. With instigation by the police, one of Xiong's cellmates who was on death row brutally beat Xiong. But no matter how barbarously he was beaten, he never feared or yielded to their torture. He still shouted loudly "Falun Dafa is Good!"

A Practitioner in China


You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.