Practitioner Mr. Jiang Guilin Brutally Beaten by Police from Jilin City - Family's Release Request Denied

On August 9th 2005, when Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Jiang Guilin was distributing leaflets exposing the persecution, someone reported him to the police in Jinzhu Township Police Station. The police brutally beat Mr. Jiang and tried to find out the source of the materials. Jiang did not answer any of their questions. As a result of the beating, Jiang's teeth loosened and blood covered his trousers and hat.

Afterwards, Jiang's wife, Mrs. Liu Mingwei, took his bloody trousers and hat to the department above the police station, the Jilin City Longtan Branch Police Department, and other related organisations to complain about the police treatment and asked for the immediate release of Jiang.

Mr. Jiang Guilin, 61, was formerly a staff member of the Jilin City Water Company. He suffered from severe hepatitis B, neurological pain, nephritis, heart disease and hemorrhoids before he practised Falun Dafa. He felt lightheaded every day. In May 1996, Jiang and his wife, Mrs. Liu Mingwei, who was weak and sick, started to practise Falun Dafa at the same time. Through the practice, all of their illnesses were healed and they subsequently felt happy and energetic.

At 4:00 p.m. on August 9th 2005, after Ms. Liu learned about her husband's arrest, she went to the Jinzhu Township Police Station to request his release. Captain Guan was very rude and unreasonable. When Liu asked Guan why they arrested Jiang, Guan said, "Of course, we had evidence before we arrested him." When Liu asked to see the evidence, Guan forced Liu to leave her name and address (a threat that Liu may be harassed later). After Liu repeatedly asked for Jiang's whereabouts, Guan told her that Jiang was being held in the Jilin City Detention Centre.

At 8:00 p.m. on August 11th 2005, Liu and other family members went to the Jinzhu Township Police Station and asked the station chief, Guo Yuhai, and supervisor, Zhang Yufeng, to let the family take Jiang home. Chief Guo Yuhai's attitude was very unpleasant and he asked Liu who she was. Liu told Guo she was Jiang's wife and asked why the police beat Jiang. Guo said that Jiang fell and hurt himself. Liu said, "He fell because of you." Guo had nothing to say. When Liu and the family asked who beat Jiang and who was in charge of the case, Guo evaded the question and did not answer. Liu and the family eventually said, "If you still treat us like this, we'll file a complaint against you." Supervisor Zhang Yufeng immediately forced them to leave and said, "You can complain anywhere you want."

In September 1999, Jiang and Liu went to Beijing to appeal about Falun Gong. Police from Beijing's Miyun County arrested them, and officers from Jilin Liaison Office in Beijing illegally forced them back to Jilin and detained them in Jilin City's Chuanying District Brainwashing Centre. They steadfastly cultivated Falun Dafa and refused to be "transformed," (1) so they were sent to a detention centre. Two weeks later, the officials were afraid that they would go to Beijing again, so they sent them back to the brainwashing centre and further persecuted them. They refused to cooperate and were later sent back to the detention centre. After being arrested and detained several times, they still insisted on practising Falun Dafa.

In 2000, police from Chuanying District's Zhihe Police Station broke into Jiang's house and arrested him. The police confiscated his television and VCR, and unlawfully sentenced him to two years in Jilin City's Huanxiling Forced Labour Camp. While in the Huanxiling Forced Labour Camp and facing brutal persecution, Jiang never compromised with the officials. After serving the two years, Jiang went home in a dignified manner. Meanwhile, Ms. Liu was laid off by the Jilin City Water Company and was brutally tortured in the Jilin Province Heizuizi Women's Prison. Jiang had no job and was forced to live with his relatives in Jilin City.

Eight months later, the Chinese Communist Party was going to have its 16th People's Congress. Police from the Jiangbei Township went to the home of Jiang's relative and tried to coerce him to give up Falun Gong. Jiang refused firmly. The police sentenced him to one year in Jiutai's Yinmahe Forced Labour Camp. He was brutally tortured in the forced labour camp but never cooperated. To resist the persecution, Jiang shouted, "Falun Dafa is good" in the Yinmahe Forced Labour Camp. He went home not long after that.

Jiang has again been arrested and imprisoned, and Liu is making a great effort to demand his immediate release.

Jinzhu Police Station of the Longtan District Branch Police Department
List of Perpetrators and Related Phone Numbers:

Guo Yuhai, Station Chief of the Jinzhu Township Police Station in Longtan District, Jilin City.
Zhang Yufeng, Supervisor of the police station.
The Jinzhu Township Police Station in Longtan District, Jilin City: 86-432-3011005, 86-432-3039721
Party Secretary's Office of the Jinzhu Township government, Longtan District, Jilin City, 86-432-3011722, General Office: 86-432-3011150
Address of the Jiangbei County government in Longtan District, Jilin City: No. 179, Qipan Street, zip code: 132021, phone number: 86-432-3041917
Address of the Jilin City Water Company: No.108, Taoyuan Rd., Jilin City, zip code: 132011, fax: 86-432-2025644, general lines: 86-432-2032778, 86-432-2032779, 86-432-2032780, 86-432-2032781


(1) "Reform or Transform" Implementation of brainwashing and torture in order to force a practitioner to renounce Falun Gong. (Variations: "reform", "transform", "reformed", "reforming", "transformed", "transforming", and "transformation")

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.