More Facts about the Death of Mr. Wu Junyang, a Falun Gong Practitioner from Liaoning Province

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wu Junyang from Benxi City, Liaoning Province was an employee of the Benxi Fertilizer Plant. He died at the age of 30. In 1999 Mr. Wu was sentenced to two years in a labour camp because he practised Falun Dafa. After being released from the labour camp, Mr. Wu left home and became destitute and homeless for three years in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home.

Wu Junyang was once again arrested in mid-September, 2004 from his home and was locked up in the Benxi City Police Station.

On November 16, 2004 his family suddenly received a notice from the police, telling them that Mr. Wu was ill and a patient in the City Central Hospital. Police officers from the Qianjin Police Station and the Benxi City Detention Centre requested that his family members sign his release papers but they refused at first. The police then did not allow them to see Mr. Wu. However, since the family was very eager to see him, they yielded to the pressure and signed the document.

At 5:00 p.m. on November 26, 2004, Mr. Wu Junyang was sent by police officers in an ambulance to the City Central Hospital. He had been tortured so severely that he had bruises all over his body and had lost consciousness. When the family members hurriedly arrived at the hospital, Mr. Wu was lying on a hospital bench in the corridor. When the family came up to Mr. Wu to see what had happened, the police officers took the opportunity to escape, leaving them with no one on whom to pin responsibility.

Mr. Wu's eyes were seeping blood. He weakly told his family that he had been beaten by the police and wanted to go home. After they got Mr. Wu home, he completely lost his eyesight and consciousness. He also had bladder and bowel incontinence. His whole body showed trauma and was covered with bruises; his urine had turned purple and there were copious amounts of blood in his stool. Mr. Wu had oedema throughout his whole body; his right eye was bruised and swollen; the left side of his body was paralyzed and one knee was badly injured and festering. People observing his condition angrily condemned the brutality of those policemen.

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wu Junyang died on November 27, 2004 at 1:40 a.m.

In less than two months, a healthy and strong young man was tortured to such an extent.

At 7:20 p.m. on November 29, 2004, a memorial service was held in a room on the second floor of the Benxi City Funeral Home. Relatives and friends talked with tears about the injustice of Mr. Wu's death, and blamed those policemen who had so grossly abused and tortured Mr. Wu.

Contact information of the perpetrators:

Country code: 86 Area code: 414

Benxi City Detention Centre phone: 5893121, 5893359, 5893698
Guards' Office: 5890776
Legal System Office: 2820103
Instructors' Office: 5893359
Qianjin Police Station: 2853144, 2833365

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.