Older Practitioner Ms. Wang Yuzhi Died after Seven Years in Zhejiang Province Women's Prison

Name: Wang Yuzhi
Gender: Female
Age: 64
Address: Yunma Aircraft Manufacture Family Housing in Anshun City, Guizhou Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: February 20th, 2010
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 2002
Most Recent Place of Detention: Zhejiang Province Women's Prison
City: Hangzhou
Province: Zhejiang
Persecution Suffered: Forced labour, brainwashing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture, force-feedings, extortion, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention, denial of restroom use

Ms. Wang Yuzhi began practising Falun Gong in 1996. She followed the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and worked hard on becoming a better person. Her diabetes was soon cured and her health returned to normal.

After July 1999, when the persecution started, Ms. Wang's sense of justice led her to Beijing to speak out for Falun Gong. She was arrested by the Anshun City police and detained for 15 days. In September 2001, officers from the Anshun City police department stormed into her home, arrested her, and detained her for another 15 days.

In November 2001, in order to help more people learn about Falun Gong, she and her younger brother, Aping, from Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province, and also a practitioner, went back to their hometown in Shaoxing City, Zhejiang Province, to talk to people about Falun Gong and expose the persecution. In February 2002, Zhao Yuezhi (female), the Third Block Neighbourhood Administrator in the Yunma Aircraft Manufacture Family Housing, asked Ms. Wang's husband, Mr. Chen, where she was and asked her address. Mr. Chen did not realise why they wanted this information, so he gave her the address. Unfortunately, this led to the immediate arrest of Ms. Wang and her brother. Officers from the Yuecheng District Police Department in Shaoxing City detained her in the Shaoxing City Detention Centre and sentenced her to eight years in prison, in the Zhejiang Province Women's Prison in Hangzhou City.

Ms. Wang's younger brother, Aping, was held in the Zhejiang Province Men's Prison. He was beaten repeatedly by the guards, resulting in an injured pancreas. He died one year later.

At Zhejiang Province Women Prison, Ms. Wang was forbidden by the guards to study the teachings of Falun Gong or do the exercises, and they didn't let her use the toilet. When she shouted, "Falun Gong is good!" the guards locked her in solitary confinement. She was given only a little rice and a few preserved vegetables per meal. She was only allowed to have two cups of water per day, so she sometimes had to drink water from the toilet. Guard Xiong Saijun verbally abused her in the cell.

Ms. Wang was moved from solitary confinement to a bigger cell, where four prisoners were assigned to watch her around the clock. Guards Xiong and Xu forced her watch DVDs slandering Falun Gong, then forced her write her "understanding." They also forced her take unknown drugs. In addition, she was compelled to labour for more than ten hours per day.

Ms. Wang used to be very healthy, but after seven years in prison, she had become emaciated. On February 2009, the prison administration told her family pick her up, to distance themselves from responsibility for her poor condition.

When she returned home, she could not eat. She did not respond to medical treatment. Her whole body soon became swollen and her health continued to deteriorate. Ms. Wang died on February 20th, 2010.

Chinese version available at http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2010/4/21/221912.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.