Falun Gong Practitioner Lu Mei Goes on Hunger Strike to Protest Her Detention and Is Force-Fed Dog Faeces

Name: Lu Mei
Gender: Female
Age: 43
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Staff at the grain department

Date of Most Recent Arrest: May 18th, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Suileng Forestry Bureau Detention Centre
City: Suihua
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Detention, beatings, interrogation, hung up, force-feedings.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Lu Mei from Suileng County in Heilongjiang Province was a former employee at the salt station of the grain department in Suileng County. On May 18th, 2008, Ms. Lu was arrested by police officers from the Linyuan Police Station of the Suileng Forestry Bureau while she was putting up posters that explain about the persecution of Falun Gong and dispel the state propaganda attacking the practice. She was detained for one night at the Linyuan Police Station and was sent to the Suileng Forestry Bureau Detention Centre at around 6 p.m. the next day. It was there that she was handcuffed, beaten, and tortured to extract a "confession," so that the police could incriminate her on false charges.

When Ms. Lu arrived at the detention centre, officer Gao Kejun slapped her to warn her not to talk about Falun Gong to anyone. Zhang Weizhe, the director of the Linyuan Police Station, instructed officers Lu Yingbin and Zhang Jianguo to handcuff and interrogate her. They forced her to answer where the Falun Gong materials came from and who the other practitioners involved were.

After two weeks, Ms. Lu began a hunger strike to protest her incarceration. The next day, Cai Yongshan, the director of the detention centre, brutally beat her with a hard plastic tube while shouting at her, "You have to eat, and if you don't, I will force-feed you dog faeces."

On the third day, Zhang Weizhe, Lu Yingbin, and Zhang Jianbo interrogated Ms. Lu again. They closed the windows and door and hung up Ms. Lu, with only her toes touching the ground. They kept her hung up like this for 24 hours.

After Ms. Lu had been on hunger strike for a month, Gao Kejun began to torture her even further. He held down Ms. Lu's body while Cao Yongshan force-fed her a mixture of dog faeces and water by forcefully inserting a tube into her oesophagus. They shouted at Ms. Lu, asking if she wanted to eat dinner. When Ms. Lu refused to answer, Cao Yongshan kicked her hard while verbally abusing her. When Ms. Lu continued the hunger strike the next day, Cao Yongshan threatened to force-feed her again.

The next morning, Ms. Lu Mei and other Falun Gong practitioners were sent to the Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Centre, where psychiatric torture is used against Falun Gong practitioners. This type of torture routinely includes the administering of chemical substances that cause damage to the central nervous system. However, they refused to admit Ms. Lu after examining her in the hospital. The police had to take her back to the Suileng Detention Centre. Cao Yongshan tried to force Ms. Lu to eat, but she continued her hunger strike. The next morning, Cao Yongshan threatened her with an intravenous injection. Ms. Lu did not yield to his threats, and she was picked up by her family that afternoon.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2010/4/10/221297.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.