Three Women Practitioners Face a Set-up "Trial" with Openess and Dignity

Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province

Around noon on December 3, 2001, the police tailed Dafa practitioners Ms. Zhu Luoxin, Ms. Wang Rong, and Ms. Wu Biyun from Guangzhou City while they were riding in a taxi. The women were kidnapped across from the Guangzhou Herbal Medicine University. After the abduction they disappeared. Police officers did not reveal where the practitioners were detained or allow their families to visit them.

Two months later the practitioners' families learned that the three practitioners were detained at the Baiyun Detention Centre. Still, no visitation was allowed.

On the morning of June 10, 2002, after the three practitioners were tortured for half a year, without notifying their families, Guangzhou City's Baiyun District Court held an illegal secret trial to sentence these three practitioners. In a prior agreement, the court had planned to sentence the practitioners to at least three to seven years of imprisonment. In order to cover up their true intentions, police and judicial officers gave each of these practitioners a so-called "lawyer" in the name of "providing lawsuit assistance."

When four people from the practitioners' families who learned about the secret trial came to the court and asked to be admitted, they were told that according to rules prevailing in superior courts, only one person per family was allowed to enter. Later, 20 people with unknown identities were observed sitting in the courtroom; two of them were busy taking pictures. These people were plainclothes police and roughnecks. Many gun-carrying police were patrolling outside the courtroom.

Inside the courtroom the three practitioners were calm and upright. They absolutely refused to cooperate with any evil intentions.

Zhu Luoxin, the former Falun Gong contact person for the Liwan District, said, "Falun Gong is innocent and so are we; therefore, all that you are asking is invalid. History and time shall be our witness."

All three practitioners said they would appeal. Dafa practitioners' righteousness and fearlessness shocked the whole court. The judge, lawyers and plainclothes police who sat in the jury area looked at each other and did not know what to do. In the end, the judge was forced to halt the trial and did not dare to announce the sentence.


Chinese version available at:

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.