Engineer Mr. Bao Yuanjing Abused and Tortured in the Yunnan No.1 Prison

Name: Bao Yuanjing
Gender: Male
Age: 45
Address: Qinghai Province
Occupation: Deputy senior engineer
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 14th, 2006
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yunnan Province No.1 Prison
City: Jinghong
Province: Yunnan
Persecution Suffered: Administered unknown drugs, beatings, hung up, solitary confinement, torture, fired from workplace, physical restraint, detention

The police from Yunnan Province arrested Mr. Bao Yuanjing twice, subjecting him first to two years of forced labour and then to four years of imprisonment. While being held at the Yunnan Province No.1 Prison, he was put in shackles and placed in solitary confinement for six months.

In 2002, the Menghai County police arrested him for talking to people about Falun Gong. He was later taken to the Yunnan Province No. 2 Forced Labour Camp, where he was held for two years. His term was extended by six months, and he was also fired from his job.

Mr. Bao travelled to Jinghong County, Yunnan Province, on February 14th, 2006, and the Jinghong County police arrested him again for talking to people about Falun Gong. The Menghai County Court sentenced him to four years in prison on June 29th, 2006. He was transported to the Yunnan Province No.1 Prison in late October and was incarcerated in the No.5 team of the No.8 ward.

Under instructions from warden Ding Yongzhong, team leader Lu Chao confiscated Mr. Bao's meal vouchers on February 5th, 2007, because he refused to give up Falun Gong. After that, he was given only 100 grams of rice for each meal. Mr. Bao held a hunger strike to protest the mistreatment. Ding Yongzhong ordered that he be put in shackles, which weighed over ten kilograms, and confined him in a dark, humid, solitary cell. Mr. Bao was beaten and tortured in the cell for over two months, until April 30th, 2007.

Mr. Bao was locked in a solitary cell once again on the morning of June 5th. This took place after Ding Yongzhong accused Mr. Bao of not having greeted him. This time, he was put in shackles and two pairs of handcuffs, which were affixed to metal rails in a cross shape for two days. He was released after an official intervened, but one week later, Xu Yanneng, the No. 8 team head, handcuffed him again under the instructions of Ding Yongzhong, and affixed him to the metal rails around the clock.

Torture and physical abuse again continued for over three months, until October 10th. Mr. Bao was then transferred to a brainwashing facility, where three criminals monitored him around the clock. He had to undergo brainwashing sessions for over ten hours a day, which lasted for over a year.

During the four years of his incarceration in the No. 8 ward at the No.1 Prison, he spent six months in solitary confinement, where he was periodically shackled and handcuffed into a fixed position. He was only given two meagre meals a day. He held hunger strikes several times to protest the mistreatment but was then forcibly injected with unknown drugs. Lu Chao and Xu Yanneng ordered criminals to beat him on multiple occasions.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.