Practitioners Beaten in Masanjia Forced Labour Camp

On July 20th, 2009, practitioners Zhang Min and Cheng Liaoying, both being held at the Masanjia Forced Labour Camp, in Shenyang, were beaten and tortured for protesting their persecution by shouting "Falun Gong is good" during meal time. A guard by the name of Zhang suspected that Wei Shaomin, a 67 year old practitioner from Fushun City, had also shouted "Falun Gong is Good," and questioned her, "Did you say Falun Gong is Good?" Wei Shaomin answered, "I am a little slow, otherwise I would have shouted." They then left her alone, but told her that Ms. Zou Shuqin, from Beijing, was dead.

From the summer of 2007 to July 2008, more than one hundred practitioners from Beijing were sent to Masanjia Forced Labour Camp. Ms. Zou Shuqin, in her 50's, was one of them. Her original sentence had expired in Beijing, but because of the Beijing Olympics, five practitioners were transferred to Masanjia and forced to serve another six months.

In 2008, whilst in Masanjia, Ms. Zou had shouted "Falun Gong is good" in the dining hall and was quickly dragged out. She was taken to the fourth floor, where she was shocked with electric batons, brutally beaten and kicked. Ms. Zou was hung up off the ground for a long period of time before being taken back to her cell. At about 11 p.m. that evening, Ms. Zou had a severe headache and started to vomit. She was sent to the clinic on the ground floor. The next day, the guard took all her clothes away. An inmate in Masanjia revealed that she had been hospitalised. One month later, police said she had a stroke. Since then, there has been no further information about Ms. Zou's whereabouts or condition, only the guard Zhang's statement that Ms. Zou Shuqin was dead.

In early 2008, the third team at Masanjia, led by guard Zhang, injected an unknown drug into some healthy practitioners. They claimed it was an immunisation. About forty practitioners from different teams were injected with the drug. They forbid practitioners from asking what drug was called or what disease it was for. Those chosen had to get injection without exception. When an elderly practitioner refused she was thrown to the ground.

In 2007, other practitioners in Masanjia were to be forced to have the "immunisation." When practitioners Wang Guilan and Li Yurong refused, several thugs grabbed them and pinned them to the floor. Ms Wang was beaten so badly around her lower back that she couldn't stand for a week. Guards also tried to remove Ms Li's clothes. As both practitioners had many layers of clothing on and from their struggling, they somehow managed to avoid being injected with the drug.

Prior to the Olympics in 2008, additional teams were organised to escalate the persecution on the "more steadfast practitioners." A "special management" team was headed by guard, Dong Bin, and the "severe management" team was headed by guard, Zhang Xiurong. In July 2009, practitioners in these teams were separated and continued to be tortured.

Practitioners in the special management team were transferred to a room in a newly constructed production building, and were confined to one room all day long, where guards and criminals participated in persecuting them.

There are about about a dozen practitioners from the severe management team that are still in Masanjia, the others have been released from the labour camp.

Practitioners assigned to the special management team were: Zhang Lianying from Beijing, Liu Shiqin from Benxi, Zhou Guimin from Liaoning, Xia Ning, probably from Beijing, and Xu Hui from Jinzhou in Liaoning Province.

Practitioners assigned to the severe management team were: Cheng Lianying from Dalian, Wang Ling from Liaoning, Wei Shaomin from Fushun, Liu Guifang from Dandong, Liu Yuehong from Beijing, Zhang Min from Dalian, Liu Yanqin from Liaoning and Ms. Gao from Dalian.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.