Hundreds of People in Shuangcheng, Harbin, Call for the Release of Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Li Lanying

On December 2nd, 2009, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Lanying was sentenced to a four-year prison term by the Shuangcheng People's Court, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province. Ms. Li and her husband Mr. Gao Guang'en were persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), which made people in Shuangcheng angry at the local government. More than four hundred people stood up and called for the unconditional release of Ms. Li. At the end of December 2009, Ms. Li's family appealed to Harbin Intermediate People's Court.

Ms. Li was born on October 15th, 1956. She lives in Min'an Village, Wujia Town, Shuangcheng. Before practising Falun Gong, she suffered from many diseases and her husband lost his ability to work due to his cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases. At one time, this drove the couple to thoughts of suicide because of their diseases and poor living conditions. However, when they heard about Falun Gong, they started practising it, and within only a few months, all their chronic diseases were gone. They benefited tremendously from Falun Gong physically and mentally, and they were able to start a new life.

However, soon the CCP started the persecution of Falun Gong and Mr. Gao was held in a detention centre and severely tortured. When he was released, the local police broke into their home, kidnapped him, ransacked their home and harassed them again and again. On January 5th, 2006, sadly, Mr Gao passed away due to the brutal torture. (Please refer to

On September 9th, 2009, when Ms. Li was talking to people about Falun Gong, Zhang Dahai, head of Shuangjing Village, and Wang Jun, Party Secretary, reported her to the police. Xu Kai, director of Wujia Police Station, and police officers Yang Zhongwei and Wang Changqi abducted her and broke into her home. They took a computer, a printer and other personal property. Later, they sent Ms. Li to Harbin No. 2 Detention Centre (which is also called Duck Nest).

On September 28th, 2009, Ms. Li's family went to Wujia Police Station and demanded her unconditional release. However the police refused and Yang Zhongwei, vice director of Wujia Police Station, shouted at them rudely: "Just go ahead and try to sue us!"

Tong Huiqun from the Shuangcheng Domestic Security Division, together with police officers from Wujia Police Station, falsified evidence against Ms. Li and submitted it to the Procuratorate three times, concocting a false charge against her. Their charge was rebutted the first two times, however, on the third occasion, Zhang Hailong, a prosecuting officer from Shuangcheng Procuratorate accepted the case without investigating. He submitted the charge to Shuangcheng People's Court.

On December 2nd, 2009, Shuangcheng People's Court placed Ms. Li on "trial." A day before the trial, Ms. Li's family asked when it would take place, but they were told that the date had not been decided. Through her family's efforts in making different inquiries, they finally found out that Ms. Li was going to trial in half an hour. They hurried to the court and saw Ms. Li who was very weak due to the torture. Although it was a bitterly cold winter in northern China, she was only allowed to wear slippers. It was verified later that when Ms. Li went on a hunger strike to protest, the police brutally forced-fed her several times. They even threatened her, saying: "If you still say you won't quit practising Falun Gong, we will force-feed you every day!" Ms. Li was badly tortured and she developed high blood-pressure and became very weak.

The whole process of the trial lasted for less than 20 minutes. Judge Wu Haomin, two judicial officials Zheng He and Xu Bingquan, secretary Zhao Yu, prosecuting officer Zhang Hailong, several police, and Ms. Li's family were the only people allowed to be present at the trial. The judge and judicial officers asked a few token questions and then called it a day.

Seeing Ms. Li in court, her family knew that she had been brutally tortured. They requested to see Ms. Li in the detention centre, however, the prosecuting officer in the detention centre said: "We cannot let you see her, because if you saw her, Ms. Li could appeal. If that happened, then our efforts would be in vain."

On December 9th, 2009, the judges from the Shuangcheng People's Court broke the law and illegally sentenced Ms. Li to a four-year prison term. She appealed to the Harbin Intermediate People's Court. Wang Yutang from the second tribunal accepted her appeal.

Ms. Li is in now in Shuangcheng Detention Centre. More than four hundred villagers from Wujia Town and neighbouring towns, and people in Shuangcheng, decided to help her by signing a petition that asked the police to unconditionally release her. Some of these people had seen for themselves how Ms. Li changed miraculously after practising Falun Gong, and others heard about the miraculous change. They knew that Ms. Li and her family were persecuted by the CCP, and they wanted to give a hand.

Personnel involved in the persecution and their contact information:

Wang Yutang, judge of Harbin Intermediate People's Court: 86-451-2377094, 86-451-82377430
Wujia Police Station: 86-451-53250513, 86-451-53250817
Xu Kai, director of Wujia Police Station: 86-13796119995
Shuangcheng People's Court: 86-451-53168586
Shuangcheng Procuratorate:86-451-53132517

related article:

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.