Guo Wenyan and Her Family Suffer Persecution

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

Name: Guo Wenyan
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 2001
Most recent place of detention: Xincheng Police Station
City: Yinchuan
Province: Ningxia
Persecution Suffered: Detention, interrogation, home ransacked, beatings, living under surveillance.

Ms. Guo Wenyan and her family from Ningxia Province were seriously persecuted. Because she refused to give up her belief, she was fired by her company. Officers from the local police station and the Security Section of her previous workplace went to her home regularly to harass her family, confiscated her personal property, and even arrested her many times. Her second baby was killed by officials from the local Chinese Communist Party (CCP) when she gave birth. Her husband, who used to be a police officer, developed a mental disorder due to the persecution.

Below is Ms. Guo's description of the persecution her family went through.

Since I started practising Falun Gong in May of 1999, I have gained many benefits both physically and mentally. Then, in July 1999, the CCP started to bring false charges against Falun Gong and defamed Dafa and Teacher. On the 20th of July, I went to the Falun Gong study site and had a sharing with five other practitioners. Suddenly, many officers from the Xihuayuan Police Station in Yinchuan City broke into the room. They ransacked it, arrested us, and took us to the police station. One officer questioned me. I said to him, "After practising Falun Gong, I became a better person and helped others. Falun Gong requires us to be good people." After hearing this, he released me, but they still confiscated my Falun Gong books and tapes.

On February 28th, 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. I was arrested and taken to a police station. Approximately 30 practitioners were detained there. We were locked in separate cells. Police officers started to question us one by one. They beat us if we refused to answer. When two officers started to question me, I kept silent. One young officer used a cigarette, which was dipped in black mustard oil, and wet my eyes and nose. I had no fear and it did not bother me at all. When he saw that it didn't work, he stopped. When this officer started to insult me, I told him, "I did not do anything illegal. I came here to tell people, 'Falun Gong is good!' You, as a police officer, should serve the people. What do you want?" After hearing this he sneaked off. Later, we were sent to the Ningxia Liaison Office in Beijing, and they informed the Ningxia Public Security Department. An officer from Yinchuan City took us to the Xincheng Police Station and later transferred us to the Yinchuan Detention Centre. I was finally released after being detained for more than a month.

In September 2000, police officers Jiang Bo, and Guo came to the Power Equipment Factory of the Yinchuan Power Supply Bureau where I worked, arrested me, and took me to the Public Security Sub-Bureau Police Station. They then ransacked my dormitory. Although they did not find anything, I was detained for ten days in the Yinchuan Detention Centre. After I was released, my older brother and I went to my workplace to see the head of the department. He said that I was a good worker and allowed me to keep my job. However, a month later police officers from Public Security Sub-Bureau pressured him. The factory manager was frightened and refused to allow me to work there anymore.

In April 2001, I married my husband, who is also a practitioner and used to be a police officer. After July 20th, 1999, he refused to write a guarantee statement to renounce Falun Gong and was dismissed from his job. Later, he found a job at the Yinchuan Brewery. At approximately midnight on July 20th, 2001, several police officers from the Jinfeng District in Yinchuan City went to my husband's job and forced him to sign a guarantee statement that he would not go to Beijing. They also tried to force him to go home and open the door. When he refused, they snatched his key from him and tried to open the door. I was at home and heard the voices of many people outside the door. I then locked the door from the inside. I heard a police officer shouting to find someone to pick the lock. Because it was very late, they could not find anyone and had to leave. My husband then came home and told me that they had forced him to sign. In order to avoid being persecuted further, we had to to leave home and stayed away for more than a month. During this time my husband did not go to work. People from the police station and Security Section of his workplace regularly went to my mother-in-law's home to harass them.

One night in August 2001, we went home. The next morning, more than 30 people came to our home and pushed against our door. These people were from the Yinchuan Police Bureau, the Xincheng Police Station, the Security Section of Yinchuan Brewery, police officers Wan Jucai and Li Dongguo from the Tiedong Police Station, and people from the local residents committee. We refused to open. Finally, they broke into our home and confiscated our property, including two copies of the Falun Gong book, Zhuan Falun and two materials exposing the persecution of Falun Gong. We were taken to the Xincheng Police Station, and my husband shouted to them, "Falun Gong is good!"

We were locked into separate cells and were interrogated for two days, but we refused to tell them anything. Police officer Li Cun and several guards came into my cell. They threatened me with a long thin rope, saying that they would hang me to the door frame, torture me, and so on. A female guard in her 40s interrogated me. Because I refused to reply, she started to hit my arm with a flyswatter. I cried and said to her, "We only want to be a good people. Why do you beat me?" Because it was late, my husband heard me crying and worried that they were torturing me. Because we were fearful, we told them the names of other practitioners. Even to this day, my husband and I are still ashamed about this. My husband got sick from the torture and was taken to the hospital. He regretted that he had given the names of other practitioners to the police officers. Afterward, my family came to get my husband and me.

After returning home, the people who lived upstairs pounded the floor 24 hours a day. They threw things on the floor, such glass jars. We lived in fright everyday. At that time I was pregnant. Wherever we went, police officers and people from the local residents committee knew immediately where we had gone. They also came to our home from time to time and ransacked it. We were monitored and persecuted for more than a year.

One day a person with the surname Lou from the local residents committee came to our home and knocked at the door. We refused to open and she refused to leave. About half an hour later, I opened the door and asked her what was the matter. She said she wanted to give me a newspaper and a book regarding optimum methods for child-bearing and child-rearing, and I took it. My husband said that he would read it first. That night he started to run a high fever that lasted three days. Because he did not go to work for three days due to the fever, the Yinchuan Brewery needed a doctor's certificate. They fired him for failure to obtain such a certificate.

In May 2002, I had my first baby. In 2003, I was pregnant again. We decided to return to our hometown to have our second baby. We rented a house from a relative and my husband found a job. On July 20th, 2003, officer Wan Jucai from the Tiedong Police Station went to my father-in-law's workplace to ask him where we were. Finally, under intense pressure, my father-in-law told him where we had gone. An officer in the Tiedong Police Station faxed photos of my husband and me to the Jingbian County Police Station in Shanxi Province. Officer Gao and another police officer came to our home, ransacked our room, and arrested us for interrogation. Later, they forced our relatives to monitor us and report to them daily. Soon, several police officers from Ningxia Province came to Jingbian by car, took my husband to a room, and interrogated him for a long time before releasing him. Officer Gao from Jingbian County forced us to return to Yinchuan. We went back by bus. When the bus arrived at the Nanmen Bus Station, the ticket seller did not allow us to leave and said we were wanted by the police. Several officers from the Tiedong Police Station quickly arrived and drove us to my mother-in-law's home. They did not notice that I was pregnant due to my loose clothing.

Because we had rented out our house, when we decided to go back to our hometown, we stayed with my mother-in-law. Lots of people lived in this small house, and family conflicts began to occur. We went out to avoid this and noticed that we were followed by police officer Wan Jucai. He found out that I was pregnant, called a police car, and took us home. Afterward, more than 30 people--from the police station, the local residents committee, and so on--came to our home. They took me to the Dongmen Birth Control Hospital against my will to have an abortion and forced my family to sign the papers. The baby was nearly seven months old. She was alive and cried after the abortion. My mother-in-law said we would take her home. When the doctor heard this, he strangled the baby until she died. They killed my second child.

Since we had been back, my husband had lost his third job and my second child had been killed. He could not take this relentless persecution, and one day he became mentally disordered. He refused to eat, drink, or speak. He became a vegetable and spent six month lying in bed. During this period, we put Falun Gong lecture tapes beside him and switched it on for him to listen day and night. On May 13th, 2005, he woke up and started to talk. He was once again a healthy person. We were very grateful to Falun Gong.

My mother-in-law and my husband's younger brother are also practitioners. We were a happy family. Since July 20th, 1999, we have suffered so much: our home has been ransacked; we were forced to sign agreements; and we were arrested, harassed, and detained. Every member of my family has suffered--my mother-in-law was arrested four times. My husband's younger brother was arrested as well, and my father-in-law could not take this and passed away in 2006. He was only 53 years old.

Chinese version available at

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.