The Persecution Suffered by Wei Xiaodong Before his Death (Photo)

Dafa practitioner Wei Xiaodong

Mr. Wei Xiaodong, 34 years old, was a lecturer at Bayi Farmer’s University in Heilongjiang Province. Because he practised Falun Dafa, on July 20th, 2000, he was arrested by Meng Qingqi and other police officers from the Mishan Police Station and was sent to the Mishan City No. 2 Detention Centre. He suffered inhumane persecution and was forced to do heavy physical labour.

At that time, Mishan City was doing road construction. The detention centre tried all kinds of methods to extract money and materials from those who were detained at the detention centre. They forced Wei Xiaodong and some others to go to the work site and mix concrete. From early in the morning onwards, they were not allowed to take a break.

On November 2002, Wei Xiaodong and another Dafa practitioner, Dai Jun, were sent to Jixi Forced Labour Camp for further persecution. On July 19th, 2001, Wei Xiaodong was released when his term was up. After exposing the persecution publicly, he was forced into homelessness.

On April 26th, 2002, Wei Xiaodong went to Jixi to visit other practitioners and was arrested by the Political and Security Section Police from the Jiguan District who were waiting nearby. He was handcuffed and suffered inhumane beating and the handcuffs made his wrists bleed. After enduring beatings and torture, Mr. Wei was sent to Jixi No. 1 Detention Centre. Because he was persecuted for such a long time, his physical condition became worse and worse. He became skinny and lost most of his hair.

In October 2002, Wei Xiaodong developed tuberculosis. The detention centre not only did not give him any treatment, they asked his family for more money to cover his daily expenses. They extorted more than 2,700 yuan1 from his family. The food was as bad as pig feed and was very expensive. The detention centre would not allow the prisoners to have enough to eat. Whenever a new product was introduced to the detention centre, the price was several times more expensive than market value.

Wei Xiaodong was detained at Jixi No. 1 Detention Centre for eighteen months. According to his personal testimony, his family paid at least 600-700 yuan each month to cover his daily expenses. His family paid over 10,000 yuan, which did not include medical expenses of over 3,000 yuan. Actually, Wei Xiaodong might have only needed around 2,000 yuan for food -- the rest of the money was confiscated by the detention centre under the guise of high-priced food (two to five times higher than restaurant prices), administration, and sewage disposal. In the detention centre, under the protection of the police, a criminal named Zhang Jianmin extorted money from Dafa practitioners several times.

In December 2003, Jixi Detention Centre sent Wei Xiaodong to Jianshanzi Prison in Mudanjiang for further persecution. At that time, he was already physically very weak from the persecution. Jianshanzi Prison in Mudanjiang had very brutal methods of persecuting Dafa practitioners. Pan Xingfu, 31 years old, and a former assistant director of the exchange centre of the Telecommunications Bureau (also the assistant director of the Telecommunications Bureau of Youyi County), was persecuted nearly to death, and passed away on January 31st, 2005. Li Ruqing, 66 years old was persecuted to death after being sent to Mudanjiang Prison for less than two months. Two other practitioners, Yu Junxiu and Yu Jixing, were also persecuted to death in Mudanjiang Prison.

By the end of 2004, Jianshanzi Prison started a month-long "compulsory transformation2" campaign on Falun Gong practitioners. Led by the assistant prison head, Luan Jing, all of the team leaders, the instructors, the guards and the inmates, beat practitioners every day, forced them to do heavy physical labour, would not allow them to go to sleep, and subjected them to other brutal abuse. After repeated beatings and ongoing sleep deprivation, Wei Xiaodong’s illness became serious. Afraid that he would infect other prisoners, the prison police detained him in the prison hospital for further persecution.

On March 20th, 2005, Wei Xiaodong was dying. The police still tried to force him to give up Falun Dafa. They tried to deceive him by saying, "We will let you go home as soon as you say you do not practise anymore." He firmly said the last word of his life, "Practise!" On March 21st, Wei Xiaodong died from the persecution.


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

2. "Reform or Transform" Implementation of brainwashing and torture in order to force a practitioner to renounce Falun Gong. (Variations: "reform", "transform", "reformed", "reforming", "transformed", "transforming", and "transformation")

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.