Persecution Escalates in Guangdong Province

During Hu Jintao's September 2005 visit to North America:

1. On the Eve of Hu Jintao's Visit:

It was learned that more than 500 police officers and even soldiers from the Anti-chemical and Biochemical weapon Troops were dispatched to Guangzhou City to persecute Dafa practitioners. Luo Gan personally ordered the dispatch.

Soon after, mass arrests took place in Guangdong Province.

On September 7th, Dafa practitioners Liu Xuefei and Chen Aiyang from Shenzhen City were "illegally arrested1" by police officers from Shenzhen City, and practitioners Luo Yaohui and Hu were arrested and held at Dongguan City. Practitioner Su Jin was arrested and held at Buji and was interrogated about the source of VCDs exposing the persecution, which involves many practitioners. Practitioners Zeng Shihai and Feng Jiandong were arrested by officers from the Nanyuan Police Department in Huaqiangbei and several Dafa materials exposing the persecution production sites were destroyed. On the morning of September 6th, 2005, practitioner Wu Biyun from Guangzhou City was arrested outside her apartment building. Perpetrators were from the Haizhu District 610 Office2 and from the Longfeng Street Police Station.

At around 8:00 p.m. on September 8th, 2005, about 16 officers from the Nanshan Police Department in Shenzhen City broke into the home of practitioner Zhou Fengying, carrying with them various warrants. They took her computer, printer and pocket hard drive, among others things, and took Zhou Fengying to the Taoyuan Police Station at around midnight.

On the morning of September 8th, persecutors from the Shantou City 610 Office and the Chaoyang City 610 Office, as well as local government officials arrived in three police cars. They savagely beat practitioners Guo Songkui and his daughter Guo Kaiyun. They put the two practitioners in a police car and sent them to the Shantou Brainwashing Class.

On September 9th, practitioner Liu Bitao was arrested at home in Buji, Shenzhen City.

2. After Hu Jintao Arrived in North America, Abductions and Persecution Continued to Escalate

On September 12th, practitioner Fan Haiqin from Guangzhou City was again arrested at her shop. Her father Fan Yongde and brother Fan Wei were also arrested.

On September 12th, persecutors from the National Security Bureau and the 610 Office arrested practitioner Li Fengdi, from Maoming City in Guangdong Province. Her home was ransacked.

On September 15th, practitioner Wang Zhongcheng and his wife from Guangzhou City were "illegally sentenced" to eight years and seven years in prison, respectively.

Practitioner Liang Zihui was sentenced to two years in prison.

Guangzhou Police Carry Out Mass Arrests of Practitioners

Persecutors from the Guangzhou City 610 Office and police department took unified action on September 12th and September 13th. They broke into many practitioners' homes and arrested the practitioners.

At around midnight on September 12th, a dozen officers from the Meihua Street Police Station in Guangzhou City broke into practitioner Shi Lei's home and took him away, saying they wanted to "summon [Shi Lei] and obtain some information." When Shi Lei's wife asked them to present the arrest warrant, the police only flashed a slip of paper that read, "Using x cult to disrupt implementation of the law." Shi Lei's wife asked the police to leave the paper with her but they refused, fearing that it would be used later as evidence of their crime. When Shi Lei was taken downstairs people heard Shi Lei shouting, "Help! The police are abducting and beating me!" Some neighbours went out to see what was going on. Shi Lei refused to cooperate with the perpetrators at the police department. At noon on September 13th, Shi Lei was sent to the Guangzhou City Brainwashing Class in Chatou and was not allowed to meet with his family.

On the evening of September 12th, personnel from the Haizhu District 610 Office and from the police department broke into the home of practitioners Chen Huiling, Fan Wei and Chen Xianzhang (in his 70s) and arrested them. The police had been monitoring and following Chen Huiling for a long time prior to abducting her.

At around 3:00 a.m. on September 13th, practitioner Fan Haiqin was arrested by about eight police officers in front of the building where she lived. The persecutors proceeded to ransack her home and took a dozen pieces of Dafa materials, a set of Dafa lectures, VCDs and a printer. Her husband tried for several hours to reason with the police, but his words fell on deaf ears. Fan Haiqin was sent to the No. 5 Tianhe Detention Centre in Guangzhou City.

The perpetrators who arrested the practitioners include local police officers and also persons of unknown identity. We are not sure whether or not they are part of the 500 police officers who came from out of town.

The same day, practitioner Chen Xianzhang from the Haizhu District, Guangzhou City was arrested by personnel from the 610 Office. (reference,

Police arrested practitioner Wei Yingxin from Guangzhou City at noon on September 12th, 2005. At 2:40 p.m. on September 12th, the police tried to open the door to Wei Yingxin's home with a key, but the door was also locked from inside. The police demanded that Wei Yingxin's family open the door. His family refused to cooperate with the persecutors. Then the police completely smashed the locks on two stainless steel doors with an iron bar, about four feet long. These two doors have been useless since.

In mid September 2005, heads of the China Mobile Branch Office in Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province held a meeting and ordered all employees to copy a guarantee statement promising not to participate in Falun Gong activities and to prevent their family members from practising Falun Gong. If they did not copy and turn in the guarantee statement, they would receive severe political and financial punishment, including termination of their employment.

Practitioner Lu Haiyun from the Fanyu District, Guangzhou City was arrested around September 10th. It was learned that she was sent to Guangdong Legal Education Institute, a brainwashing centre in Sanshui. (reference,

Practitioner Zhu Shixiong from Maoming City, Guangdong Province was arrested in the Chaoyang District, Maoming City on the evening of September 13th, 2005. (Reference,

Three practitioners, Luo Ji, Chen Yuping and Chen Xiaoxia were arrested by perpetrators between 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on September 15th, 2005 and their homes were ransacked. (Reference,

Practitioner Xu Fengjuan from Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province was arrested by perpetrators from the 610 Office before the Mid-Autumn Festival. (Reference,

3. The Persecution Did Not End After Hu Jintao Returned to China on September 20

Special agents in Jieyang, Guangdong Province went to other cities to receive training

It was learned that the Jieyang 610 Office in Guangdong Province sent 15 special agents to other cities to receive training. After the agents returned they posed as Falun Gong practitioners and tried to gain trust from local practitioners by pretending to tell the facts of Falun Dafa . They tried to obtain information about materials production sites and the source of the leaflets in order to destroy the sites.

Practitioner Wu Zhiping: My aunt died from persecution. My 70-year-old mother was illegally sentenced to seven years in prison. My wife was illegally sentenced to ten years in prison, and I had to leave town [to avoid persecution].

My aunt Wu Yuyun, my mother's sister, was a retired teacher from the No. 1 Middle School in Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province. She passed away in September 2004 as a result of the persecution. On May 28th, 2001 I was sent to the No. 1 Forced Labour Camp in Guangzhou City where I was held for two years. I was released on February 28th, 2003. The CCP's persecution of Falun Dafa broke up my family.

Police arrested practitioner Feng Yuqiong from Zhaoqing, Guangdong Province on December 16th, 2004. The police ransacked her home and took her printer, computer and Dafa materials. In July 2005, the perpetrators from Zhaoqing sentenced Feng Yuqiong to six years in prison. She is currently being held at the Guangzhou Women's Prison.

At 1:00 a.m. on September 30th, the police broke into Li Shaozhen's home and arrested her. Since July 20th, 1999, the police had harassed and arrested Li Shaozhen many times. Her husband Lai Zhenxian, also a Dafa practitioner, was arrested in February 2003 and was sent to the Sanshui Forced Labour Camp where he has been held up until now. Li Shaozhen has been supporting her family on her own, including her elderly parents and children. Their life has been very difficult.

On September 29th, six practitioners from Yunfu City, Guangdong Province were arrested.
On Thursday September 29th, 2005, perpetrators from Yunfu City, Guangdong Province conducted frenzied arrests of Dafa practitioners.

On September 30th, police arrested practitioner Chen Aiyu from Fanyu District, Guangzhou City.

On October 3rd, Dafa practitioner Shi Lei from Guangzhou City was savagely beaten at a brainwashing class.

Personnel from the 610 Office arrested practitioner Shi Lei from Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, late at night on September 12th, 2005. On September 13 they sent him to the so-called Legal Education Institute, a brainwashing centre in Guangzhou City, Chatou. On September 29th, when his mother saw him at the brainwashing centre, Shi Lei told her, "They hit me and forbid me to tell my family."

Shi Lei's family saw that he was much thinner after only two weeks in the brainwashing centre. The perpetrators only allowed a few minutes for Shi Lei to meet his family, fearing the details of the persecution would get out. The officials at the brainwashing centre repeatedly "advised" Shi Lei's family to overlook the "unpleasant disagreements" between Shi Lei and the security personnel. They told the family that the collaborators3 or security personnel were "a little too harsh" because Shi Lei refused to cooperate during the study sessions.

When Shi Lei's wife saw him, he was sitting on a small stool by himself in an empty room. There was a desk, a barrel and no bed in the room. His wife asked, "He is not allowed to sleep?" The officials who followed his wife inside the room didn't answer. A few minutes later someone said, "Yes, we do let him sleep. We bring in a folding bed at night." Shi Lei asked to be taken to a hospital to have his injuries examined.

It is learned that the perpetrators at the brainwashing centre used various insidious methods in their treatment of determined practitioners, including mental abuse, savage beatings, forced standing and squatting, tying up the practitioner's arms and feet while the practitioner is forced to sit with both legs crossed, solitary confinement, fixed shackles, long-term sleep deprivation, force-feeding for practitioners who hold hunger strikes, long-term detention, and adding poisonous drugs to practitioners' food.

"How Practitioner Rao Zhuoyuan Was Tortured To Death"


1. “Illegally arrested”: Contrary to what former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin, who initiated the persecution, and the Chinese Communist Party would like the world to believe, practising Falun Gong is NOT illegal in China. Although the Public Security Department issued an unconstitutional set of restraints on the practice at the onset of the persecution in 1999, no laws have been passed by the only legislative body in China, the People's Congress, banning Falun Gong or granting the police the authority to arrest Falun Gong practitioners for practising the exercises or distributing leaflets.

2. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

3. "Collaborators": Former practitioners who have turned against Falun Gong under brainwashing and torture. They are then made to assist in brainwashing and torturing practitioners.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.