Bold Appeal on Tiananmen Square Ushers in New Year

Luo Gan [the head of the 610 Office] Shocked to Witness Practitioners' Determination After Two Years' Persecution

On January 1, 2002, 21 Falun Dafa practitioners from the same city went together to Tiananmen Square to validate Falun Dafa. They came to Tiananmen with their firm faith, bringing 3 large and 8 small Falun Dafa banners. At 8:00 a.m. on January 1, they arrived at Tiananmen Square, which was full of military and plain-clothes police. At 9:00 a.m., 5 practitioners unfurled banners that said "Falun Dafa is the righteous way" and "Falun Dafa is great" near Jingshui Bridge. The practitioners shouted the sayings together as they unfurled the banners. Plain-clothes and military police quickly came to get them and tried to take the banners away, beating them and trying to cover their mouths to stop them from shouting. In the meantime, other practitioners unfurled Falun Dafa banners at other locations in Tiananmen Square near People's Hall, the national flagpole and Changan Avenue. They all shouted, "Falun Dafa is great".

Only six practitioners returned safely that day, while the rest were all arrested. At the Tiananmen Police Department, the police brutally tortured them for being uncooperative. Later they were transferred to Miyun County Detention Centre, where they were further abused. One of the practitioners, Guo, was continuously tortured for more than 4 hours. He was whipped until he could not stand up any more. The villains also pressed his eyes with their fingers and burned him in order to force him to tell where he came from. The other practitioners were also brutally tortured. Some were punched in the face, and some were kicked in their chests. The practitioners went on hunger strike to protest the illegal detention and abuse for as long as 13 days before being released. The police had to make sure each of them was still alive by using hands to test their breath from noses before releasing them. They suffered nearly all that they could endure before being released.

The police told a Falun Dafa practitioner at Miyun County Detention Centre that Luo Gan went to Tiananmen Square on the morning of January 1, and was shocked that there were still practitioners there validating Falun Dafa after 2 years of persecution. He was exasperated upon seeing his miserable failure.

January 31, 2002

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.