My Recovery from a Terminal Illness: A Cancer Survivor's Story

My family lives at the foot of Baiyun Mountain in Zhangqiu City, Shandong Province. I read about one hundred pages of the core Falun Gong teachings in the book, Zhuan Falun in 1997. I did not continue reading because I could not give up my attachments to drinking and smoking. In the fall of 2004, when I was diagnosed with terminal larynx cancer and was about to die, I started to practise Falun Dafa again through the guidance of my grandniece. Soon, the miracle of Dafa embodied itself in me and brought me back from the brink from death. More details of my story follow.

In early July of 2004, I found that my voice became hoarse for an unknown reason; I became emaciated and felt more exhausted day by day. On July 16th, my family brought me to a hospital for a check-up and I was diagnosed with terminal larynx cancer. My family could not accept this cruel news so they took me to a Chinese medicine hospital three days later for more CT exams and various tests. But the result was the same. The doctor told my family behind my back that there was no hope and no point in treating me; treatment would be a waste of time. He said that at best, if he treated me I might survive until October.

The shocking news agonised my whole family. My wife and daughter frequently broke into tears when they thought I could not hear. They even discussed with my nephew about how to find a gravesite and prepare a funeral for me.

The suffering from my illness and my bad mood weakened my health badly. My wife therefore had to undertake the entire burden of tending and harvesting our field all by herself. While I was worrying and despairing, my grandniece suggested that I learn Falun Dafa. Then I came to a sudden realisation, as if I awakened from a dream. I started to study Falun Dafa diligently.

I did the exercises in the morning and studied the Falun Gong teachings at night. After about a month, my feeling of fatigue completely disappeared and I could eat a lot more. I even gained about seven pounds. All of these improvements in my health gave me hope that I might survive. I then started to study and practised Falun Dafa even more diligently. When I was lying in bed at night I could feel and hear something turning inside of my abdomen. Even my wife lying next to me heard the sound of turning. Every morning I would awaken from a good night's sleep feeling very comfortable physically. I gradually became healthy and my family felt joyful again. My wife and I returned to our original business of making tofu.

It is November now. I have survived through October, the month in which my doctor expected that I would die. I did not die. Instead, I am much healthier. The clerk from the village health department took me to a city hospital for another examination. The doctor asked: "Can the patient get up from his bed?" The doctor couldn't believe that the result of the CT exam was correct. She asked me with confusion: "How could you have such strong immunity? Did you take any other medicine?" After she heard the details of how I became healthy, she praised Falun Dafa as being something very marvellous.

After the news about my recovery spread, this miracle of Dafa has caused a pleasant uproar in many villages. Many people even started to practise Falun Dafa themselves.

Nowadays my face is ruddy and my body is very strong. I did not believe in cultivation practise before. Then I became a true practitioner. I want to warn people that you should never believe any propaganda from the TV media in China, because it is all are lies fabricated by Jiang Zemin and his followers.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.