Chinese Authorities Show no Regard for Human Life

Dazhou City, Sichuan Province
1. Li Jinru, female, 38 years old, is a technician in the Dachuan Factory of Sheets and Towels. On May 6, 2001 she sent basic living supplies to fellow practitioners in the detention centre and was arrested. After being detained for over two months, she had persistent vomiting, abdominal cramping, breathing difficulties, she was unable to eat, and her four limbs became numb and weak. The State Security Section still sentenced her to one and a half years of forced labour. On the way to Zizhong forced labour camp her body showed obvious signs of severe illness, and a later physical examination revealed high blood pressure and heart disease. The night she was detained in the Zizhong detention centre, it was clear that her life was in danger. Not until it was again obvious that her life was in danger, after being taken back to the Tongchuan Detention Centre of Dazhou City, did the police release her.

2. Xu Qin, female, 45 years old is a previous employee of Dachuan Factory of Sheets and Towels. On December 18, 2001 she went to Beijing to appeal. On the way to Beijing she was illegally arrested and was detained in Xiwai Detention Centre, and was illegally "fined" by the police together with over ten other practitioners. Each one was fined 3,000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the monthly salary of the average urban worker]. Because Xu Qin refused to pay the money, she was sent to the Tongchuan Detention Centre, and 2,000 Yuan cash that she had brought with her was confiscated by the police. While in detention, the police forced her to admit that she was the "organizer" of going to Beijing, persuading her husband to divorce her, and called her relatives to add pressure on her. Police used torture instruments that are reserved for death penalty criminals (such as an iron ring encircles the neck, another iron ring connects the neck ring to handcuffs, and foot shackles are connected to a 30 kilogram iron block), and force-fed her. Because of being tortured both mentally and physically, she eventually became incontinent of both bladder and bowels, could not eat, and she was in a disoriented state. On three occasions she nearly died, with severe difficulty of breathing, limbs twitching, her heart beat almost stopped. Not until a fellow practitioner applied emergency artificial respiration, was her condition relieved somewhat. Only under the strong urging of other people in the jail did the police send her to a hospital for emergency treatment. As of this time Xu is still unconscious. However the police have spread rumors that Xu became this way because of practising Falun Gong.


You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.