Diabolical Deeds Against Dafa Practitioners in Jiamusi Forced Labour Camp

On June 25 2003, police in the Jiamusi Labour Camp of Heilongjiang Province tried to force Dafa practitioners to perform an "assignment" of slandering Dafa, but this attempt was firmly resisted by practitioners. That night, practitioner Ms. Lu Jing was tortured with "carrying a sword in the back"*. Eight female practitioners doing slave labour then protested over the torture of Lu Jing. A group of police took the fiercest criminal from the ninth team with them and dragged the practitioners towards the dorm. They beat practitioners on the way and eventually got into a small room, where they hit practitioners' faces with the soles of their shoes. After they got tired from beating the practitioners, they left with wild laughter.

The eight practitioners' faces were all swollen from the beating. Such a heart-rendering sight! They could barely open their black and bruised eyes, and their faces were distorted beyond recognition. Later, the police handcuffed and shackled the practitioners down to the ground in a way that they could not move for over 30 hours. In the following month, these practitioners were kept handcuffed and shackled to the ground. They were not allowed to sleep or bathe, and were only provided with steamed buns and salted vegetables, which were sometimes force fed. After a month, the handcuffs and shackles were finally taken off, but their bodies were swollen all over and they could not walk. Even so, the police still forced them to do hard labour.

Later, fifteen other practitioners were tortured for not writing the slanderous "assignment". They were forced to sit on ridged stools** from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. with their hands on their knees, and they were not allowed to move. If they moved even a little, they would be beaten and sworn at. Their buttocks bled and festered, and they could hardly walk after sitting for one week. Meanwhile, the steadfast practitioners were deprived of their rights to see family members, make phone calls, etc. On the first day of this so-called strict enforcement, practitioner Ms. Kang Aimin refused to watch the slanderous TV programme, and was badly beaten. Practitioner Ms. Dong Li urged the police to stop but she was then beaten fiercely and subjected to the "carrying a sword in the back" torture. When practitioner Ms. Huang Xiaolei's health was in poor condition, police still insisted that she sit on the ridged stool.

Persecution of Practitioner Ms. Fei Jinrong in Jiamusi Labour Camp

Fei Jinrong was sent to the labour camp for being steadfast in Dafa cultivation. One time she talked with the police in the labour camp to let them know the facts, but the police officials became furious. They swore at Dafa and Dafa's founder, and tried to force the practitioner to acknowledge that she was wrong. Fei refused and this 54-year-old practitioner was then hung with her hands cuffed behind her back, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., for over 7 hours. Her moans of misery were heartbreaking. Afterwards she was cuffed with her hands behind her back and tied to a bed for a week, during which time she often shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" Later, when the handcuffs were taken off, her hands were numb and one hand lost the ability to grab things. One month later, the police again cruelly cuffed her with her hands behind her back and to the bed for a month, even though her hand had become disabled.

*"Carrying a sword in the back": The practitioner's hands are tied behind the back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then apply a great deal of force to pull the two hands toward one another and handcuff the two hands together.

**"Ridged stool": A torture similar to the "Sitting Board"

Sitting Board

Practitioners put their hands on top of their laps, with backs straight and sitting on benches 18 hours per day. This continued for over fifty days. The authorities even limited practitioners' toilet use time. Because of the long time spent sitting on hard benches, practitioners' buttocks grew big sores that hurt badly. They could not even urinate normally because of the pain. Because the labour camp was very damp, the police would not allow practitioners to have air ventilation or the chance to get some sunlight, and practitioners were locked up for so long, countless red scabies grew on the entire body of the practitioner; they were terribly itchy and painful.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2003/8/21/55984.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.