Officer Identified as Culprit in Gruesome August Torture Death

Wu Jilong (吴吉龙), head of the Domestic Security Division at Tumen City Police Department, has been identified as the main culprit in the death of Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhang Shuxian (张淑贤). She died the day after her arrest. Local authorities claimed that she had a heart attack, but marks of torture on her body proved otherwise.

According to a coroner at the Supreme Procuratorate, Ms. Zhang died as a result of torture. There were cuts in the flesh on her thighs and burns around her private area. Marks of blood and shoeprints were visible on her back.

The head of the city police department settled the case out of court for 120,000 yuan1, but the final amount was increased to 700,000. Ms. Zhang's family vowed to hunt down the murderer who inflicted the torture.

Wu Jilong stationed a team of officers outside of Ms. Zhang's home. He also installed surveillance cameras in her home to monitor her family and prevent them from making external contact.

Wu ordered, “No one is allowed to get near Zhang Shuxian's home so photos from her autopsy won't be leaked. Violators will be arrested and detained.”

Arrest, Detention, and Death

Ms. Zhang boarded a bus to Tumen City, Jilin Province, on August 7th and went missing. The next time her husband saw her, she was dead in the hospital.

Her family later found out that she left home after receiving a phone call from someone who appeared to be another practitioner, who asked her to deliver printed literature about the persecution.

As she got off the bus, she was swarmed by Wu and other officers, who had been following her in a police car.

As they seized her, one officer openly mocked, “You escaped from the Songlin Village Senior Centre Training Class [a euphemism for a brainwashing class] a few years ago. The director of our city's 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) urged us to look for you. So we gave you a call and pretended to be a friend to lure you in...”

She was then taken to the Bianfang Xiangshang Police Station in Tumen City, Jilin Province.

At the station, Wu and other officers beat and kicked Ms. Zhang and shocked her with electric batons to try to force her to reveal the whereabouts of other practitioners in the area.

In about an hour, she was dead. With the other officers in shock, Wu proposed a solution: take her to the hospital and say she died of a heart attack.

Wu Jilong, 43, was previously the chief of the Yuegong Street Police Station in Tumen City. He was promoted to his current position in 2010 after his predecessor was arrested for drug smuggling.


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.