Detention Centre Guards Beat Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Yang Naijian, from Qingdao City

The Qingdao City Police Department in Shandong Province mobilized close to 100 officers to arrest several Falun Gong practitioners on May 2nd, 2013.

The practitioners who were arrested included Ms. Lu Xueqin, Ms. Liu Xiuzhen, Mr. Yang Naijian, Mr. Yuan Shaohua, Ms. Cui Luning, and Mr. Li Hao. They were arrested for displaying photos that showed how the authorities torture Falun Gong practitioners.

Mr. Yang from Xi'nugushan Village, Chengyang District, Qingdao City, was repeatedly abused by police, to the point of being on the brink of death several times. The police tortured him to get him to confess to crimes he didn't commit. Recently at the Chengyang District Detention Centre, he was again beaten and tortured by guards.

Mr. Yang refused to wear the detention centre jumpsuit on the morning of October 8th, 2013. Guard Wang Piyong subsequently beat him in front of others. His face swelled and his mouth bled.

Mr. Yang felt sick at 5:00 p.m. on October 8th, 2013, and was diagnosed with hypertension and heart problems. The symptoms persisted, and by October 9th Mr. Yang suffered headache, dizziness, nausea, and leg, chest, and back pain.

Guard Wang would not let Mr. Yang get treatment because he had refused to wear a jumpsuit.

Mr. Yang's Own Account

I have practised Falun Gong for almost 13 years. Because of the practice, I have become a kind person who is considerate of others. I always behave moderately.

I refused to wear a jumpsuit while I was detained because I had committed no crime. Guard Wang Piyong from the Chengyang District Detention Centre savagely beat me in front of everyone at around 9:00 p.m. on October 8th, 2013. My head became swollen and my mouth bled. I felt dizzy and my head hurt. Wang was going to continue the beatings until I wore the jumpsuit, but another guard stopped him.

This guard did not care if I lived or died. One can only imagine how many Falun Gong practitioners have suffered even worse torture for no good reason. If anything ever happens to me, I affirm that I did not harm myself—it was done by the guards and detention centre officials.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.