Older Ms. Gu Modi from Wuxi Arrested for the Ninth Time

Ms. Gu Modi, over 60, was forcibly taken from her home for the ninth time, at 9 a.m. on September 28th, 2012. She was taken by police officers in Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province, to the Jiangsu Provincial Brainwashing Centre in Xinghua City.

During the 13 years of the Chinese Communist Party's persecution, Ms. Gu Modi has been detained three times, twice been subjected to forced labour, and sentenced and locked up at brainwashing centres four times. All of this was because of her persistence in believing in Falun Gong, and using the standard of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance to be a person with high morals.

In January 2000, the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) in Wuxi City forcibly took five local Falun Gong practitioners to a psychiatric hospital (the 7th People's Hospital of Wuxi) to persecute them. At that time they also intended to imprison Ms. Gu in this hospital, so they threatened her family members by saying, “If you agree to send her into the psychiatric hospital we will handle this case as an internal case among citizens, otherwise we will handle it as one between us and our enemies and we'll sentence her to prison.” Ms. Gu's family members refused to sign the agreement document, so the 610 Office forcibly took Ms. Gu to a detention centre and imprisoned her for one month. Ms. Gu was again imprisoned for one month in July 2000.

In June 2001, Ms. Gu was sentenced to one year of forced labour. The Judong Women's Forced Labour Camp of Jurong City, Jiangsu Province extended her term by three months because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong. She was not released until the end of September 2002.

Eighteen days after she returned home, with the excuse of protecting the Conference of the People's Congress, she was forcibly taken to a brainwashing centre in Wuxi and imprisoned for 66 days.

In February 2004, Ms. Gu was arrested for the fifth time and suffered brutal torture such as deprivation of sleep for 50 consecutive days, force-feeding with drugs through intubation, and other torture methods at the brainwashing centre in Wuxi.

In July 2005, Ms. Gu was arrested for the sixth time and imprisoned at a forced labour camp for 21 months. Because of the long term torture, her health was extremely poor at that time and the labour camp twice refused to take her. The third time some 610 Office personnel personally went to the labour camp and ordered the labour camp to take in Ms. Gu. However, just a few months later, the labour camp let Ms. Gu out on bail for medical treatment, as her blood pressure reached 230/130 and her heartbeat was about 20 per minute. The labour camp sent Ms. Gu back to the brainwashing centre where she suffered even more severe torture under chief Wan Huilou's incitement. This period lasted nearly 10 months.

In April 2008, Ms. Gu was once again arrested and sentenced to four years in prison at the Nantong Women's Prison.

In August 2012, Ms. Gu was once again arrested and sentenced to 15 days of detention to be executed outside of prison.

At 9 a.m. on September 28th, 2012, the police went to Ms. Gu's home to arrest her, but Ms. Gu refused to open the door. The police called in a professional locksmith who spent about two and a half hours to break into Ms. Gu's home. The police forcibly took Ms. Gu to the Jiangsu Provincial Brainwashing Centre, and her whereabouts remain unclear at present.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.