Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • Shandong Woman Dies Under Suspicious Circumstances; Police Declare Death Natural and Have Her Body Forcibly Cremated

    Ten weeks after 45-year-old Ms. Sun Xiuju died under suspicious circumstances in a detention centre, the local police moved her body from the morgue without her family's knowledge and had it cremated a few hours later. Ms. Sun was arrested on October 22nd, 2015 after filing a lawsuit against former Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin for initiating the persecution of Falun Gong. The day before her scheduled release, she was summoned to the guards' office of Wucheng County Detention Centre to sign some papers. Several witnesses later confirmed that Ms. Sun, a very healthy woman, suddenly displayed symptoms of a stroke that evening. She died at 8 o'clock the very next morning on November 4th, 2015.
  • Eight Jilin Residents Sent to Brainwashing Facility, One Remains Detained

    As the year of 2015 was winding down, authorities in Tonghua, Jilin Province sent eight local residents to Xishan Brainwashing Centre in an attempt to force them to give up their belief in Falun Gong. While seven of the arrested were released by late December, Ms. Zhao Guihua was later transferred to a detention centre, where she remains at the time of writing.
  • Elderly Ms. Wu Qiu'e Dies after Police Threaten to Punish Her for Suing Former Chinese Dictator

    Ms. Wu Qiu'e lost consciousness shortly after a group of policemen broke into her home to serve a notice threatening to punish her for filing a criminal complaint against former Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin. The 80-year-old woman from Daxing'anling, Heilongjiang Province died days later. Ms. Wu filed a lawsuit in July 2015, accusing Jiang of initiating the persecution of Falun Gong, a meditation practice that restored her health and gave her a happy life. Her family suspects her sudden death was a result of the police threat, as she had been so healthy over the years that she lived alone comfortably in a sixth-floor apartment.
  • Woman Who Dared to Speak Publicly About the Persecution of Falun Gong Dies from Abuses Suffered in Prison

    Ms. Peng Wenxiu died on December 24th, 2015, while imprisoned for publicly distributing information about the persecution of Falun Gong. She was around 60 years old. Ms. Peng was arrested on June 12th, 2014 and later sentenced to four years. While held at Baiyun District Women's Prison, she was subjected to various forms of abuse. According to her family, she had lost almost all her teeth within just one year of imprisonment. Unable to eat, she became very weak, yet the guards still tortured her on a regular basis.
  • Woman, 63, Dies after Abuse and Forced Drug Injections Wreaked Havoc on Her Health

    Sixty-three-year-old Ms. Li Jili from Wuhan City, Hubei Province was arrested a total of five times over the years and suffered various forms of abuse. During her last detention in 2013, she was injected with unknown drugs that caused headaches, memory problems, and blurred vision. Upon her release, she was never able to recover from complications arising from being injected with the harmful drugs. The constant pressure for her to give up Falun Gong further aggravated her suffering. She passed away on December 28th, 2015.
  • What Goes Around Comes Around: Persecutors Meet Their Due

    It has been over 16 years since Jiang Zemin, former head of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), started the persecution of Falun Gong.
  • Imprisoned Practitioner Forced to Eat and Drink from Toilet Bowl at Jilin Women's Prison

    For many days in a row, Ms. Zhang Yan was ordered to eat in a toilet of Jilin Women's Prison, where she is serving a four-year sentence for refusing to give up Falun Gong, a spiritual practice being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. At mealtime, her tormentors tossed a sponge cake into the toilet bowl and scattered some pickled vegetables on the floor of the toilet. They watched Ms. Zhang scoop the cake up and pick up the vegetables with her bare hands. She would starve if she refused to eat the food.
  • Mr. Zhang Zhishui Dies Trying to Avoid Arrest

    Mr. Zhang Zhishui fell from a five-story building and died while trying to escape from police in Qinhuangdao City on November 18th. Circumstantial details are unknown at this time. The 42-year-old resident of Cangzhou City, Hebei Province had been released only two years ago after spending 11 years in prison for practising Falun Gong. In June of this year, he filed a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin, holding the former head of the Chinese Communist Party responsible for his 11-year imprisonment and preceding 3-year term in a forced labour camp.
  • Zhang Jinku in Critical Condition from Torture, Family Renews Call for His Release

    Mr. Zhang Jinku has been tortured nearly to death multiple times because he refuses to give up his faith in Falun Gong. He is now serving a five year prison sentence that he was given following his latest arrest in 2013. Prison authorities refuse to grant him medical parole or provide proper in-house treatment despite repeated requests. His mother, wife, and daughter are renewing call for his immediate release.
  • Torture in Jilin Province Women's Prison

    "I am a Falun Gong practitioner from Changchun City. I was arrested on September 2nd, 2011, and sentenced to seven years in prison for practising Falun Gong. I have been beaten and tortured in many ways, such as “Tying with Ropes” and “Flying an Airplane.” After I went on a hunger strike to protest the inhuman treatment, I was brutally force-fed. It choked me once, and I almost died. They force-fed me twice per day for six months, which damaged the membranes of my nasal cavities and stomach. It resulted in a gastrointestinal disorder, organ failure, and constipation."
  • Traumatised Husband Dies, Wife Arrested and Tortured

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhang Shufen recounts her ordeal: "I was sent to Beijing Women’s Forced Labour Camp in 2008 for two years because I am a Falun Gong practitioner. My husband was left on his own and had a stroke. When I returned home in March 2010, he had another stroke and was no longer able to take care of himself. When practitioners started filing lawsuits against Jiang Zemin [former leader of China and instigator of the persecution], my husband wanted to participate because he had personally suffered as a result of the persecution when I was arrested and detained. However, before he was able to, he died suddenly."
  • 71-Year-Old Tortured in Labour Camp, Sentenced to Two Years in Prison

    Ms. Li Yu, 71, was sentenced to two years of imprisonment by the Xifeng District Court, and was informed of the verdict on September 11th, 2015. She appealed the sentence the next day. Ms. Li wrote in her appeal, “I'm a Falun Gong practitioner who lives by the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, because I wish to be a good person. I have never violated the law. Because I practise Falun Gong, I enjoy a healthy body ... I was sentenced because of fabricated evidence, as an outcome of the persecution of Falun Gong. Therefore, the sentence should be overturned.”
  • 70-Year-Old Woman's Spine Fractures in Detention—Family Not Allowed to Visit

    A spinal injury that 70-year-old Ms. Wan Fulan suffered while she was held in a detention centre has left her disabled. She is now being held in a prison hospital, and her family, who have not been informed of the extent of her injuries, have not been allowed to see her. Ms. Wan is now unable to take care of herself and is bedridden, according to her lawyer, who was allowed to see her briefly in the prison hospital on October 30th, 2015.
  • Woman Becomes 188th in Weifang to Die in Detention for Practising Falun Gong

    A woman from Weifang City, Shandong Province died November 12th in police custody, just one month after arrest for upholding her belief in Falun Gong, a peaceful spiritual practice persecuted by the Chinese Communist regime. Ms. Li Xiufen became the 188th Falun Gong practitioner from Weifang to die in detention since the persecution began 16 years ago.
  • Engineer Dies Suddenly During Wrongful Imprisonment for His Spiritual Belief

    Mr. Dong Hanjie, an engineer from Zhuozhou, Hebei Province, suddenly died during his five-year term at Jidong Prison for his spiritual belief in Falun Gong. He was 51. According to his lawyer, Mr. Dong appeared to be healthy when the lawyer visited him at the detention centre on August 16th, 2015. But Mr. Dong passed away on October 10th, 2015, shortly after he was transferred to Jidong Prison, a place notorious for its brutality toward Falun Gong practitioners. Prison officials told Mr. Dong's family that he died from a sudden heart attack. His family suspects that torture in the prison was the main reason for his death. Mr. Dong was arrested five times, and sentenced to prison and forced labour camps for a total of ten years. He was tortured to the verge of death several times.