Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • 15 Years of Persecution Claims Accomplished Chef

    Ms. Qu Wei, an accomplished chef, died on August 26th, 2014 at the Jinzhou No. 1 Hospital, five days after being admitted. She had been repeatedly arrested, detained and tortured for her belief in Falun Gong, including a year at the notorious Masanjia Forced Labour Camp around 2011. She never recovered her health after her most recent detention in August 2013.
  • Ms. Xu Huidi Died A Month After Her Arrest

    Ms. Xu Huidi died on June 23rd, 2014, a month after being arrested on May 20th. She had been detained at the Shenyang No. 1 Detention Centre. The detention centre claimed that she died of a heart attack. Her family demanded an explanation, as they were not aware of Ms. Xu having any health issues prior to her arrest.
  • Mr. Li Chunzheng Died the Day After His Release

    Mr. Li Chunzheng died on March 31st, a day after he was released. Local authorities demanded that his body be cremated within three days. Mr. Li's entire body was swollen, and his ankles had deep dents. His nasal and mouth had a lot of blood clots. His right elbow had a green bump. Many purple dots covered his chest. He was emaciated and could barely move. His family asked for his diagnosis and medical records, but the hospital staff refused to provide any.
  • Mr. Liu Liyan from Hunan Province Passes Away in Hospital from Torture-Inflicted Wounds

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Liyan died in Changsha No. 2 Affiliated Hospital, Hunan Province, on June 13th, 2014. He was taken to the hospital from Xiangtan County Detention Centre, where it appears he was tortured to the brink of death. His family demanded an autopsy that revealed bruises, bleeding in the brain and injury to his internal organs.
  • Wrongfully Sentenced to Seven Years After Six Years of Forced Labour

    Ms. Yan Xiling, 56, from Qingzhou City, Shandong Province, spent six years in a forced labour camp. She was recently secretly sentenced to seven years and is now in custody in the Jinan Women's Jail. Previously, in Wangcun Women's Forced Labour Camp Ms. Yan was forced to watch videos and listen to recordings defaming and attacking Falun Gong. She was not allowed to sleep or take a shower. She had to stand until her feet were badly swollen. For over ten days, she was not allowed to sleep.
  • Elderly Woman Badly Beaten by Township Secretary in Hebei Province

    Although Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Gao Binglan, over 70 years old, benefited from practising Falun Gong, township officials severely beat her for talking to people about Falun Gong. Ms. Gao tried to let people know the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. On December 31st, 2013, she posted banners in a neighbouring village. Someone saw Ms. Gao and reported her activities to an official and she was persecuted.
  • Police Taking Blood Samples and Fingerprints of Practitioners

    Organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners has been publicized for over ten years, with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) regime still denying that such activities take place. However, signs that this atrocity is still going on have come to light and are being shared with the world. For example, police have gone to practitioners' homes, drawn blood and taken their fingerprints against their will without giving any reason. Even an 80-year-old practitioner was not spared.
  • Jinan Government Monitors People Through "Electronic Eyes”

    "Electronic Eyes,” in the form of electronic surveillance cameras, are widely used in China today, violating personal privacy. Prior to the 2014 New Year, a large number of banners that exposed the wrongdoing of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) were displayed in every suburb of Jinan City, Shandong Province. According to an insider, the Shandong Province 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) declared it as a major case, and surveillance cameras recorded people hanging banners in seventeen places in Jinan City leading to the arrest of Falun Gong practitioners.
  • Police Extort Funds from Practitioners' Families

    The Shenzhou police recently arrested two practitioners, Ms. Xue Xuewen, 69, and Ms. Meng Lingshang, 59, and extorted funds from the practitioners' families, threatening that the women would be sentenced if money didn't change hands. The two women were taken to the Hengshui Detention Centre. After several rounds of negotiation, Ms. Xie's family paid about 10,000 yuan to have her released. She was let go on August 8th. Although Ms. Meng's family reportedly paid several thousand yuan, the police said it wasn't enough, so they didn't release her.
  • Falun Gong Practitioners Locked Up in Mental Hospitals

    Like many other mental hospitals in China, the Minkang Hospital and Beigu Hospital in Suining City, Sichuan Province were renovated to be used by the government to detain and persecute Falun Gong practitioners who are perfectly normal, healthy, and sane. In these hospitals practitioners are forcibly injected with drugs that damage the central nervous system and cause long-term mental and physical disabilities, including the inability to speak, disorientation, etc.
  • On the Verge of Death Multiple Times – Ms. Liu Zhi's Personal Account of Persecution (Part 3)

    Prison guard captain Liu Jie sent me to Liaoning Women's Prison's hospital ward on January 13th, 2012. She cursed me again, “You will lead the most painful life here.” Liu didn't get her bonus at the end of 2011, because I refused to “transform” [forcibly renounce Falun Gong]. Starting from December 14th, 2012, I noticed strange additions in my food. My drinking water also smelled like medicine. Even the food that my daughter brought for me tasted strange. On January 2nd, 2013, I had difficulty breathing again.
  • On the Verge of Death Multiple Times – Ms. Liu Zhi's Personal Account of Persecution (Part 2)

    Upon my arrival at Liaoning Women's Prison, prison guard captain Liu Jie assigned me to rack torture for a week. My arms and legs were bound to four corners of a metal bed. There was no mattress on the bed, just a wooden board. I was tied in this position all week, 24 hours a day. I couldn't see my feet, but my hands were black and blue. The skin around my tailbone was ground open from my restricted movements. I experienced multiple spasms that week.
  • On the Verge of Death Multiple Times – Ms. Liu Zhi's Personal Account of Persecution (Part 1)

    Ms. Liu Zhi, a 51-year-old Shenyang resident, has been tortured to the verge of death multiple times since 2010, simply for practising Falun Gong. Within half a year of detention in Liaoning Women's Prison starting in July 2011, Ms. Liu was tortured to the point of immobility. However, the prison denied her application for medical parole, citing that she had not given up her beliefs.
  • Torture Methods: How Guards Torture Practitioners With Their Bare Hands

    Beatings are one of the most common forms of torture inside China's prisons. Guards often beat Falun Gong practitioners, attempting to force them into giving up their beliefs. To deprive Mr. Ding Lihong of sleep, guards at Shijiazhuang Brainwashing Centre hit his head with anything they could find, beat his legs, twisted his ears, and pulled his eyelids. In particular, guard Zhao Juyong pinched his eyeballs and gouged his eyes. Within nine months Mr. Ding died due to mistreatment.
  • Mr. Zhang Guoli Force-Fed with Harmful Hallucinogens

    Mr. Zhang Guoli, a Falun Gong practitioner recently imprisoned in China, says that he was force-fed a mixture of chilli powder, pepper powder and hallucinogens at the Dalian Detention Centre. He showed symptoms of kidney failure and was taken to the 210 Hospital in Dalian for emergency care. He is now in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Zhongxin Hospital.