Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • Mr. Zhang Chunfeng Tortured to Death Nine Years Ago

    Mr. Zhang Chunfeng was subjected to many torture methods and died nine years ago at the age of 40. In 2001 he was arrested for distributing Falun Gong lectures to other practitioners and sentenced to two years of forced labour in Nanhu Forced Labour Camp. Mr. Zhang was tortured as he refused to give up his belief. The camp guards continually shocked his face, neck and other body parts with electric batons. The inmates beat Mr. Zhang, poked his body numerous times with needles, and burned him with cigarette butts. Mr. Zhang was forced to do hard labour for long periods of time.
  • Ms. Ma Xiaoshun from Guiyang City Sentenced to Nine Years in Prison

    Ms. Ma Xiaoshun from Guiyang City was secretly sentenced to nine years in prison on November 23rd. She is currently being held in Guizhou Province Women's Prison. Ms. Ma was arrested on November 3rd. She has been on a hunger strike since she was arrested. She developed high blood pressure, kidney stones, organ failure, and insufficient blood supply. Because of her poor physical condition, she was sent to the Fengguang County People's Hospital on November 15th for medical treatment.
  • Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Court Officials Deprive Mr. Sun Yi's Family of the Right to Attend His Trial and Sentence Him to Three Years in Prison

    Fucheng District Court officials in Mianyang City, Sichuan Province, put Mr. Sun Yi on trial on November 28th without informing his family and sentenced him to three years in prison. After Mr. Sun's family learned this, they contacted Judge Wang Chen, who claimed that the court didn't have to inform the family of an adult before his trial.
  • Ms. Liu Yuqin from Yichun, Heilongjiang Province Facing a Sentence

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Yuqin is being detained in the Yichun Detention Centre and is facing a sentence. Ms. Liu was detained by the Meixi District Police Department six or seven years ago. Because she had severe symptoms of illness, she was released on bail for medical treatment (after the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) personnel extorted 20,000 yuan from her family). In order to evade harassment from the police, Ms. Liu became homeless and left her hometown. She was arrested again and taken to the police station on November 15th.
  • A Chinese Village Stands Up for Falun Gong

    Villagers in China have defied communist authorities by calling for the release from jail of their friend, Zhou Xiangyang. And the guards and inmates who applied the “floor anchor” torture to him in Gangbei Prison should be investigated and dealt with according to the law, they wrote. It is a rare set of circumstances: A young married couple who practises Falun Gong is imprisoned in re-education centres in China and thousands of Chinese have stood up to defend them, challenging the regime on one of the most sensitive political issues to the Communist Party by petitioning for their release.
  • Six Months after the Arrest of a Patent Lawyer, His Family Finally Received the Detention Warrant

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Xiong Weiming, a patent lawyer from Wuhan, was arrested on April 22nd, 2011. His family questioned a number of governmental agencies regarding his whereabouts for six months without getting a response. On October 25th, six months after Mr. Xiong’s arrest, two officers from the Wuhan Police Bureau's First Division delivered the detention warrant to his parents' home. The police told his parents that Mr. Xiong had been transferred to the Wuhan Number Two Detention Centre on October 24th. Mr. Xiong’s family asked the police why it took six months to deliver the detention warrant. They wanted to know if this was legal under existing Chinese law, The officers were annoyed and said, “Why do you have to ask?”
  • Baochang Town Brainwashing Centre in Xilin Gol League, Inner Mongolia Arrests and Persecutes Innocent Citizens

    Practitioners Ms. Ren Huizhen, Ms. Lian Guiqin were arrested and taken to a brainwashing centre in Baochang Town. Ms. Guan Yujie, in her 40s and a teacher at the Baochang County No.2 Elementary School, was also taken to this brainwashing centre on November 13th. About 20 practitioners are currently held in the Baochang Brainwashing Centre. Two practitioners share one room, with several former practitioners who have given up Falun Gong and a teacher to conduct brainwashing.
  • Heizuizi Forced Labour Camp in Changchun City Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners

    On June 14th, 2011, practitioner Ms. Li Xiuhong started a hunger strike in Heizuizi Forced Labour Camp to protest the persecution. Division head Liu Yinghui dragged her out and sent her to the Changchun City Police Hospital on September 1st. During the two weeks that Ms. Li was hospitalised, she was tied to a bed, injected with unknown substances and force-fed. After she was taken back to the labour camp, she was force-fed two to three times a day. She has been on a hunger strike for more than five months.
  • Heilongjiang Province Wuchang Brainwashing Centre Has Tortured More Than 400 Practitioners

    Since 2000, the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong), under the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) regime of Jiang Zemin, [former leader of China and instigator of the persecution], has been planning, opening, and operating brainwashing centres all over China. These centres are given names like “Law System School” or “Law System Study Class,” but they actually are illegally operating prisons, hidden from public view, where lies and violence are used to persecute innocent Falun Gong practitioners. The Wuchang Brainwashing Centre in Heilongjiang Province is one of them. From 2000 to the present, more than 400 practitioners have been persecuted in the Wuchang Brainwashing Centre.
  • Li Shengyu from Yangjiang Was Violently Arrested

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Li Shengyu was violently arrested at home by several police officers and the Xitou Town Residential Committee on November 1st. The officers did not show a warrant and broke into his home. The officers searched the house for anything of value. They stole two printers, a computer, a laptop, Falun Gong books and materials, and about 700 yuan in cash. When his sisters arrived at his home the police had already tied up Mr. Li’s hands and feet with a rope, and he could not move or sit. One of Mr. Li’s eyes was hurt and bleeding, and had not been treated. When the sisters asked why the police why they were arresting and beating their brother, the officers threatened them and told them not to ask, otherwise, they would be arrested, too.
  • Police Detain Innocent People, Let Real Criminals Go Free

    When Ms. Han Xinlin was attacked by a thug in June 2010, the police officer arrested Ms. Han and took her to the Qinghuangdao Second Detention Centre! The officer let the criminal go free instead of protecting the victim. After 13 days of detention, Ms. Han was transferred to Kaiping Forced Labour Camp in Tangshan. She suffered brutal persecution in the camp.
  • Seven Practitioners in Chizhou City, Anhui Province Sentenced to Imprisonment

    Seven practitioners were held more than six months before they were secretly tried and sentenced to imprisonment on November 30th. Mr. Yu Zhiwu, 54, was arrested on May 15th at his home. The police took away his computer, DVDs exposing the persecution of Falun Gong and Falun Gong books. He was held for more than six months before being sentenced to three and a half years of imprisonment.
  • The Police at Guangyuan Jail in Sichuan Province Instigated Prisoners to Viciously Torture Falun Gong Practitioners

    For the past seven years, not a single day has gone by without practitioners being tortured in Guangyuan Jail. In March 2009, instigated by Officer Li Senquan three criminal prisoners locked practitioner Mr. Ran Tongyi, who was over 60 years old, into a small room. The prisoners shut the windows tightly before they did so-called “transforming education,” pressuring Mr. Ran to write the three statements to give up following Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Mr. Ran kept telling them about the beauty of Falun Gong. These people slapped him in the face several times and later punched and kicked him. They also pulled his hands, legs, and neck. As a result, he was on the verge of death.
  • Chengdu City Government Official Huang Qiang on the Verge of Death at Xinjin County Brainwashing Centre

    Huang Qiang is a Falun Gong practitioner from Chengdu City. When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) central government released a blacklist of key practitioners at all levels of local government to be targeted for persecution, Mr. Huang was on the list. He was arrested in July this year and taken to a brainwashing centre. He is currently on the verge of death as a result of abuse suffered while in detention. Last year, as Mr. Huang Qiang was distributing Falun Gong DVDs, he was arrested, detained and tortured by the local authorities. As a direct result of a savage beating, his gallbladder failed. After he underwent surgery, the authorities released him.
  • Two Practitioners in Their 60s from the Zhongyuan Oil Field in Puyang City, Henan Province Arrested and Detained

    610 Office agents (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) in Puyang City, Henan Province broke into six practitioners' homes on November 30th. They ransacked the houses and took away the practitioners' computers, printers, Falun Gong books and other personal belongings. Two practitioners in their 60s were taken to the Puyang City Detention Centre.