Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • Employee of Liaohe Oil Field in Critical Condition After Being Tortured in Liaoning Women's Prison

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Hu Zhehui is in critical condition after being tortured in Liaoning Women's Prison. She is 5'5” tall and now weighs only 88 lbs. To avoid persecution from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), Ms. Hu had to leave her home. On August 3rd, 2005, she returned home to visit her daughter, but she was followed and arrested. The officers severely beat and tortured her using many torture devices. When she went on a hunger strike to protest her arrest, she was brutally force-fed. She was stretched and bound all day for 39 days, and was unable to move her arms or legs. She was on the verge of death after the long-term torture.
  • A Xiangyang Court Claims, “The Falun Gong Practitioner Will Be Sentenced Even If His Attorney Wins the Case”

    On August 12th, several elementary school students tried to sell newspapers to Mr. Zhao Guojiang. Mr. Zhao gave one of the students a Falun Gong DVD, and the student reported Mr. Zhao to a patrolling policeman. The policeman took Mr. Zhao to the Renminlu Police Station. The police found some Falun Gong DVDs in Mr. Zhao's bag and transferred him to the Fancheng Administration Detention Centre. On August 14th, when his detention term was about to end, Mr. Zhao was transferred to the Fangcheng Second Detention Centre. The Fancheng District Procuratorates issued a summons against Mr. Zhao. When Mr. Zhao's family told Judge Feng that they had already hired an attorney, Judge Feng said Mr. Zhao would be sentenced even if the attorney won the case, that it was no use hiring an attorney, that it was just wasted money.
  • 39-Year-Old Mr. Li Shangrong Dies after Ten Years of Imprisonment

    Shenyang City Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Li Shangrong was arrested in December 2000 and sentenced to ten years in prison. After ten years of imprisonment, he was emaciated when he returned home. He recounted: "During a physical examination, it was discovered that there were cavities in my lungs. Because I resisted the so-called “transformation” [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] carried out by the prison, my family was not allowed to visit me during 2009-2010. I had a constant fever, and my weight dropped from 194 pounds in 2000 to 115 pounds when I was released.” He passed away on December 30th.
  • Mr. Liu Guifu, 61, from Heilongjiang Province Arrested Again after Being Imprisoned for Six Years

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Guifu, 61, was arrested while doing work on the farm on September 5th, and taken to a detention centre by police. This occurred during the autumn harvest season. The family has requested the release of Mr. Liu multiple times but has been rejected. In 2003 Mr. Liu was detained in the Fangzheng County Second Detention Centre for six months, then was transferred to Daqing Prison in April 2004, where he was tortured, forced to sit on steel channels and steel ingots, deprived of sleep, and forced to stand on cold floor tiles. Wooden boards were used to beat him, and blood came through his trousers. One blister on his hip was as big as an egg yolk.
  • Five Family Members from Jilin Province Suffer Repeat Persecution and a Death

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liang Xiuzhen and her family have been repeatedly persecuted for 12 years. One of them died due to torture, and five of them were subjected to forced labour or sentenced to jail eight times. She recounts her experience: "In 2002, officer Jiang Jinglao gave orders for me to be given an injection of unknown drugs that affected my nervous system, causing me to walk abnormally with pain in my left leg for over nine years...My son-in-law was arrested in 2004 for printing materials exposing the persecution of Falun Gong. He was sentenced to ten years and incarcerated at Kongzhuling Prison. He was brutally tortured in the prison and died on September 15th, 2010."
  • Chengdu Woman Arrested for Praising Falun Gong

    On October 31st, two plainclothes police arrested Falun Gong practitioner Li Xiuying in her shop and took her to the police station. They arrested her for telling her relatives the truth about Falun Gong. Currently, Ms. Li is being detained at the Mianyang detention centre. Her daughter said: "In March 2008, my mother suffered a heart attack. She was having difficulty breathing and came close to losing her life. She suddenly remembered that a friend had told her to say “Falun Gong is good! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good!” After saying this, she slowly regained her breath. Afterward, she often exclaimed, “When I was near death, Falun Gong saved my life!”"
  • Hebei Women's Prison Using Inmates to Conduct Brutal Force-Feedings on Falun Gong Practitioners

    Hebei Women's Prison inmate Zhang Jianru was ordered by prison guards to conduct force-feedings on Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Ku Jinge in 2007. She forcefully squeezed Ms. Ku’s trachea, restricting her normal breathing. She also used pieces of paper to cover and seal her mouth. After she administered a force-feeding, she yanked out the feeding tube, causing Ms. Ku to vomit. Zhang collected the vomit with a container three times, and attempted to force-feed it back to her. She stopped only after the prison guard didn’t want to see it.
  • Many Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested in Beijing by Officers Switching off Electricity Supply

    Around 7:00 p.m. on November 17th, many Beijing practitioners were arrested. To lure the practitioners outside, the officers switched off their electricity. At this time we know that seven practitioners were arrested and their homes ransacked. Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Hou Yongchun was taken to a detention centre. However, he was not accepted by the detention centre because of high blood pressure. The police released him and he has returned home.
  • Sentenced to Forced Labour and Prison in the Past, Mr. Liu Ruxing, 60, from Longxi County, Gansu Province, Passed Away

    Sixty-year-old Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Ruxing was from Longxi County, Gansu Province. Due to the long-term persecution by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), he passed away at home on December 25th. Mr. Liu was sentenced to forced labour camp for two years and sentenced to three years of imprisonment.
  • The Forced Labour Persecution behind the “Jin-long-yu” (Gold Dragon Fish) Brand

    “Jin-Long-Yu” is a brand of cooking oil commonly seen in grocery stores and supermarkets in China. People barely notice the small tag hanging around the bottle's neck, and it's more unlikely that they would know that the knots were tied manually by inmates and Falun Gong practitioners in Shanghai Women’s Prison. Over the years, the target quota for each person went from tying 300 knots an hour to 650, which is equal to 5200 knots every day based on eight working hours a day. The strings are coarse, so the skin on the knot tier's fingers peels off after rubbing the strings repeatedly. This is especially true in winter time, when it’s cold and dry.
  • Mr. Kou Chuangjin's Attorney Pleads Not Guilty in Second Hearing

    On December 1st, the Xifeng District Court in Qingyang City, Gansu Province held a second hearing of the charges brought against 60-year-old Mr. Kou Chuangiin. Mr. Kou's attorney, brought in to defend him, pleaded not guilty on his behalf. All of those present in the courtroom were thus provided with an opportunity to learn about both the goodness of Falun Gong, and about the brutal truth of the persecution that Falun Gong adherents face under China's communist regime.
  • Ms. Wei Mingzhen Unable to Care for Herself After Being Tortured in Liaoning Women's Prison

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wei Mingzhen, 55, was arrested on May 20th, 2007. She was beaten severely and detained for over five months. She was sentenced to three years in prison and was taken to the Liaoning Province Women's Prison on November 8th, 2007. Ms. Wei is currently unable to care for herself after being tortured in prison.
  • Retired Official Tong Ruiqing and His Family Persecuted by Nanle 610 Office in Henan Province

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Tong Ruiqing, a retired official from Handan City in Hebei Province, was sentenced to one year of forced labour. He has been detained for nearly three months at Nanle County Detention Centre in Henan Province. On October 20th, officers from the Nanle County Police Department and agents from the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) submitted his case to the Nanle County Procuratorate again in an attempt to persecute him further.
  • Falun Gong Practitioners Endangered in Sanshengmiao Brainwashing Centre in Sichuan Province

    On the night of September 7th, police stormed into the home of Falun Gong practitioner Tan Chunmin. They beat her and then arrested her and took her to the Sanshengmiao Brainwashing Centre. While in the brainwashing centre, Tan Chunmin sat with her legs crossed in the lotus position and was therefore brutally tortured by guard Liao. He even broke her bed in the process. Liao threatened Ms. Tan, “If you sit in the lotus position again, I will sting you with nettles and pour pepper juice over you.” Personnel in the brainwashing centre also brutally forced-fed Ms. Tan and put toxins in her food, which severely damaged her health.
  • 62-Year-Old Ms. Jiang Jingping Dies as a Result of Injuries Sustained Through Torture in a Heilongjiang Province Forced Labour Camp

    Ms. Jiang Jingping was tortured both mentally and physically for one year in the Heilongjiang Province Women Drug Rehabilitation Centre, a labour camp in Harbin City. After returning and being at home for only one month, she died as a result of the torture she suffered in the forced labour camp on November 30th, aged 62.