Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • A Most Devastating Cover-Up: The 17-Year Persecution of Falun Gong and Forced Organ Harvesting

    Because of the tight censorship of the communist regime in China, the persecution of Falun Gong, particularly the crime of forced organ harvesting from these prisoners of conscience, has become one of the most tragic cover-ups by the Chinese communist regime.
  • Newsweek Reports on China's Organ Harvesting from Political Prisoners

    The World edition of Newsweek online carried a report titled “Is China Still Harvesting Organs From Its Political Prisoners?” by Jessica Firger on June 15th, 2016. This article reported that U.S. House Resolution 343, which passed unanimously on the evening of June 13th, 2016, calls on China's communist regime to immediately stop forced organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners and other prisoners of conscience.
  • Imprisoned Shanxi Doctor Suddenly Dies, Leaving Many Questions Unanswered

    Mr. Wang Jigui from Yangquan City sounded upbeat and healthy when he called his family from Jinzhong Prison on May 26th of this year. Five days later he was rushed to a hospital and died on June 2nd. Mr. Wang, a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine, was serving three years for distributing information exposing the persecution of Falun Gong. The family noticed bruises on his chest and the right side of his neck. A doctor replied that it was a result of chest compression during resuscitation.
  • Younger Brother Tortured to Death, Older Brother Detained and Tortured

    Mr. Yu Chunbo, a farmer, is suing former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong that resulted in his detention in a forced labour camp. His younger bother, Mr. Yu Chunhai, was tortured to death at the age of 32 in a labour camp because he refused to give up his faith at the demands of the communist authorities.
  • Ms. Wang Jingjie Brutally Tortured During Three-Year Imprisonment

    Ms. Wang Jingjie is a Falun Gong practitioner from Heilongjiang Province. She was arrested on December 10th, 2012, and was sentenced to three years in prison. While she was detained in Heilongjiang Women's Prison, she suffered brutal torture such as solitary confinement, beatings and being pierced with needles. She was once near death after being tied up with tape and suffocated. She survived and was finally released.
  • Minghui Report: 1,022 Arrested in May 2016 for Resisting Persecution of Falun Gong, One Dies Within Hours in Police Custody

    According to data compiled by Minghui.org, 1,022 Chinese citizens were arrested in May 2016 under the communist regime's persecution of Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline based on the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. One of the targeted Falun Gong practitioners died within hours of her arrest. Ms. Wang Xiuyun from Yuzhou City, Henan Province was seized from her home on May 13th. Later that night, she was dead. To date, the authorities have not given her family any explanation of her sudden death.
  • Man Dies during Police Raid, Family Pressured to Waive Legal Actions

    A 38-year-old man, Mr. Wang Xiao fell to his death during a police raid last December, and his family has been pressured to waive their rights to pursue legal action against the arresting officers. Mr. Wang Xiao and three other friends were visiting friends when the police closed in on them. The police had received a tip that the six residents were gathering to read Falun Gong books. According to witnesses, several dozen police officers rushed into the apartment building around 10 a.m. on December 5th. The next thing they saw was a person falling from a sixth-floor window. Before they could take a look, several plainclothes officers wrapped up the body and stuffed it into a police van.
  • Two Brothers Die in Police Custody Three Years Apart

    While a mother and father were still mourning the beating death of their older son, they were dealt another blow as their younger son died in police custody this April. Mr. Yang Zhonggeng was beaten to death in police custody on June 28th, 2013, just four days after his arrest for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. His body was covered with bruises. He was 38. Three years later – his younger brother Mr. Yang Zhongsheng died in custody within 11 days of his arrest for his faith in Falun Gong. He was also 38.
  • Older Husband Dies While Wife and Son Detained for Their Faith in Falun Gong

    A 66-year-old man from Shuangyashan City died without his family by his side. Mr. Wang Yanfan’s wife and son have been detained since October 2014 for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime.
  • Elderly Heilongjiang Woman Dies Five Months after Torture, Release on Medical Parole

    A 71-year-old woman from Harbin, Heilongjiang Province wasn’t released on medical parole until she fell into a coma. Ms. Yang Ruiqin was never able to recover from her torture-induced health problems. She died five months later, on May 24th, 2016. Ms. Yang was sentenced to three years in April 2014 for refusing to renounce Falun Gong.
  • Ms. Luo Chunfang Tortured, Force-Fed Unknown Drugs in Prison

    Ms. Luo Chunfang, a 50 year-old Falun Gong practitioner from Taihe County, was severely abused in prison because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong. In addition, she was also force-fed unknown drugs. Ms. Luo was arrested in May 2014. She was sentenced and incarcerated in Jiangxi Women's Prison. Another Falun Gong practitioner saw that Ms. Luo was hung up and fed unknown drugs on March 20th, 2016. One guard taped her mouth shut. Prison instructor Huang Liping slapped her face with a shoe. Guards put her in solitary confinement and deprived her of sleep for seven days. The inmates assigned to monitor her brushed her eyes harshly with a toothbrush as soon as she closed her eyes.
  • Forced Blood Drawing from Falun Gong Practitioners Continues in Guizhou Province

    Many Falun Gong practitioners in Guizhou Province have had blood samples drawn against their will since 2014. One police officer revealed that the directive to obtain blood samples was given by the Guizhou Province Public Security Bureau. Blood samples are to be secured from all those who practise or who have practised Falun Gong, in order to construct a DNA database.Many affected practitioners suspect that the database is being established to facilitate involuntary organ donations.
  • Shenyang Man, 78, Dies Three Months after Release on Medical Parole

    Seventy-eight-year-old Mr. Ning Enhao was arrested on August 3rd, 2015, while talking to people about Falun Gong in a public park. Detention centre guards then subjected him to various forms of abuse, and he soon developed serious health issues. The authorities, however, didn't release him for medical treatment until December 15th. He was unable to recover, and passed away on March 16th, 2016, merely 90 days later.
  • Jilin Man Dies of Torture-Induced Health Problems

    Mr. Zhu Haishan, 73, was never able to recover from his torture-induced health problems. He was arrested in July 2010 and sentenced to three and a half years. Guards at Shiling Prison slapped Mr. Zhu in the face, forced him to sit still on a small bench, and shocked his groin area with electric batons. The unrelenting abuse soon led to various health problems for him. He died on April 18th, 2016, two years and four months after his release from imprisonment for refusing to renounce Falun Gong.
  • Imprisoned Man Dies in Police Custody, Family Forced to Waive Right to Seek Justice for Him

    A 52-year-old man died mysteriously on the eve of the 2016 Chinese New Year, about one month after he was sentenced to seven years for refusing to renounce his faith in Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. Mr. Zhao Yongsheng was arrested in early 2015 and tried in mid-December without his family's knowledge. He was still being held at Jingchuan County Detention Centre when he passed away on February 7th.