Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • Persecution of Mr. Qi Shuangyuan in Jiamusi Prison

    On the evening of September 4th, 2008, practitioner Qi Shuangyuan was arrested by police when he was chatting with his family members and neighbours outside. He was sentenced to a six-year prison term on November 21st. He was put into Jiamusi Prison on January 20th, 2009. In March 2010, he started having convulsions and fell unconscious eight times.
  • Ms. Gao Yinglian Persecuted in Xindian Women's Forced Labour Camp in Shanxi Province

    In 2005, police arrested Ms. Gao Yinglian and sent her to a detention centre. Ten months later, she was taken to Xindian Women's Forced Labour Camp. During a physical examination Ms. Gao was found to have several illnesses. Camp officials not only refused to release her, they used a number of means to physically abuse and torture her. She was forced to perform hard labour during the day, stand in strenuous positions for long periods of time, and watch TV programmes that slandered Falun Gong. She was forbidden to sleep at times or was only allowed minimal sleep at night. When Ms. Gao refused to write a guarantee statement to stop practising Falun Gong, the guards left her outside, exposing her to the burning sun, and made her run for long periods of time. She lost consciousness twice.
  • Why Would Anyone Want to “Reform” Such a Great Student?

    Student Falun Gong practitioner Yi Song was arrested by police and the security section of Changzhou University on March 22nd. Every day, at least four police officers monitor him around the clock. Moreover, the leaders, teachers, and students of Changzhou University have been told to talk to Yi Song to try to persuade him to give up practising Falun Gong. Yi Song's mother pleaded with the head of the local 610 Office, Ji Liming, to allow her to see her son. She said, “You are also a father, so you can understand how I long to see my son. If I can have just one glimpse of him, my mind will be at ease. Please!” Ji Liming said, “No way! I am a representative of the Chinese Communist Party. I am not talking to you as a father. Forget it!”
  • Falun Gong Practitioners Injected with Unknown Drugs at the Banqiao Forced Labour Camp in Tianjin

    When guards in Banqiao Women's Forced Labour Camp attempted to force Falun Gong practitioners to renounce their faith, they openly threatened practitioners by shouting: “Not going along with being "transformed" [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] will result in you being tortured until you have mental disorders.” Practitioner Ms. Zhao Dewen, 52, was arrested by local police at her home in early 2001, and sentenced to one year of forced labour. She suffered severe persecution at the Banqiao Forced Labour Camp. She was brutally tortured by the guards after being force-fed sex hormones, resulting in severe bleeding. She died at the labour camp on June 3rd, 2003.
  • Ms. Zeng Xianmei Persecuted for 11 Years

    Ms. Zeng Xianmei was arrested by police on March 22nd. She has been persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials for her belief in Falun Gong for over 11 years. Her current whereabouts are unknown. On April 14th, Ms. Zeng's husband, younger brother and two younger sisters travelled to Wuhan Public Security Bureau to demand her release. Officials confirmed that Ms. Zeng was being detained in a brainwashing centre in Wuhan but refused to disclose which centre. They told the family that Ms. Zeng was detained to be “transformed” [forcibly renounce Falun Gong].
  • Ms. Wang Jinrong Recounts Torture by Officers from the Chifeng City Domestic Security Division

    During a trip to a copy shop to copy Falun Gong lectures on June 1st, 2001, I was arrested by officials from the Domestic Security Division in Chifeng City, Neimenggu Autonomous Region. The police ransacked my home and then put me in a remote beat-up warehouse. There, for four days and three nights, I was severely tortured as they tried to coerce me into giving "confessions." The skin on my wrists was bruised and lacerated, which caused my wrist bones to be exposed for over six months. More than ten people participated in the torture session.
  • Ms. Bi's Family Torn Apart by Persecution

    When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20th, 1999, Ms. Bi was arrested in June 2002 while she was on the way to her mother's home. She was sent to Wangcun Forced Labour Camp in Zibo City two months later. Her husband Mr. Zheng, also a practitioner, then had to take care of his 80-year-old mother and 12-year-old daughter by himself. When Ms. Bi was sentenced, Mr. Zheng's health started to deteriorate and he felt a tremendous pressure in his head. He couldn't see properly to read and had trouble using his limbs. He passed away in April 2004.
  • Recent Torture of Falun Gong Practitioners in Siping Prison, Jilin Province

    On November 15th, 2010, four police officers tortured Practitioner Xu Hongwei with four high-voltage electric batons simultaneously, for an extended period (the electric batons are called “Big Storm” and cause severe injury). If the torture continues for 20 minutes, it may damage internal organs and cause severe chest pain. After the torture, the burned skin on Mr. Xu's neck fell off. Following this brutal torture, officer Li Zhiqiang claimed that Mr. Xu was pretending to be sick, and he was forced to work.
  • Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Wang Hao from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, Was Arrested Six Times and Sentenced to Forced Labour Twice

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang Hao lives in Wuhan City. During the 12-year-long persecution of Falun Gong, he was incarcerated six times and sentenced to forced labour twice—once in 2002 and again in 2005. In Hewan Forced Labour Camp Mr. Wang was tortured in many different ways. He was forced to stand for long periods of time, locked up in a small cell, brainwashed, and forced to do hard labour. He was forced to stand up for three, seven, and nine consecutive days without sleeping. As a result he began having illusions, high fever, and urinated blood. His bowels stopped working, his legs were swollen, and his feet were infected and leaked yellow fluid.
  • Farmer from Fushun City, Liaoning Province, Brutalised by Police and Labour Camp Guards

    Ms. Liu Yanqin is a farmer in her 50s from Fushun City, Liaoning Province. Because she has remained steadfast in practising Falun Gong, the police have arrested and sentenced her to forced labour education several times during the past ten plus years. By the time she finished her two-year-term in Masanjia Forced Labour Camp on July 13th, 2010, she was beyond recognition. Her once lustrous black hair had turned grey and her weight had dropped to less than 90 pounds. Her son came to pick her up from the forced labour camp, and, as soon as he saw her, he began sobbing. Due to the torture, she still cannot bend her fingers or do strenuous labour. Her limbs remain numb.
  • Practitioners Brutally Persecuted in Wanjia Forced Labour Camp

    I have been persecuted many times since Jiang Zemin's, [former leader of China and instigator of the persecution] regime started persecuting Falun Gong in 1999. I was detained twice and sent to forced labour camps twice, and both my body and mind have been greatly injured. In Wanjia Forced Labour Camp practitioners were forced to watch videos slandering Falun Gong and write statements to renounce practising Falun Gong. A dozen collaborators (former practitioners, brainwashed against Falun Gong, made to assist in brainwashing and torturing practitioners) tried to “transform” [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] me from dawn to midnight every day. They threw me into solitary confinement, cuffed my hands behind my back, and hung me up with a rope from the ceiling.
  • Persecution Suffered by Physicians Who Believe in Truthfulness, Benevolence, Forbearance

    Dr. Shen Yueping was a physician at Yuxi Women and Children's Hospital. In October of 2000, Dr. Shen went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. She was sentenced to three years at a forced labour camp. She was later sentenced to five years in prison, and spent three years of the term in a small cell in Yunnan Women's Second Prison. During that time, she was not allowed to shower or change her clothes. She had no freedom and was told when to stand, sit, or think. She could be beaten and stabbed with needles at any time. Sometimes even her food was mixed with drugs that could damage her nervous system. In May 2009, Dr. Shen's family received a “release for medical treatment” notice. By that time, her lungs were already severely perforated and she was dying. Dr. Shen passed away on July 16th, 2009. She was only forty-nine years old.
  • Cases of Sleep Deprivation Being Used as a Means of Persecuting Falun Gong (Part 2)

    Ms. Liu Deqing, in her 60s, a doctor at the Hailun Health Hospital, Heilongjiang, was persecuted in the Heilongjiang Women's Prison. She recalled, “The guards did not let me sleep for more than ten days. If I tried to sleep, they would use a toothpick and stab me, or beat me with a stick or brush, and they grabbed my hair and smash me up against a wall. I was also kicked and refused use the toilet. If I urinated on the floor, I had to use a cloth to wipe it up.”
  • Three Falun Gong Practitioners Tortured in Jinan City Mental Hospital

    Ms. Li Wenli, Ms. Huang Min and Ms. Miao Peihua are currently held in the Jinan City Mental Hospital in Shandong Province. They have been subjected to psychiatric torture and injected with drugs that cause mental instability. After Ms. Huang Min was released from a forced labour camp in October 2007, she was immediately arrested again and sent to the Lashan Mental Hospital of Jinan City. During her detention of over one year, she was severely tortured and received forced injections and medicine. She had been electrically shocked many times, and other people in the hospital heard her screaming due to the pain from the torture. In February 2011, she was sent to the Jinan City Mental Hospital by her husband and brother, who had been deceived by the Chinese Communist Party's propaganda against Falun Gong into believing that she was mentally ill.
  • Staff at Daxing Women's Prison in Beijing Try to Cover Up Ms. Geng Jin'e's Death

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Geng Jin'e was tortured to death in Daxing Women's Prison on June 10th, 2010. After Ms. Geng Jin'e died, Liu Yingchun, the director of Fourth Ward, held a mandatory meeting with the staff and Ms. Geng's cellmates. Liu told them how to talk about Ms. Geng's case, and what should or should not be said. The guards even demanded that others pretend that the guards had tried to rescue Geng Jin'e. The next day, when a Procuratorate official arrived to investigate Ms. Geng's case, no one dared to tell the truth. At one point, a Falun Gong practitioner simply said, "Ms. Geng was treated badly," and Liu Yingchun severely reprimanded her.