Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • Older Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Liu Zhi in Critical Condition from Torture at Liaoning Province Women's Prison

    Ms. Liu Zhi, a Falun Gong practitioner from Shenyang City, Liaoning Province was arrested on July 12th, 2011, taken to Liaoning Province Women's Prison and tortured. Her physical condition is deteriorating. She is emaciated, suffers from fecal incontinence, lost her clear speaking ability and is paralyzed. Warden Xu Min refused to release her, claiming “Ms. Liu Zhi does not transform [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] or acknowledge her crime.” Family members have been worrying about Ms. Liu Zhi's safety, and demand her release. There have been two deaths from torture of women practitioners at Liaoning Province Women's Prison.
  • Mr. Lin Zehua Paralysed for Three Years; Jiamusi Prison Refuses to Release Him

    On January 13th, 2012, Mr. Lin Zehua's family went to the Jiamusi Prison to visit him. An inmate carried him on his back, since Mr. Lin had become paralysed as a result of being persecuted in 2008, while incarcerated. Mr. Lin's state of mind was not good. He was also very weak and didn't have much energy to talk. During the visit, he had to hold onto a metal bar to stay upright and his face often showed an expression of agony. As the family was only allowed ten minutes for the visit, they had not yet finished their conversation when the phone was hung up.
  • Engineer Ms. Huang Jiazhen from Hunchun City Forestry Bureau in Jilin Province Secretly Detained in a Remote Location after Being Sentenced to Four Years

    Ms. Huang Jiazhen was recently sentenced to four years in prison. She is currently detained at the former Wangqing County Forestry Bureau Detention Centre. On December 10th, 2011 Ms. Huang was tried in Hunchun Court. She had been detained for nearly half a year. The court deliberately delayed releasing information regarding the trial, causing her family to arrive late to the trial and effectively preventing them from speaking out on her behalf and defending her. No verdict was announced when the trial ended, but without further hearings or other legal proceedings, the court sentenced her to four years in prison. It was reported that for Falun Gong practitioners' trials, the verdicts had already been decided by the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong).
  • Ms. Zheng Muzhi from Helong City, Jilin Province, Sentenced to Four and a Half Years in Prison

    On January 4th, 2011, police officers arrested Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zheng Muzhi outside of the building where her elder brother lives. Later, she was sentenced by the Helong Court to four and a half years in prison. She is currently incarcerated in Changchun Prison. In 2006, Ms. Zheng was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labour and taken to the notorious Heizuizi Women's Forced Labour Camp of Jilin Province. While in the labour camp, Ms. Zheng refused to cooperate with the officials, so they tied her to the death bed for eight days.
  • Mr. Zhang Tao from Jingyuan County Subjected to Severe Physical Abuse in Lanzhou Prison

    Mr. Zhang Tao was sentenced to 7 years in prison in 2010. He is currently held in Lanzhou Prison in Gansu Province. In July 2010, Ward No. 8 team leader Duan Xiaolu instigated criminal inmates to physically abuse Mr. Zhang. They beat him so severely that Mr. Zhang was unable to get out of bed; his ribs were nearly broken. He was later placed in solitary confinement, where inmates monitored, physically abused and mistreated him around the clock.
  • Ms. Song Caihong Dies After Severe Beating in Detention

    Ms. Song Caihong, 41, was a beautiful, vivacious young woman. She was arrested in December 2011 for giving people Falun Gong calendars. Zhang Junfeng, director of the Huludao City Detention Centre, beat Ms. Song severely over a period of approximately ten days in detention because she refused to tell them her name, but only cried out, “Falun Gong is good!” On January 8th, 2012, Ms. Song's condition worsened and she was often losing consciousness. On January 15th, Ms. Song passed away.
  • Ms. He Wenjun from Taiyuan City Died in 2010 after Being Injected with Harmful Drugs

    Ms. He Wenjun was arrested in September 2009. She was injected in her arm with unknown substances while she was held in a detention centre. After the injection, she developed severe oedema all over her body, had difficulty breathing, and her arms and breasts swelled and were in continuous pain. She died in October 2010.
  • Mr. Li Huabin Dies from Abuse at the Ziyang Brainwashing Centre in Sichuan Province

    Another Falun Gong practitioner, Mr. Li Huabin, died on January 12th, 2012 after being abused at the Er'ehu Brainwashing Centre in Ziyang City, Sichuan Province. Mr. Li was released at the end of December 2011, and he began to lose consciousness shortly after returning home. His symptoms are very similar to that of physician Mr. Wu Yihua, a Falun Gong practitioner who died on December 12th, 2011 after abuse in detention. It has been alleged that forced drug administration at the brainwashing centre led to Mr. Li's death.
  • Disabled Woman Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison, Family Condemns Judge for Abuse of the Law

    Ms. Wang Yuluan, a disabled woman and resident was arrested by police on October 15th, 2010, because she insisted on practising Falun Gong. Judge Zhu Huiqing at the Anping County Court sentenced her to seven years in prison in June 2011. Wang's family did not receive any legal documents or written notices from the court, nor any oral notification of requesting a defence attorney. Wang Yuluan's family decided to sue Zhu Huiqing.
  • Practitioner Mr. Sun Yubin from Liaoning Province Persecuted and Tortured in Forced Labour Camps, Detention Centres, and Prisons

    As a steadfast Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Sun Yubin was arrested, imprisoned, tortured and sentenced to forced labour many times. In Jiatie Detention Centre Mr. Sun went on a hunger strike demanding to be released without charges. Prison guard Yuan Hua ordered the prisoners to force-feed him. A prisoner pried his mouth open with a sharpened wood stick. He lost one of his upper teeth and another was pried lose. They inserted a tube through his nose into his stomach. He lost consciousness due to the excruciating pain. He was force fed three times within 15 days. Mr. Sun was tortured with the “death bed” torture and monitored by three prisoners around the clock.
  • Ms. Wang Huinan Tortured for Two Years at Masanjia Forced Labour Camp

    Ms. Wang Huinan used to be weak and sickly. After she started practicing Falun Gong, all her illnesses disappeared. She was arrested by police in August 2004 because she appealed for Falun Gong. She was detained in Masanjia Forced Labour Camp for two years, where she suffered brutal persecution. After her release, she was repeatedly harassed by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials.
  • Ms. Qi Yaru Arrested for Fifth Time--Her Family has Suffered Long-Term Separation During Past Few Years

    More than two dozen police officers broke into Ms. Qi Yaru's home at about 5:00 a.m. on December 31st, 2011. Ms. Qi was not at home at the time. They took away her husband and her son, then ransacked her home, and confiscated many belongings. Later, the police went to Ms. Qi's sister's home and arrested Ms. Qi and her ten-year-old daughter, Miss Wang Shiyuan. On the same day, the police arrested more than 30 other practitioners. This was the fifth time that Ms. Qi had been arrested. During the past 12 years, her family had suffered long-term separation. Her daughter Shiyuan was recently released, however she has suffered a huge emotional blow after experiencing her mother's arrest.
  • Four Falun Gong Practitioners from Huairou District, Beijing Arrested and Taken to Forced Labour Camps

    On the evening of November 17th, 2011, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wen Yuhong, who is in her 50s and a resident of Huairou District, Beijing, was arrested together with her three-year-old granddaughter by police officers. She was then sentenced to two years imprisonment. Practitioners arrested on the same day were Ms. Jia Cuihuan, Ms. Wang Baohua (46 years old) and Ms. Sun Guiqing (60 years old). They were also sentenced and detained at forced labour camps.
  • Mr. Liu Zhaofu from Jiaohe City, Jilin Province, Arrested; His Wife Persecuted As Well

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Zhaofu was arrested on September 22nd, 2011, and has been detained at the Jiaohe City Detention Centre. The police are threatening to send him to prison. During the Beijing Olympics three years ago, police from Jiaohe, Jilin, were trying to meet a quota for large-scale arrests of Falun Gong practitioners. Mr. Liu was able escape, but his wife was arrested and sentenced to six years in prison. Ms. Shi is currently incarcerated in the Hezuizi Women's Prison.
  • Robbery Victim Arrested

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Sun Xiuju's home was robbed at the beginning of August 2011, and 600 yuan in cash and a Walkman were taken. Several police officers suddenly entered Ms. Sun Xiuju’s house on August 13th and asked if her home had been robbed. She told them the truth. Then the officers said, “The thief reported you because your cash had messages with information about Falun Gong on it, and your Walkman had Falun Gong content.” Then the police began searching her home for any materials related to Falun Gong, such as materials leaflets exposing the persecution of Falun Gong. The officers took Ms. Sun to Tengzhuang Town Police Station.