Widespread Abuse from Wicked Police Towards Practitioners in Hubei Province

In 2001, in order to prevent Dafa practitioners from carrying Teacher's articles into the camp, the police in Shizishang Drug Rehabilitation Centre in Wuhan City and Shayang Forced Labour Camp began to check practitioners' luggage and forced female practitioners to take off all of their clothing and submit to body searches. Even worse, about every other month, they would round up over one hundred female practitioners together and strip search them just to humiliate them.

The police lock practitioners and drug abusers together and monitor them around the clock. They prohibit practitioners from talking with and helping each other. They even prohibit practitioners from smiling at each other. When practitioners go to the toilet, they set a time limit and follow them closely. Sometimes they even drag practitioners out before the time limit and shout in a sneering tone, "Are you not practising Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance? I'll let you forbear." The forced labour camp uses the excuse of doing military training to make everything militarised. They try to control practitioners and keep them under high stress at all times. The police also force practitioners to sit on small benches during breaks, with both feet and knees pressed together, so that the practitioners cannot relax and concentrate their minds to recite the teachings of Dafa. The schedule is very busy every day. Sometimes the practitioners are even harassed in the middle of the night by drug addicts, since the police arrange one drug addict to sleep next to each Falun Gong practitioner.

Li Honghe, a female practitioner from Xianning, was beaten every day by the drug addicts and received electric shocks from the police, sustaining agonising wounds all over her body. Yu Airong, a female practitioner from Macheng, refused to accept the illegal monitoring and was tortured with electric shocks for over two hours. Shouts from tortured practitioners were often heard in the middle of the night. Sometimes such shouting came from downstairs where the male practitioners were being tortured.

On June 25, 2001, 40 practitioners were sent to Shayang Forced Labour Camp from Shizishan Drug Rehabilitation Centre to receive forced brainwashing. The Shayang Forced Labour Camp was even more vicious than the drug rehab centre. They ordered the drug addicts and other criminals to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The corrupt police promised them reduced jail terms if they succeeded in "reforming" one practitioner, making those criminals beat and monitor practitioners more viciously.

In the autumn of 2001, the police incited a drug addict named He Junyan to beat a female practitioner who had just been sent to the camp, causing severe injuries to the practitioner. Her lower abdominal area and legs were severely swollen and her knees swelled up into two balls. The practitioner had difficulty walking and going to the toilet but was still forced to attend the military training.

The police repeatedly dragged Li Honghe out and beat her badly because she refused to recite "the Camp Rules." They used all kinds of torture and still failed to destroy her firm belief in Dafa. They shocked her with electric batons and beat her while hanging her up and forcing her to kneel down. Each time, the torture would last 6 to 7 hours until she appeared to be breathing her last. Before her old wounds healed, the new ones had been added. One day, Li Honghe was shocked with electric batons on her back and had electric burns over 400cm squared (approximately 64 in squared), which were unbearable to look at. Her hands, elbows, legs, ankles, and feet were all disfigured due to the torture, with blood and flesh blurred.

In the summer of 2001, the police in Shayang Forced Labour Camp forced over 40 practitioners to be injected with so-called "Paratyphoid Vaccine." However, only Dafa practitioners were given the shots while other criminal inmates were not.

In the autumn of 2001, the police saw that they could not make the practitioners give up their beliefs so they recruited ten collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have stopped practising due to brainwashing and torture. They now assist in the persecution of falun Gong] to spread lies. Practitioners who refused to listen to those lies were punished and forced to stand still at night until 2-3 o'clock in the morning. They were forced to do heavy labour during the day and stand to recite the so-called "Decision From the Two Supremes" [note: refers to the Supreme Court and supreme prosecutor] at night. They were also often beaten and humiliated by the cruel police.

The Dafa practitioners who were recently sent to the camp received even more vicious persecution, including beatings; sleep deprivation, confinement, and attacks from collaborators, toilet visit limitations and other physical torture.


You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.