Jiang Regime's Persecution Against European Residents (Part 5) - The Wang Family

Li Guozhen (Mother of Xianghe and Huahe Wang)

Li Guozhen, is 86 years old. She used to live in Holland for 8 years with her daughters, Xianghe and Huahe Wang. She started to practise Falun Dafa (Falun Gong) in Holland in 1997. After practising, her serious arthritis that had troubled her for over 50 years disappeared.

In the latter half of 1998, she went back to China to visit her family and planned to stay there for a year, before returning to Holland. However, in July 1999 Jiang initiated the persecution of Falun Gong. She have not been able to return and reunite with her family in Holland.

Mrs Li has been arrested 7 times from 1999 to 2001. Once she and her 14-years-old grand daughter were detained for as long as 3 months. They were monitored 24 hours every day and their freedom was taken away. They were not only forced to watch TV programmes that slander Falun Dafa and have been fabricated by Jiang Zemin’s Regime but she was also interrogated again and again by the police. They wanted her to stop practising Falun Gong.

Due to the cruel persecution, Mrs Li, who had been very healthy with a glowing face, could not even stand up. Later both Mrs Li and her grand daughter were released on bail after her daughter-in-law paid 40,000 Chinese Yuan [1 Yuan is approximately 0.12$]. Because she refused to stop practising Falun Gong, she was arrested again.

After she was released again, she has been under surveillance continually. 4 out of her 7 arrests were on Tiananmen Square, Beijing. She was pushed on to the ground, kicked and beaten up with sticks by policemen.

Yuanhe Wang (Eldest brother of Xianghe and Huahe Wang)

Yuanhe Wang, is 55 years old. He is an engineer in Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province. Everyone who knows him says that there are not many good people like him. He has also had a very successful career. He was honoured with a “Science and Technology Invention” award several times. Because he has contributed so much to his country, he was received awards as a “excellent worker” several years in a row. However, he developed heavy stomach bleeding due to extended periods of work, and was sent to hospitals many times for treatment. The illness was so serious that he had to take early retirement. However after practicing Falun Gong, he recovered to full health very quickly.

Since the persecution of Falun Dafa in 1999 Yuanhe Wang has been arrested 6 times. On 17 December 2000 he saw a group vicious policemen beating a female Falun Gong practitioner, so he walked to the policemen and asked them to stop. He was pushed down to the ground, kicked and beaten up by several policemen. They stamped on him, clutched his throat and shocked him with electric batons until he lost consciousness. They then dragged and threw him into a police van.

He was detained for over 20 days, during which he was tortured; One day it was freezing cold and snowing. The policemen took off Yuanhe’s clothes and tied his 2 thumbs to an outdoor iron gate. His body was hanging there for a whole day and night. During this period, his wife and son also received frequent harassment and threats from the police. Therefore, Yuanhe had to leave home to avoid further persecution for himself and his family.

On 3 June 2001 he heard that his elderly mother (Li Guozhen) was released from prison and went to visit her. Since his mother was under the police surveillance, he was arrested as soon as he arrived. Li Guozhen was also arrested. Later, she was released but there was no news about Yuanhe for months. On the 7 November 2001 there was an illegal trial held against 26 Falun Gong practitioners. He was among them, and sentenced with the others.

Currently, he is in prison. In order not to allow him to do the exercises, 4-5 policemen keep him in a special cell every day. He has also been forced to work over 10 hours every day. However, in depth details are unknown.

Kuihe Wang (Second Eldest Brother)

Kuihe Wang is 53 years old. He was an electrician at the Jiang Xi Hostel for Artists. He has been arrested twice since 20 July 1999 for his practice of Falun Gong.

During his 2 years’ illegal detention, he has suffered form various types of cruel tortures. On 16 September 1999, he was fired from his job. His family had not heard any news about him for over 3 months, when the Jiangxi Province police bureau informed his family of his arrest. He had then been sentenced to a year in a labour camp.

When his wife asked the police “Why did you sentence him? What is the crime that he committed?”, the police answered “You are right, there is no clause that you can find in the law to fit his sentence. However, because he practises Falun Gong we can take the liberty to sentence him for a year.” Later when his wife and mother went to visit him in prison, they could not recognised him. What kind of cruel tortures he has received is unknown.

After one year imprisonment he was released but still under monitoring.

In December 2000 he and his family members all went to Beijing to make an appeal. He was severely beaten up by policemen. His head was bleeding, 2 of his ribs were broken and there was blood on his head, face and body. Then the vicious policemen threw him into a police van.

He was sent to a detention centre in Beijing and was tortured for a week before he was sent to another detention centre in Xingtai, Hebei. Here he was again tortured for a week. In January 2001 he was sent back to Nanchang. Someone who saw him said that he now looks like an old man aged 70-80 years old. He was also found mentally unclear-minded and dressed in rags/tatters.

He was released eight months later and has been under police surveillance ever since.

Yu Zhong (Kuihe Wang’s wife)

Yu Zhong is 38 years old. She started to practise Falun Dafa in September 2997. Since then she benefited from good health and a clear mind.

Since July 1999, she was arrested illegally 6 times. She has suffered various cruel tortures; The policemen shocked her using electric batons, beat her with sticks, poured urine on her face and force-fed her, and other cruel and degrading treatment.

From December 2000 to January 2001 she was arrested on Tiananmen Square several times. Vicious policemen slapped her face dozens of times, beat her up and kicked her, before she was thrown into a police van. Once in a detention centre in Beijing, vicious policemen twisted her hands to her back and hung her up for over 24 hours. When she was released both her hands and arms had turned black. Another time, during a cold night the policemen did not allow her to wear any thick cloth, socks and shoes. They forced her to walk on snow with barefoot for the whole night. In the middle of January she was sent back to Nanchang from Beijing. During the 30-hour plus journey, she had been hand-cuffed without being released.

At a labour camp in Nanchang, she was forced to do heavy labour for over 10 hours every day. The rest time of the day she was not allowed to sleep and forced to watch TV programme that slander Dafa and that have been fabricated by the Jiang regime. In addition the police used various contemptible means to forcefully brain-wash her.

After 8 months, she was released but has been monitored ever since. From 1999 to 2001 she had spent almost 2 years in detention.

Yuli Wang (Xianghe and Huahe’s niece)

Yuli Wang, is Kuihe Wang’s daughter. She is 16 years old. She started practising Falun Dafa in 1997. 3 years ago, at the night of 16 September, Yuli, aged 13 years then, was arrested together with her father, mother and grandmother.

In December 2000 Yuli went to Beijing to appeal with her family. On Tiananmen Squre, the police pushed her down to the ground, before she was violently pushed into a police van. She then was detained illegally. After she was sent back to Nanchang, she was expelled from her school for saying “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good!”. When she got home their house was searched many times. The police also stole money from their house. Yuli wanted to see her parents and her grandmother, but did not know where they were detained.

Later, her grandmother was released. But after a few days, both of them were arrested and sent to a “brain-washing class”. They were monitored 24 hours a day and forced to watch TV programmes that slander Dafa. During the detention, the police and her school teachers took turns to question her and told her that they (her and others) would be detained forever if she did not sign a “transformation” statement.

3 months later, her aunt paid 40,000 Chinese Yuan to the police. She and her grandmother were released on bail. But they are still under police surveillance.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.