Two Women in Their Fifties Tortured to Death by Local Police

Ms. Wu Jingfang, a Falun Gong practitioner from Jieyang City, Guangdong Province, was tortured to death at the Number Two Jieyang Municipal Police Station on April 11, 2002. Another female practitioner, Ms. Huang Weijun, was tortured to death on May 2002 at the Number One Jieyang Municipal Police Station.

Ms. Wu Jingfang, 51 years old, was a practitioner from Jieyang City. She had suffered from several diseases, including kidney stones, before she practised Falin Gong. She was unable to recover from her illnesses even after seeking medical treatment for over ten years. She had suffered quite a lot. She had the fortune to learn Falun Gong in 1997. Soon after, she became healthy enough that she threw away all the medicine that had accompanied her for over 10 years. She was able to take good care of her family with her physical health. However, around 1 AM on December 28, 2000, local policemen broke into her home, abducted her and imprisoned her in the county police station. On September 21, 2001, without any legal procedure, she was once again forcibly sent to a brainwashing class held by the city. While she was in the brainwashing class she firmly resisted the evil people's demands. On December 27, together with a few other fellow practitioners, she managed to leave the brainwashing class. Later, to avoid further persecution, she wandered from place to place clarifying the facts about Falun Gong on her way. On March 31, 2002, local policemen unlawfully arrested her at her apartment in Jieyang City and imprisoned her in the Number Two Jieyang Municipal Police Station. She steadfastly upheld her belief in Dafa and protested the persecution by going on hunger strike. Shortly after, she was tortured to death by the police. On April 11, her body was secretly cremated.

Ms. Huang Weijun, 50 years old, was another practitioner from Jieyang City. In May of 2002, she was arrested when she was clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa. She was imprisoned in the Number One Jieyang Municipal Police Station and suffered tremendous torture. She went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal arrest. However, without any regard for the practitioners' lives and safety, the inhumane "610 Office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] did not notify her family members until her hunger strike had gone on for more than 10 days. Because it was too late to attempt any rescue measures, she passed away.

Translated on 8/25/2002
Chinese version available at:

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.