Name: Li Xiaoyu
Occupation: Teacher at Xiebei Number One Elementary School, Jinniu District, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 2002
Most Recent Place of Detention: West Sichuan Women's Prison in Longquanyi District, Chengdu
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, dismissal from workplace, detention
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Xiaoyu was imprisoned in the West Sichuan Women's Prison of Longquanyi District, Chengdu. Her ten-year prison term is to end on April 9th, 2012, but Jiang Dongtao of the Sima Bridge Street Residential Committee 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong), has recently demanded that Ms. Li's mother persuade her to sign a guarantee statement renouncing Falun Gong.
The Chengdu 610 Office has sent several practitioners to a brainwashing centre after they were released from prison, and Ms. Li's family fears this will happen to Ms. Li. Ms. Li was brutally tortured in detention because she refused to renounce her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Traumatised by the abuse, she suffered a mental collapse.
Ms. Li Xiaoyu was a teacher at the Xiebei Number One Elementary School in Jinniu District, Chengdu. She was a good teacher, but because she practised Falun Gong, she was imprisoned and tortured many times by the Jinniu District Police Department. She was also dismissed from her job, losing her only source of income.
Ms. Li went to Beijing in early 2001 to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She was detained and beaten just two months after she gave birth. Despite being rather weak, she was forced to stand on ice, she was starved, and she was not allowed to feed her baby. After Ms. Li was released, she taught again but the school withheld her salary.
Ms. Li was arrested in April 2002 by officers from the Lianxin Police Station of Jinjiang District, Chengdu. At a trial at the Jinjiang District Court in July 2003, she and two other practitioners exposed the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) crimes of violating citizen's freedom of belief. The court ignored her testimony and sentenced her to a ten-year term.
At the West Sichuan Women's Prison, the guards ordered inmates to torture Ms. Li. As a result, her face became swollen and she lost several teeth. At times she was too weak to take care of herself. As the result of the inhuman torture, she suffered a mental collapse and was near death.
During the 2007 Chinese New Year, Ms. Li's mother visited her. She saw that her daughter was emaciated and pale. Ms. Li kept her head down and her eyes closed, she walked unsteadily and didn't recognise her mother. Her family requested compassionate leave for medical treatment many times, which was refused.
A number of Falun Gong practitioners from Chengdu have been taken to brainwashing centres after their prison terms were finished:
1. In May 2006, Professor Yang Jingxia, an employee from the Environmental Protection Institute at Sichuan University, and an internationally recognised environmental protection expert, was taken directly to Xinjin Brainwashing Centre on orders from the local 610 Office after a three-year prison term.
2. On October 11th, 2006, award-winning Chinese language teacher Ms. Liu Hui, who taught at the Jinqin Road Elementary School in Jinniu District, was taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Centre after she finished a four-year term at the West Sichuan Women's Prison. She was held for three years at the brainwashing centre. She went on a hunger strike in protest and was released after her health condition became critical.
3. In April 2008, practitioner Ms. Fan Ying, from Shuangliu County, Chengdu, was taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Centre on orders from the Shuangliu 610 Office, after a four-year prison term.
4. On the morning of November 13th, 2010, practitioner Ms. Huang Xiangling from Xindu District, Chengdu was taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Centre on her release from the Yangmahe Women's Prison of Jianyang City, Sichuan Province, after finishing a three-year prison term.
5. On May 1st, 2011, Ms. Yin Sirong, an employee of the Chengdu Metallurgical Plant, was given another nine days of incarceration before being released, after a 21-month forced labour camp term, served at the Xishanping Forced Labour Camp, Chongqing City. She was immediately taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Centre by Zhang Xiaochu of the Chenghua District 610 Office. After practitioner Ms. Wang Mingrong was tortured to death at the brainwashing centre, the CCP worried about being implicated. They released Ms. Yin.
6. Other practitioners who were taken to the brainwashing centre after their prison terms concluded include Mr. Luo Huishun, Mr. Fan Haidong, Mr. Xie Zhiyuan, Mr. Deng Qixiang, Mr. Du Peiyang, Mr. Xie Hongmin, Mr. Deng Weijian, Mr. Zheng Bin, Mr. Zhang Yixiang, Ms. Chen Xiangzhi, Ms. Li Ming, Ms. Qing Mingzhen, Mr. Ding Zhongbin, Mr. Zheng Bin, and Mr. Lin Xiaoquan.
The following individuals and organisations have participated in the persecution in Chengdu:
Jinniu District Political and Legal Committee: 65 Shawan Road, Chengdu, Zip code 610031
Long Xingyu, party secretary: +86-28-86266390 (W), +86-13808060117 (M)
Wu Shiquan, party secretary: +86-13980538333 (M), +86-28-87510717 (H), +86-28-87705983 (O)
Wu Wei, deputy secretary: +86-13808004998 (M), +86-28-87522732 (H), +86-28-87705688 (O)
Xie Lejie, deputy secretary: +86-13881913333 (M), +86-28-87668771(H), +86-28-87705219(O)
Zhang Yuqiang, deputy director at the Comprehensive Management Office: +86-13981881663 (M), +86-28-81701833 (H), +86-28-87705683 (O)
Yang Zhigang, deputy director at the Comprehensive Management Office: +86-13908014200 (M), +86-28-87705692 (O)
Jinniu District 610 Office:
Li Yong, deputy director: +86-28-87705681 (M), +86-13668292609 (W), +86-28-87526973 (H)
Zhang Hongtao, deputy director: +86-28-87705680 (M), +86-13980782322 (W), +86-28-87529913 (H)
Yan Lanfen, Comprehensive Section chief: +86-13540881966 (M), +86-28-87705679 (W)
Li Xingming, former director: +86-13808003823 (M), +86-28-87500394 (H)
West Sichuan Women's Prison: Dabao Village, Wen'an Town, Longquanyi District, Chengdu, Zip code 610109
Education Section Chief Yuan: +86-28-84898233 (W)
On-duty Office: +86-28-84898942 (W)
Lianxin Police Station, Jinjiang District: Second Lane, Lianhua North, Chengdu
Leng Qiuming, director
Chen Qingfu and Li Xu, police officers
Jinjiang District Court: 5 Tianxian Bridge Road South, Chengdu, Zip Code 610021
Yang Yuquan, director
Li Tong, presiding judge: +86-28-84529065 (W)
Chen Jianqing & Chen Xiufen, jurors
Liu Husheng, clerk
Jiefang Road North Number One Elementary School, Chengdu, Zip code 610081
Liu Xingcheng (retired) & Zhang Zhi, principals
Sima Bridge Street Comprehensive Management Office
Jiang Dongtao, director: +86-13908058131 (M), +86-28-83373975 (W)
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.