Sexual Assault of a Male Practitioner and Other Atrocities at the Handan City Labour Camp

A severe sexual assault of a Falun Gong practitioner occurred between 6:00 p..m and 9:00 p.m. on December 30th at the Handan City Forced Labour Camp in Hebei Province. The camp officials are now attempting to keep the incident from being exposed.

The victim, Mr. Wang Gang, 30 years old, is from Dongwangkan Village in Yijing Town, Handan City. Officers from the Yijing Police Station arrested him on June 26th, 2011, and sent him to the Handan Labour Camp on July 20th. Guard Xing Yansheng forced him to write statements to give up his practice. Mr. Wang was unable to sleep at night since then and often talked to himself. Under instruction from the guards, inmates often bullied and beat him. The guards handcuffed Mr. Wang to heating pipes three times.

Four inmates beat Wang Gang at 10:00 p.m. on November 11th. One inmate forced Mr. Wang to wash his feet for him and massage him in the evening on December 30th. He then forced him to commit anal and oral sex acts. Eye-witnesses reported this to guards, but labour camp officials covered up the incident.

Other Falun Gong practitioners were brutally treated at the Handan Labour Camp. As a result, many were physically and emotionally traumatised, some became disabled, and some even died. Below are several cases of abuse that resulted in death.

Mr. Ren Mengjun, 56 years old, was from Dongfeng Village in Shahe City, Hebei Province. He went to Beijing in January 2001 to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and was beaten to death on October 29th, 2001.

Mr. Wang Shujun, 36 years old, was from Wangpengliu Village in Linlibao Town, Cheng'an County, Hebei Province. Agents from the Handan 610 Office "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China. and from the Chengan County Police Department arrested him at home in April 2004 and sent him to the Handan Labour Camp. After more than one month at the labour camp, Mr. Wang's life was in danger. Camp officials released him. Mr. Wang died on June 20th, 2004.

Mr. Hao Wenmin, 44 years old, was from Lianghexia Village in Suburban Town of Wei County, Handan City. Wei County Police Department officials sent him to the Handan Labour Camp in May 2002. Guards deprived him of sleep for three consecutive months in addition to physical abuse including beatings and electric shocks. On one occasion, Mr. Hao was close to death and was sent to a hospital. After his release in April 2004 his condition deteriorated due to the long-term torture and abuse he experienced. In September 2005, Mr. Hao was diagnosed with anaemia, kidney ulcers, and a severely damaged liver, intestines, stomach and bladder. He died on October 15th, 2005.

Mr. Song Xingguo, 29 years old, was from Zhulikou Village in Tengzhuang Town, Huanghua City, Hebei Province. Police arrested him at home in November 2001 and detained him at Shijiazhuan Labour Camp for two years. During that time, he went on a hunger strike to protest. Officials transferred Mr. Song from the Shijiazhuang Labour Camp to the Handan City Labour Camp where they accepted him even though he was in critical condition. He died at the labour camp in early November 2002, eleven days after arriving. He was 29 years old.

Intensified unit: +86-310-4010193, +86-310-4010192
Zhang Xiuping, labour camp head: +86-310-4010518 (office), +86-310-8125219 (home), +86-13903103000
Wei Yongsheng, deputy head: +86-310-4010118 (Office), +86-310-8129158 (Home), 86-13603105959

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.