Physician Wu Yihua Dies after Torture and Abuse at a Brainwashing Centre in Ziyang City, Sichuan Province

Name: Wu Yihua
Gender: Male
Age: 40's
Address: Yanjiang District, Ziyang City
Occupation: Physician
Date of Death: December 12th, 2011
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 12, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Er'ehu Brainwashing Centre
City: Ziyang
Province: Sichuan
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, brainwashing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, interrogation

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wu Yihua, in his 40s, was a physician and an owner of a clinic on Majiaxiang Street, Yanjiang District, Ziyang City. He was strong and healthy before he was arrested in October 2010. He died on December 12th, 2011 after being abused at the Er'ehu Brainwashing Centre.

On October 12th, 2010, a group of officers from the Yanjiang District Domestic Security Team, led by chief Huang Guangwu, broke into Mr. Wu's clinic and arrested him. The police confiscated his computer and other personal belongings. Mr. Wu was taken to the Er'ehu Brainwashing Centre.

In order to force Mr. Wu to give up his belief in Falun Gong and give out other practitioners' names, chief Huang Guangwu and officer Dong De tortured Mr. Wu with different methods. Mr. Wu was interrogated and physically abused for several days. Meanwhile, the brainwashing centre director, Xiao Hui, laced Mr. Wu's drinking water with a drug that damages the central nervous system and internal organs, which resulted in his renal hypertension and uraemia.

Mr. Wu was also mentally abused and subjected to brainwashing. Xiao Hui indoctrinated Mr. Wu with lies that defame and slander Falun Gong, and pressured him to write a guarantee statement to renounce Falun Gong and a statement to criticise Falun Gong.

When Mr. Wu was released from the brainwashing centre in March 2011, people couldn't recognise him. A few days after he returned home, he fainted and was sent to the hospital for emergency treatment. He didn't wake up after 24 hours of remaining in a coma. When Mr. Wu later woke up, the hospital staff told him that he needed dialysis treatment every day. Mr. Wu couldn't afford the large sum for medical costs and had to leave the hospital.

In the following months, Mr. Wu lost consciousness several times. He told others that he felt increasingly excruciating pain in his heart and stomach and no medication could help. He was getting more emaciated and haggard, his face looked blue and his lips were dark.

In December 2011, Mr. Wu developed little red bumps all over his body. He couldn't eat and had excruciating pain in his heart and stomach. On December 12th, Mr. Wu phoned a friend who was a security guard, saying that he wasn't going to make it. The guard was out of town and told him to call his niece. Later on, as someone carried Mr. Wu into a car, he stopped breathing.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.