Older Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Song Huilan Faces Amputation after Torture and Administration of Unknown Drugs

Name: Song Huilan
Gender: Female
Age: 60
Address: Xinhua Farm, Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province
Occupation: Farmer
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 13th, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Tangyuan County Detention Centre
City: Tangyuan County
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Detention, interrogation, physical constraint, force-feedings, beatings, drug administration, denial of toilet use

Ms. Song Huilan from Xinhua Farm, Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province, was again taken into custody by police on December 13th, 2010. She was injected with unknown drugs during the two months she was detained at the Tangyuan County Detention Centre. She was tortured to the point of losing her memory, and her legs and feet became black and necrotic. She is now facing the risk of amputation.

During the communist regime’s persecution of Falun Gong, Ms. Song has suffered repeated persecution. In March 2002, she was sentenced to one year of forced labour. In March 2003, she was arrested again and sentenced to three years of forced labour. In April 2008, she was arrested again by the police. The detention centre guards forced her to sit on the cold cement floor for two days and nights. They also grabbed her hair, hitting her head against the wall. On July 1st, 2010, Ms. Song was arrested as she distributed Falun Gong leaflets exposing the persecution, along with nine practitioners from Tangyuan County. At the County Detention Centre in Tangyuan, Ms. Song went on a hunger strike and was in critical condition. The guards feared being held responsible for her possible death, so they released her. She was carried home by her family.

Before Ms. Song started practising Falun Gong, she had many illnesses, including uterine tumours that often bled, kidney stones, arthritis, hepatitis, and other conditions. She often quarrelled with her husband. She felt herself truly fortunate to be introduced to Falun Gong in 1997. After several months of practising, all of her illnesses disappeared and her relationships with her family members also became harmonious.

Abducted and Beaten

In December 2010, Ms. Song Huilan went to Hentoushan and lived in practitioner Zuo Xiuwen’s house. One morning around 10 a.m., Wang Xunjie, head of the Hengtoushan Police Station in Jiamusi City, along with policemen Yu Muchun and Dong Hongsheng from the Huachuan County Domestic Security Division and others, climbed over a wooden fence and entered Zuo Xiuwen’s home. At that time practitioner Wang Dan and her mother were also there. They took away two printers and one computer and Falun Gong materials and forcefully took four practitioners, including Song Huilan, Zuo Xiuwen, Wang Dan and her mother, to the police station.

The police detained Ms. Song alone in an office. They repeatedly demanded her name and address and when she refused to answer they became enraged and severely beat her on the face, blackening her eyes and causing her to become dizzy. They tortured her from 1 p.m. till night, then the police dragged her into a police car and took her to the Huachuan Detention Centre.

Tortured at Huachuan Detention Centre

At the Huachuan County Detention Centre, Ms. Song protested by going on a hunger strike. The guards took her to the Huachuan County hospital where every day they injected her with several bottles of unknown substances. Detention Centre Head Pang, along with more than a dozen police officers were on duty, and they took turns torturing her. Every night they shackled her legs, and handcuffed her hands. They tied her to a bed and stretched her limbs out in different directions. Each time, more than a dozen policemen force-fed Ms. Song. They used an iron chisel to knock out her front teeth. They also inserted a thick tube down her throat. If they did not succeed, they would change to using a large tube inserted into her mouth. They inserted tubes twice a day and force-fed her three times a day. They did not allow her to go to the toilet. As a result, her clothes were soiled and wet with urine. Finally, the whole bed was soaking wet.

Policeman Diao used a leather tube to tightly bind Ms. Song’s head and handcuffed her hands to the bed and shackled her legs in chains to the bed, immobilizing her.

On December 31st, Ms. Song was transferred to Tangyuan County Detention Centre for further persecution.

Injected with Unknown Drugs at Tangyuan County Detention Centre

Head Yan Yong from the Tangyuan County Detention Centre agreed to detain Ms. Song, who was already extremely weak.

With temperatures dropping to -20 to -30oC (about -4 to -22oF) at night in winter, the guards forced Ms. Song to sleep on the cold ground, covered with only a thin blanket. She was extremely cold and trembled all night, causing her uterine to prolapse. Her flesh hung from her vulva between her legs. She was in extreme pain. However, the guards at the detention centre did not care.

Ms. Song continued her hunger strike. Yan Yong and several other guards shoved her onto the bed, immobilizing her. They handcuffed her and forcibly made intravenous infusion of a bottle of unknown drugs. The unknown drugs caused Ms. Song extreme pain. She was in so much agony that she could not say a word, and rolled on the floor.

Ms. Song was in so much pain that she could not sleep. She saw that her entire right leg below the knee and right foot had turned black. Her right leg was numb from the knee downwards, and her body had become stiff, she was unable to walk. When the doctors came, and saw the condition of her legs and feet, they said: "This leg is disabled." Because Ms. Song had been injected with unknown drugs, she had difficulty responding, her tongue was stiff, and she lost control of her body. Her right leg turned black, and the muscle under her knee became necrotic, like metal. Afterwards she threw up anything she ate and became incontinent.

About a week later, the guards took Ms. Song to two different hospitals for an examination. The doctors said: "We can not cure this patient." So the guards took Ms. Song back to the detention centre. By that time she was on the brink of death. The guards were worried that she would die at the detention centre, and that they would be held responsible. Therefore, on March 1st, 2011, they called her family to take her home.

Not Admitted to the Hospital; the Detention Centre Uses Every Excuse to Deny Responsibility

Ms. Song’s family came to the detention centre and took her home. Ms. Song was in terrible condition, her body was stiff and her eyes were dazed, she could not speak, and her hands and legs were rigid and had lost all feeling. After returning home, her family members found that her right leg, the foot and toes were all necrotic, had turned black and dripped yellow fluid. They felt hard and stiff, like metal.

Ms. Song’s family took her to two hospitals in Jiamusi City for treatment, but after taking one look at her condition, the doctors refused to treat her or accept her as a patient. They told her family that the only way was to amputate, and that her condition was critical. Her family became extremely upset and angry. They went to the Tangyuan County Detention Centre and asked the officials there: "What kind of drugs did you use to hurt her like that?" Head Qiao replied with a guilty conscience, "Nothing, just drugs to control the heart." Secretary Lan, who is responsible for discipline, said: "Then why did you pick her up and why not send her back?" They used all sorts of threats to pressure and silence her family and shift the blame away from themselves for their crime.

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2011/3/31/238355.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.