Mr. Zeng Zhiyuan Sent to Forced Labour Camp Three Times and to Prison Once

Name: Zeng Zhiyuan
Gender: Male
Age: Unknown
Address: Niushan Village, Shuidongjiang Township, Shaodong County, Hunan Province
Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Guangxi No. 1 Forced Labour Camp
Province: Guangxi Autonomous Region
Persecution Suffered: Interrogation, detention, brainwashing, imprisonment, electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labour, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, hanging up, solitary confinement, torture, force-feedings

Mr. Zeng Zhiyuan has suffered brutal persecution at the hands of the Chinese communist regime. He has been arrested four times, sent to forced labour camp three times and sentenced to prison once. He has been subjected to brutal torture at the detention centre, prison and forced labour camp.

Sentenced to forced labour for the first time

Mr. Zeng Zhiyuan returned to Shaodong County to work in early 2001. After the director of the Shuidongjiang Police Station found out that he had distributed Falun Gong leaflets exposing the persecution and telling, Mr. Zeng was arrested and taken to the Shaodong Detention Centre. A month later, he was sentenced to one year of forced labour and sent to the Xinkaipu Forced Labour Camp in Hunan Province.

Mr. Zeng was severely tortured at the labour camp, as a result of which he developed an itchy rash all over his body. By the time he was released in 2002, his feet had lost feeling and he had great difficulty walking.

After Mr. Zeng's release, head of the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) of Shaolai County Zhu Shaoming and Li Zhenzhong from the Shuidongjiang Police Station constantly harassed him.

Sentenced to four years in prison

In November 2002, Mr. Zeng, along with a dozen other Falun Gong practitioners, was arrested at Chenzhou, Hunan Province, by the local Domestic Security Division and Beihu Police Station. He was jailed at the Chenzhou No. 3 Detention Centre for 16 months. During his detention, he was subjected to brutal beatings and forced labour. He had diarrhoea for six months and could not stand steadily as a result of the mistreatment. His brother could barely recognise him when he was released.

Mr. Zeng was subsequently sentenced to four years in prison by the Beihu District Court in Chenzhou. He was held in the Chishan Prison in Hunan Province for the first year, and was transferred to Chenzhou Prison. There, he was put in solitary confinement and was not allowed to have any interaction with the outside world. He was released in November 2006.

Sent to forced labour camp again

At 11 p.m. one day in January 2007, Mr. Zeng was arrested while posting Falun Gong information exposing the persecution on a wall in Shaodong County. Shuidongjiang Public Security officer Yin Zhihong and Police Chief Zhou interrogated him. He was later taken to the Shaodong County Domestic Security Division. Mr. Zeng went on a hunger strike to protest the detention and mistreatment. On the fourth day of his hunger strike, the police ordered 10 criminal detainees to force-feed him. They brutally beat him, and ordered several detainees to push him to the ground and pry his mouth open with two electric batons, causing massive bleeding in his mouth.

Mr. Zeng was then sent to the Xinkaipu Forced Labour Camp again for 21 months. However, the labour camp refused to admit him due to his poor health. Mr. Zeng was released in August 2007. He had a rash all over his body and could barely walk.

Sent to forced labour camp for the third time

Mr. Zeng went to Guilin to look for a job in 2008. In August 2009, he was spotted by security while accessing Falun Gong websites at Wangfu Web Bar at Jiefangqiaotou, Guilin City. He was arrested by officers from the Anxinzhou Police Station and the Guilin Domestic Security Branch, and jailed at Guilin No.3 Detention Centre for 26 days.

The police also arrested Mr. Zeng's wife, Ms. Li Feiyan, and detained her for one month.

Mr. Zeng was subsequently sent to Guangxi No. 1 Forced Labour Camp for one and a half years. At the forced labour camp, Mr. Zeng went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was forcibly taken to the hospital for injections with unknown drugs. His family was not allowed to visit him. He was closely monitored by criminal inmates and forced to watch videos and read books that defamed Falun Gong. He was not allowed to move around from 8 a.m. to midnight, except for meals or going to the washroom, and he was not allowed to sleep most of the time. He was finally released in February 2011.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.